Rally 3F's Meet - 3rd to 8th August 2023 - Drax Social Club (4 Viewers)

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Hope your on the mend soon , so far testing negative ots something I don't want to share.
Thanks, a lot brighter today after a decent sleep but guidance is to avoid contact for 5 days from positive test date. This time is much easier, just a heavy cold, when the first time I was truly bed ridden despite being fully vaxxed.

Unless you are feeling rough probably no point in testing. Even then my experience despite fully vaxxed of now having it twice is the LFT won't show positive for 2-3 days after you started to feel grotty.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
After some advice / help

I do t think my solar is charging the leisure batteries.

Would Anyone with a few minutes to spare mind having a quick look for me please ?

Bailey autograph at far back rhs of field. Smiley face flag on pole

Thanks
Hi Colin

Hi Graham

Did you find a volunteer?

Just back from the tour so if you're still struggling PM me, I'm confident I have a meter with me somewhere in the van.

Colin

Hi Colin

Yes thanks mate.

Have had a great response from everyone and and glad to say the Funsters have come through and got the solar system system working

Batteries are charging now. Turned out to be a well hidden fuse that had blown at some point.

So thanks to everyone that came to help and offer support.

Graham

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thanks, a lot brighter today after a decent sleep but guidance is to avoid contact for 5 days from positive test date. This time is much easier, just a heavy cold, when the first time I was truly bed ridden despite being fully vaxxed.

Unless you are feeling rough probably no point in testing. Even then my experience despite fully vaxxed of now having it twice is the LFT won't show positive for 2-3 days after you started to feel grotty.
I'll do another test to make sure as I have never had it ..yet, it has to happen but like you I would not be around people if it was positive.
Get well soon

Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
Had a rattle can of silver paint under seat for about 5 years. Finally removed it on Wednesday :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Another call for help. As you may know I have been fettling our old jalopy up for a few years now. I bought a couple of new headlamps early on but one filled with water straight away. I have stripped it down while it was nice yesterday and wondered if anyone has any silver (ish) spray paint I could have a few squirts of please to cover the current bronze effect?

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Lisa, we will not be arriving tomorrow.

We have our van back :giggle: but after nearly 4 months on being sat in a garage the hab side needs some attention, so devoting ourselves to cleaning, testing and fixing between the biblical rains (y)

Disappointed to miss the meet, but so happy to get the van back (mixed emotions:(:LOL:). Hope it goes well and if there any monies then please donate to the cause.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
So sorr
Lisa, we will not be arriving tomorrow.

We have our van back :giggle: but after nearly 4 months on being sat in a garage the hab side needs some attention, so devoting ourselves to cleaning, testing and fixing between the biblical rains (y)

Disappointed to miss the meet, but so happy to get the van back (mixed emotions:(:LOL:). Hope it goes well and if there any monies then please donate to the cause.
Sorry that you can’t make it but glad you got your van back.
Thanks for the donation 👍🏼

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Little Miss Sixties

Amanda led the dancers onto the floor 🥰

IMG_8846.jpeg
IMG_8847.jpeg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
It’s been a day of sunshine and showers, but Terry’s Gang timed it perfectly, and we all queued and ate our burgers in the sunshine.

Cliff and I then went off to buy a set of darts, having left ours at home, and proceeded to compete in a North/South Battle of The Arrows with Ditcha Di and Dave. Suffice to say The Soft Southerners triumphed over the South Shields Sandancers, crappy darts notwithstanding!

Going back to the burgers, some of us had two, so it was just as well we’ve had another brilliant night of dancing to Little Miss Sixties (she also made a good job of the 70s and 80s too)!

I’m not saying I’d like to live next to them, but the cooling towers make a very atmospheric walk back to the van…
4da8a648-bd24-4454-9d58-180967c47592.jpeg

Another Draxy Day tomorrow, rain or shine, we don’t mind … :rofl:

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Well very disappointed in the little miss sixty s to night the first set was great all 60s then come back on for second time and starred with 70s and then 80 s that's when I left I was looking forward to a 60 s night. So disappointed but this is only my preference to music sorry guys and Good Night ( Toledo )😎

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Well very disappointed in the little miss sixty s to night the first set was great all 60s then come back on for second time and starred with 70s and then 80 s that's when I left I was looking forward to a 60 s night. So disappointed but this is only my preference to music sorry guys and Good Night ( Toledo )😎
And you had every opportunity to share your disappointment at the end of the evening when the music stopped and you were sat there behind us. But you chose to air your views on the thread instead.
Well thanks for that Dave, I’ll speak to you in the morning!

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Do you know what Dave toledo - I’m still sitting here at 1.30am wondering why anyone bothers to run a rally. I thought you, of all people, would understand the hard work that organisers put in to ensure that funsters have a good time.
So you want to air your disappointment publicly, then here is mine. I’m disappointed in people like you that think they have the right to post negative and hurtful comments about an aspect of a rally that they don’t like when you know full well (or should do) that we don’t get paid for this, we’re not running a business and we do not make money on it. It’s all done for funsters and charity.

What does one gain by criticising publicly when they can just speak directly? It just leaves bad feeling and, speaking personally, makes me want to say stuff it - no more 3F’s for me!

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Do you know what Dave toledo - I’m still sitting here at 1.30am wondering why anyone bothers to run a rally. I thought you, of all people, would understand the hard work that organisers put in to ensure that funsters have a good time.
So you want to air your disappointment publicly, then here is mine. I’m disappointed in people like you that think they have the right to post negative and hurtful comments about an aspect of a rally that they don’t like when you know full well (or should do) that we don’t get paid for this, we’re not running a business and we do not make money on it. It’s all done for funsters and charity.

What does one gain by criticising publicly when they can just speak directly? It just leaves bad feeling and, speaking personally, makes me want to say stuff it - no more 3F’s for me!
It’s clear for everyone to see that you all put so much into the planning, administration, organisation and execution of this rally, it’s really frustrating that you’re feeling like you are.

I promise you that you and the rest of the team are held in the highest esteem for the effort you put into making sure everyone has the absolute best time! ❤️

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh Lisa I'm at the rally virtually through would have loved to be there for real and can see from the months of planning and sheer hard work you have put in you do an amazing job and from the photos everyone is enjoying their evening, please don't let toledo thoughtless post make you loose sleep and upset you sending a virtual hug 🤗

OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Oh Lisa I'm at the rally virtually through would have loved to be there for real and can see from the months of planning and sheer hard work you have put in you do an amazing job and from the photos everyone is enjoying their evening, please don't let toledo thoughtless post make you loose sleep and upset you sending a virtual hug 🤗
Thanks Carol and Harvey…,

Honestly, I’m not looking for praise. I appreciate your sweet words….
We have a great team with fantastic helpers and a smashing bunch of funsters here.

You can probably guess there is more to this and perhaps I should have stopped at the first reply 🙄

Anyway, I was trying to post some more pics of Little Miss Sixties, who also sings 70’s and 80’s 😉 but the wifi signal is a bit hit and miss, so will keep trying.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Brilliant night with Little Miss Sixties. She sang songs we all knew and so many danced the night away to her. Wish I had half the energy she had.
Thank you for organising a brilliant entertainer. This has to be one of the top rallies on the whole MHF calendar.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
You can please some of the people some of the time but cannot please all of the people all of the time.

OK so I had to leave the rally, of that I am very miffed. Just from marshaling at many events I can see the effort that goes into organising so many of these rallys, and the 3Fs must be one of the most demanding. That Lisa is still trying to post at silly o'clock in the morning shows the strength of care for this event. With the number of attendees it is inevitable that not everyone will be 100% in love with everything that happens, but I'm hoping that the above sequence of posts can largely be attributed to posting without due care whilst under the influence of drink, which would have indicated a good night had in fact been enjoyed.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Personally we thought she was brilliant and sang songs from 60's, 70's and 80's that we all knew and enjjoyed dancing to.
I think the number on the dance floor said it all.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

Lisa
Tiredness can make us write things we, hopefully, do not mean and I hope that's the case with you and Dave. He of all people should know what it takes to pull together such a brilliant event.
Personally, I have never heard a bad word said about Drax, just the contrary in fact. One only has to look at the number of vans/people attending to appreciate how we ALL love and appreciate being here.
Strangely enough, when I saw you and Terry serving at the Hamburgers yesterday, I thought, whatever are they doing serving, they should be relaxing after days of running around and worry? You must learn to delegate more, ask for help, there are many willing Funsters.
(Not me or Steve, of course, as we are grumpy old sods) 😆
The weather this year hasn't helped and caused more headaches for you and the team but remembered, we all love and appreciate what you, and the others, ARE doing. See you next year! ♥️

Last edited:

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
The club is full of people with various tastes and talents, and as a bonus, we have been kindly allowed to do an extra event this afternoon (1:00 to 4:00) in the man in hall.

FUNSTERS HAVE TALENT

ALL WELCOME

We run this event often, giving everyone a chance to play, sing, watch, or just sing along and dance.

This should to give everyone an opportunity to join in and shelter from the weather, before the Feast and entertainment this evening.

Richard and Gay

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp

Well said Lisa, I/we think you are all doing a brilliant job.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back