Rally 3F's Meet - 3rd to 8th August 2023 - Drax Social Club (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Two nights on the trot with excellent entertainment to get you toe tapping, or up dancing if preferred. Great stuff. (y)

Both singers had a wide and diverse range of songs, suiting all ages in the hall. (y)

toledo, sorry Dave pal, but your post above was a tad insensitive to say the least. :(

Regards,

Jock.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Sounds like you've had a great time...nothing unusual about a bit of bickering at the back, don't take it personal. Rally organisers and helpers do a damn good job! I remember we attended one of Dave's (toledo) Northern Soul do's...mostly great music, but some not so, we just went and sat outside (it was bloody hot in that hall!), never dreamt of dissing anyone, don't know what Dave said (wasn't there), but maybe a bit (a lot) late in the night for posting on the thread.

Been on a few fun rallies (1st Newark one...MFun v Mfacts attendance), always enjoyed them.

Got this one down as a must for next time.

regards
Allen & Eileen

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Colin

Hi Colin

Yes thanks mate.

Have had a great response from everyone and and glad to say the Funsters have come through and got the solar system system working

Batteries are charging now. Turned out to be a well hidden fuse that had blown at some point.

So thanks to everyone that came to help and offer support.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Lisa well we thought she did a great mix and had us all singing and dancing with all her music.🙂
toledo if the second half was not to your taste you could have always gone into the other bar👍 AND sometimes your karaoke singing has not been to my taste but I have never criticised it 🙂
@L’Hobo very nice of you to volunteer to cook the burgers next year🤣

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I was looking at the dancing pics earlier and it struck me that there were more ladies than men and wondered if men, of a certain age, were phycologicaly damaged by, in their very early teens, (when ALL lads were handsome, remember those day? 😄) having to walk across the village dance hall, in front of all his guffawing 'friends', to ask a girl if she wanted to dance.
She replied, " No thanks, I'm with me friend" and then one had to return, embarrassed, across that same empty floor!
It can scare a young man yer knows! 😆

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Lisa well we thought she did a great mix and had us all singing and dancing with all her music.🙂
toledo if the second half was not to your taste you could have always gone into the other bar👍 AND sometimes your karaoke singing has not been to my taste but I have never criticised it 🙂
I'll cook them, but will you be the FIRST to eat/try them? I'll pack me Zimmer.
PS. Steve Steve and Denise ) I have edited my initial post to include you, I hope it meets with your approval?😆
😆

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JaG

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Has he dared to show is face this morning.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I was looking at the dancing pics earlier and it struck me that there were more ladies than men
3 fellas dancing alone......🤣👍
20230804_224103.jpg

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
A great evening on such a well organised rally, I can't remember who I promised but I elected myself to chop your onions next year as I have knife skills that make it a doddle and not a chore.
I must have been drunk 🥴
To all who selflessly give up there time to ensure we get to have a rally, a big thank you.

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
I am sitting here in my van reading all your comments about what I have said I have not said anything about the running of this meet as I no that Bob and his team do a fantastic job of putting on this rally and I no how much hard work all the team members have put in and are still putting in for the whole weekend but for some members who slam me down you now who you are as I would never put down any member of moterhomefun as I respect all of you hope you all have a great time at all the rallies and in joy you're selfs
Thanks Toledo 😎

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Well both Denise and I are enjoying our first rally. Such a group of lovely friendly people and the support yesterday in sorting out my solar problem was amazing.

I’ve marshalled at caravan rallies many years ago and it’s not as easy as it looks. The team have done a great jobFor which we are very thankful. It’s only as a result of their hard work and commitment to us that we can have such a lovely weekend.

It’s been brilliant so far and we certainly loved the show last night. Great choice of songs throughout the 3 decades. Loved it

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend and I hear the sun may come out to play again too. What more can you ask for ?

Cheers peeps
Graham & Denise

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Perhaps a little chat with Lisa, wouldn't go amiss, Motorhome Fun lets keep it that way,😁. I/ have enjoyed every rally that we have attended, what a great bunch of people you are.

Feb 18, 2022
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
RT Pergaso 740
Another call for help. As you may know I have been fettling our old jalopy up for a few years now. I bought a couple of new headlamps early on but one filled with water straight away. I have stripped it down while it was nice yesterday and wondered if anyone has any silver (ish) spray paint I could have a few squirts of please to cover the current bronze effect?
Got some silver gaffer tape if that would help?

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
FUNSTERS HAVE TALENT this afternoon 1:00 to 4:00

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU

BRING YOUR OWN INSTRUMENT AND OR MICROPHONE

We have a wealth of talented people in FUN so please let me know
Beforehand if you would like us to reserve you a performance slot.

Richard and Gay

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I thought the singer was ok and did a good job getting lots of folks dancing. She did say 70's and 80's after her break for the second half and the songs were all ok and danceable, she had a great voice.
The entertainment all round has been great ,the burgers were great the clubhouse is great, and the drax tour was great. What's there not to like ( weather excepted)
Your meet is exceptional Lisa and we all appreciate the hard work everyone has put in.
(y):party2:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
READ ALL ABOUT IT!
And now, for something completely different.

The book shop is temporarily closed for today while the Emmit's complete their webbed feet modification.

Normal shop hours, (10 ish) will resume tomorrow, Sunday.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Y
FUNSTERS HAVE TALENT this afternoon 1:00 to 4:00

PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU

BRING YOUR OWN INSTRUMENT AND OR MICROPHONE

We have a wealth of talented people in FUN so please let me know
Beforehand if you would like us to reserve you a performance slot.

Richard and Gay

Put me down for a slot please ...Sing a long SUGGY ...
Or should i say ....
Croak along with SUGGY..😎

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back