Aug

Rally 3F's Drax Rally 1st - 6th Aug 2024 - 5 Nights. - FULL (5 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
And I get no thanks for bringing some extra sun 🌞, it was that extra sun that stopped the freak thunderstorm from lashing down through everyone's open windows.....!!! I've never heard the mass sound of creaking bones so loud as we all suddenly sprang to our feet, though I can hardly describe it as springing to feet for some of us ...

It's all Lisa this and Lisa that (as for 3f's...I can think of a few F's to describe the support group ;))....all Lisa and her crew have done is organise a fantastic rally for hundreds of us at a superb location, with great entertainment and a dodgy Friday night raffle, what's so difficult about that .... !!! :giggler:.

As for the entertainment last night, I even strutted some stuff and embarrassed Yvette as usual with my strutting, though the circle dancers at the end really didn't understand my attempts to get a Mexican Wave going around the circle.... Big thanks to The Moondogs and don't forget the DJ and his VHS/Betamax video tapes ....

But back to Lisa, I suppose it won't be long before she even gets her own 'Love it Lisa' emoji after doing this gig now for a few years, LOL LIL :giggle::giggle:

Thank you to everyone involved, my first night as a Draxxer was fantastic xxx

And now you have seen how easy it is for Lisa & Co to do it, can we expect something similar at Thorpe-le-Soken next year? 🤣

PS. You have not had the Carvery, more is yet to come! 👍

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
And now you have seen how easy it is for Lisa & Co to do it, can we expect something similar at Thorpe-le-Soken next year? 🤣

PS. You have not had the Carvery, more is yet to come! 👍
Looking forward to the Hogro Asti tonight, do you know which country the Asti is from ...Yvette likes a bit of fizzy ... :unsure: :unsure:

Though the six bottles and six crystal cut glasses won't go far with @220 of us ...

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
What do you mean by dodgy raffle 😵‍💫 I’ll have you know we dont do dodgy maybe a bit of ducking n diving but everything is done by the book, if you come again your on raffle ticket duty.

It’s the naughty corner for you mr B 😵🤣.
Sheila, Shirley n Lynn x

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Looking forward to the Hogro Asti tonight, do you know which country the Asti is from ...Yvette likes a bit of fizzy ... :unsure: :unsure:

Though the six bottles and six crystal cut glasses won't go far with @220 of us ...
You never know, 5000 people were supposed to have been fed with less? 🤞😄

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
What do you mean by dodgy raffle 😵‍💫 I’ll have you know we dont do dodgy maybe a bit of ducking n diving but everything is done by the book, if you come again your on raffle ticket duty.

It’s the naughty corner for you mr B 😵🤣.
Sheila, Shirley n Lynn x

Just as long as he doesn't come over the moat to invade Hobo's Hill ......🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
if you come again your on raffle ticket duty.

Sheila, Shirley n Lynn x
Firstly, I will take that as a personal invite to Drax in perpetuity... So thank you for that kind invite.
Secondly, I don't have the strongarm selling techniques that you three have obviously honed to a fine art over the last few years .... :giggler: so the raffle would e a complete disaster

Tonight my money stays in my coat pocket, so I can play 'ive left my coat at home' card ....!!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
IMG_0635.jpeg

Aug 11, 2021
Brading, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldis Envy 185
Exp
Since 2019
After the fabulous Lee Lard tonight I took some photos of the cooling towers which look incredible 😁
Thanks for a brilliant weekend we've enjoyed every minute of it.
Our first time to Drax and it won't be our last with little Dexter the Labrador puppy who's done incredibly well on his first official motor home rally! 😃

IMG_20240803_221757798.jpg

IMG_20240803_221854457.jpg

IMG_20240803_221940411.jpg

IMG_20240803_222019701.jpg

IMG_20240803_222104919.jpg

IMG_20240803_222142172.jpg

IMG_20240803_222221692.jpg

IMG_20240728_093027585.jpg

IMG_20240803_222137987.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lisa

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
La La Land
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Chocolate raffle will be drawn at 7.45pm

The act will start at 8pm

Main raffle will be around 8.45pm. Quick fire number calling as there are lots of prizes. Running shoes may be required or boxing gloves 😂😂

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are all different but for me the best act of the weekend was saved til last. All enjoyable acts but tonight really was a party night. Mum was in her glory strutting her line dancing on the floor. What a fantastic weekend we’ve had so far.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Do hope to get to this next year, will keep a look out for the date so as i don't arrange other things at the same time.

Whatever you arrange Sue cancel it, this event and venue is a beauty

We’ve had a fantastic weekend and we send our thanks and congratulations to all those who’ve had an hand in organising it.

Thanks everyone and to all the new friends we’ve met, it’s been a blast 💥

Al & Val

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well what an evening probably one of the most energetic acts I have seen Caroline had me sweating and out of breath and that was just watching her,
What a way to top off a fantastic rally along with everything else this has to be the best rally we have attended in our 12 years of motor homing 🙂
Thank you
Bob/Lisa/Terry-and not forgetting Rob and Vicky for the Music 😃😃

Polly

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2024
Funster No
I'm home after a fantastic two nights I really enjoyed it hope to stay longer next year ( but it was hard for me this year). I must thank all the organisers Bob Denise Lisa Terry for all there hard work ,the marshals for parking up and the music by the DJ and funster band in the afternoon and everyone else who chipped in. Hope I can come back next year.
Thank you once again for making me welcome and everyone else for making it a successful rally

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Had a lovely time at this amazing rally. massive thanks to Lisa, Terry, Bob, marshalls, FUN band and all those who had the courage to have a go at singing and playing - well done. The food and entertainment was exceptional.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
It just, gets better every time! :party2:
:thanks3:Terry, Lisa, Bob, Denise, Geoff and all the many helpers who made the rally the best MotorhomeFun Rally ever. Even the weather was kind to us.
Although we had to leave Sunday evening to get Jean sorted medically, the time we spent there was fabulous. meeting new friends, superb BBQ and Hog Roast, top quality entertainment and as per usual, the Funsters that made the meet so friendly and enjoyable.
Looking forward to next year already. :cheers:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks for another fabulous 3F's meet , Lisa, Bob and Terry. Geoff , Lee and Rob for the park ups. Dynamix for the music and the burger crew and helpers for the sausage and burgers.
A fantastic Hog roast buffett and great entertainers for the club nights and our own steadfast players and singers.
Brilliant weather for a brilliant weekend . Well done everyone. Sorry if we missed anyone out or missed the goodbyes. See you all soon. (y) (y) (y) :party:

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Thank you Drax team for accommodating us last minute - it's really appreciated 👍🏼

Great event and great people. Chatted to at least four couples we haven't met before and welcomed them to the Funster gang.

Anyone travelling south needs LPG I can confirm our RV easily fitted in Morrisons Doncaster South petrol station. Pump on far left and almost straight exit from there. (99p though).

Ps Jacob & Rosa say thank you too ...... but they were playing hide and seek today....

IMG_20240803_154440308.jpg

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Well our first MHF event went with a bang, it was just great and the weather very kind to us.

Massive thanks to Terry, Lisa, Bob, Denise, Geoff and all the many helpers who's names it will take us 4/5 years to get in our heads, so apologise to anyone who we may have left out.

Have to say the boss of the venue itself was great as well, don't know his name but he seems like a really nice friendly fella, the coffee and pastries this afternoon we lovely, the Burgers and Hog roast buffet was just fabulous as well, infact everything was, cannot fault it in any way.

We hope to get our name down for the next one now we've dipped our toes in the water.

Hope to see you all again next year and happy and safe travels to you all

Al and Val xx

PS. Have to say the entertainment was just superb, could not fault any of it, the singer last night just got the whole room on its feet :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back