1999 Neissman Bischoff Flair Life - any good? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Gosh, that's cool. Do the chains need replacing on a regular basis or can we just forget about that aspact of maintenance? :)

Oct 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 243
Exp
1 year in and loving it
Congratulations! Happy adventures to you.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Gosh, that's cool. Do the chains need replacing on a regular basis or can we just forget about that aspact of maintenance? :)
Mt understanding is that the chain belt will last the life of the vehicle.
Congratulations, glad you like the van - sounds great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Personally i think the flair is ugly so that would have put me off straight away. And the interior isn't my cup of tea. The hymer looked nicer but overpriced for the year.

I think for long-term both lacked space and storage. I think there is better available at similar prices to the hymer at present.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Personally i think the flair is ugly so that would have put me off straight away. And the interior isn't my cup of tea. The hymer looked nicer but overpriced for the year.

I think for long-term both lacked space and storage. I think there is better available at similar prices to the hymer at present.

Good job you posted this after they bought it… 🤣🤣

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Good buy I liked both the Flair and the Hymer they are only short vans you have to remember they are not going to have the same storage as a big A class.

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Indeed. I think we'll manage as we don't plan to take a lot with us, even while we have the dogs. It was also a trade-off because anything longer and Sarah would have been very nervous about driving it. So as a first vehicle we think it's a good compromise. I guess we'll find out soon enough! :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good job you posted this after they bought it… 🤣🤣
I never noticed they had bought it till after i commented 🤦‍♂️ the flair advert said ended unsold.

Never been keen on those older ones. They are not the bonniest.

But theres some really good vans up just now around the 20-25k mark

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We saw it, we liked it, we bought it! :)
Thank you for all the really helpful advice and insight.
Congratulations, just remember that there are very few things on a motorhome that can't be fixed eventually or made able 'to live with'...so don't worry about minor issues and get in the road and enjoy yourselves

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Thank you, that's sage advice and I think we'll follow it :)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Camchains last a long long time. You will definitely know if its getting tired long before it fails, unlike a cambelt which can let go at little notice if maintenance is neglected.

Ignore the comment about chain belt, there's no such thing.

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Chain drive is far better, they can get rattly but that is usually a worn tensioner or a slightly stretched chain

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010

Remind me of the van you took to Europe last winter!🤣🤣🤣

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

Mate, all the support you have had on this forum through your trials and tribulations and there were many but l cannot recall anybody posting such a stern putdown the fella could do with a bit of support.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Mate, all the support you have had on this forum through your trials and tribulations and there were many but l cannot recall anybody posting such a stern putdown the fella could do with a bit of support.
🤷‍♂️ The op asked folks opinions on the two vans he posted adds for.

I gave my opinion on them same as anyone else. ..so not sure what the problem is.

I never read the 3 pages of responses before i typed my reply so i didn't know he had bought it till after i posted... not that it would have changed my opinion of both vans. It wasn't a put down of the op in any way its just my opinion on 2 motorhomes. Ive never liked the look of the old flairs. They are not my cup of tea and i think the interiors are dated. I have the same view of the old RMB vans too 🤷‍♂️

The hymer is better looking but the one he posted was overpriced for the year. Theres many better buys out there.

Peoples opinions vary but id rather give an honest one than just agree with others for the sake of it.

If the op likes it and is happy with it then all is good 🤷‍♂️

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
We are all entitled to our opinions, and that is just what they are. It is not fair to pick on someone for their right to express an observation about their choice of aesthetics. Not to keen on some Turner prize winners myself.

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Personal taste aside, my hope when creating the thread was to get informed opinion on whether the N&B Flair of that age is a well built and reliable MH. This I did get answers to and I'm very grateful to all contributors for that. It gave us the confidence to buy the vehicle and we are really looking forward to our first adventure, so thank you to all. :)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Northernraider might have to put himself on
' ignore' if that's possible. I guess he knows how

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Hope you have many years of pleasure we’ve had ours over 20 years still love it .we found a dealer in Germany for servicing and spares so no worry’s.

OP
OP
S

SurreyNick

Free Member
Jun 5, 2022
Funster No
MH
Looking for one now
Hi
How are ye getting on with flair ,
Any problems with it ,
We love it! We have given it a makeover inside and out and in so doing have made it 'ours'. Accommodation-wise the space is wonderful, really easy to inhabit and live in and having central heating is a real luxury. Even in winter it's snug.

We have had a few minor niggles, in fact I'm just about to post one regarding the driver's wing mirror which won't hold its position while in motion, but the few issues we've had have been minor. The suspension is a bit soft so it does wallow, but I understand that's just a feature of these old N&B Flairs and I have become accustomed to it now, so it doesn't faze me.

Ours is 24 years old come June, but I don't think we'd swap it for anything else. What more can I say!

Jul 20, 2022
Funster No
MH
just looking b514
That’s great to hear,ours 24 years this year too,getting new decals in a few weeks ,
Got the tv working. Must get the cab air con fixed as taking it to Portugal in sept ,
Unfort not away in it yet,as don’t have the c1 lisence to drive it as rated 3850 kg.
It’s a money racket here to get it ,
Will cost me over 600 euro I reckon ,
But will be worth it,

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We love it! We have given it a makeover inside and out and in so doing have made it 'ours'. Accommodation-wise the space is wonderful, really easy to inhabit and live in and having central heating is a real luxury. Even in winter it's snug.

We have had a few minor niggles, in fact I'm just about to post one regarding the driver's wing mirror which won't hold its position while in motion, but the few issues we've had have been minor. The suspension is a bit soft so it does wallow, but I understand that's just a feature of these old N&B Flairs and I have become accustomed to it now, so it doesn't faze me.

Ours is 24 years old come June, but I don't think we'd swap it for anything else. What more can I say!
Our Clou is 20 this year. We re just back from a 3 month 5000 miles trip France Spain and Morocco, she didnt miss a beat :giggle: :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back