Aug

Rally 3F's Drax Rally 1st - 6th Aug 2024 - 5 Nights. - FULL (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Everyone at Drax
We made a spur of the moment decision to leave early as we have stuff happening tomorrow. We just got home after a brilliant rally
Thanks Lisa Bob Terry and Denise for organising. Geoff , Lee and Rob for the parking us up so efficiently. All the burger cookers and the entertainers. You all did a superb job. Thanks too to all the funsters for being good company and having smiley faces. We met some old friends and some new. Thanks everyone. Roll on next year.
Hils and Glenn

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What a fantastic time we all had, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and was good to see some new and old faces. A big Thankyou to Lisa Terry, Bob and Denise & helpers for all the hard work that goes into organising and running the rally, you should be proud of yourselves, Just got home after a looong journey up and typical as soon as we reached Scotland it started raining and my brand new wiper blade fell apart. Luckily a Good Samaritan had a spare one in his broken down Campervan which he kindly gave me. Lesson to myself is not to buy Chinese wipers again and carry a reputable spare set. Time for bed, night night.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Loved all of it, great venue, great company, great organisation - it's something 'us' fledgling rally organisers could only aspire to.
Thanks to everyone involved and to those brave souls prepared to put themselves out of their comfort zone for the greater good this evening.

Jul 6, 2018
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
burstner brevio t640
Exp
Since 2010
Lisa Terry, Bob and Denise & and crew this was our first rally, I think we chose well. Thank you for all your hard work in making this a brilliant rally. To all the people we chatted with, who made us feel welcome thank you. We expect to be back next year.
Andy and Sandra

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Few years now
Just getting ready to head off home.
W would like to echo all the above posts. Thanks to all involved in organising , marshalling and those who attended for making it such a brilliant weekend.
Looking forward to 2025, though looking at our credit card app, we really need to make sure we buy a club card for next time.
Howard & Anita.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Will soon be leaving so a thank you to all involved I had a great time considering I don’t like big rallies and I met a few more faces and friends.

Hope I didn’t upset anyone with my humour and hope I made a few people laugh…

Because when you stop laughing, your done…😆😂

👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Because when you stop laughing your done…😆😂
👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

Some people might think you should have been 'done' years ago .....😁

Safe travels mate, looking forward to hearing how you go on in your epic travels next year

Dave and Yvette

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Though looking at our credit card app, we really need to make sure we buy a club card for next time.
Howard & Anita.

Can anyone advise as to the cost etc please, is it an annual fee? Is it a 12 month fee from Jan to Dec or 12 months from purchase etc please?

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
Just arrived home, finally managed to get to Drax on our 3rd attempt. What a great rally thanks to Bob, Denise,Terry and Lisa for all the hard and excellent work they did. Well over £4000 collected for the charity they are supporting so that’s a big thanks to all who attended you should all feel proud of yourselves.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Pamplona
Exp
Since 2018
Our first Drax rally and it was great. Bob, Terry, Lisa and all the other helpers, thank you. Staff in the club were fantastic too and what great facilities they have there. Loved all the entertainment, Lee Lard in particular as we had a good laugh. Didn’t get to speak to a lot of you but hopefully another time.

Pauline.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Lisa, Terry, Bob and Denise and all the other folks who made Drax another romping success. We were blessed with good weather, good company, good grub, and our Drax cards got some stick into the bargain.
Congratulations on the money made for Bobs DRI Charity. Well done.
Thanks again one and all👍

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
WOW,WOW, WOW, What a FABULOUS time we have had . Lisa , Terry you have done our funster family proud we have been so looking forward to this meet since the day we left last year and we have not been disappointed for one minute.
Lisa your dedication from start to finish is second to none from organising artist ,the endless hours on the admin side of things on the forum , the on going organising and communication to funsters , the artists, Drax management etc , sorting the days out to Drax power station . You deserve a well earned rest now well for a short time as I know you will be starting organising the next on soon .
Our thanks to Lisa Terry Bob Denise , Rob &Vikki plus all the volunteers who helped park up in rain and sunshine 👍🤗 thanks to All funster who entertained us absolutely Fab ♥️
To Drax management and staff so well done and thankyou your venue is a diamond to treasure and we will be back x

To All funsters who took the time out to chat to Amanda (special memories for her to treasure) and dance with her she loves every minute she loves her funster friends (family ) she has made some new funster friends this time round just so sorry I didn't get to everyone to say hi and welcome. The time fly's by so quickly on such a big rally
Thankyou
Kate x Bill & Amanda xxx

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Halfway home at a Transport Cafe along the A17, Steak Ale pie with onion gravy, new potatoes and veg for an early lunch.
( This eating well over the past few days, can't be good for my slim figure? 😄)

Thankyou EVERYONE for another fantastic weekend but especially Lisa, Terry, Bob & Denise for the complicated organising and ALL the other volunteers concerned over the weekend!

Safe journey home everyone and see you next year if not before. 👍

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
A big thank you to Lisa & Terry, Bob & Denise for organising and running such a fantastic rally. I have had a great time. To Lee and Geof for helping with the parking up and to the guys Terry, Bill and whoever else helped me get on my levellers right after I made a complete hash of it. If anyone has a spare one/two they don’t want let me know, I won’t be using one of mine as I don’t want to risk slashing my tyre 🥴
Lovely to meet Funster friends old and make new ones. Thank you everyone for your company and last but not least Dave and his staff in the club. They are always so helpful and stay cheerful all the time.
Safe travels and see you all soon xx

Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi all,
What more can we say that hasn’t already been said it was a fantastic meet and thanks to Bob, Lisa and Terry and all who got involved in making this a truly memorable and unique occasion with Funsters contributing lots of lolly for such a good cause.

It was good to see Denise there enjoying the ambiance of Drax with all the Funsters.

Well done to Dave and all his merry band for all their hard work
in making the event such a great success.

Roll on the next one.

Mick n Sheila x👍

Feb 28, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 175
Exp
Thanks for a great, Terry & Lisa Bob of course for all your hard work, and everyone else that helps to make this rally what it is.
We are 2/3rds of the way home only 137 miles tomorrow😁, a few nights sleep and back up to Pershore.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
We had a fantastic time. Thanks to all who made this a great event. Got back to Scotland last night. Stuck in landslide on the rest and be thankful for hrs then stuck again for hrs just a few miles from home due to a fallen tree. Can’t wait till next year. 🌟🌟🌟🌟👍

Mar 30, 2022
Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A white and grey one
Exp
Tugging since I could drive, now joining the dark side 😁😉
Lisa, Terry, Bob, Denise and all the other helpers......

Thank U GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

We can't add much more to what has already been said, just an excellent weekend.

It only our second visit to this rally and we've already reserved the dates for next year. God willing we'll see you all then (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back