£40,000 Motorhome stolen. Police not interested. Insurers won’t pay up. (6 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I have a key fob with my phone number on it.wigh a finders reward. If someone were to find them I would advise a different adress for posting or go to pick them up.
If the van was close to the lost keys though they only have to click the fob to flash the lights to find the vehicle.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I have a key fob with my phone number on it.wigh a finders reward. If someone were to find them I would advise a different adress for posting or go to pick them up.
If the van was close to the lost keys though they only have to click the fob to flash the lights to find the vehicle.
In our case the keys carried on the van are all non fob keys, we just use the central locking function. Somebody going vehicle to vehicle might arouse suspicion.
I note your point about the post code, and might alter that to one of the off springs address, the keys could well be mislaid reasonably close to home, not just abroad.
People do take far more risk, I noted on a kayaking trip recently a brand new V.W. Transporter parked in a car park ready for when the owner got off the river at that parking point. The various roof racks and visual clues of paddling kit on show inside the van gave it away as to it's purpose for being there. We were sheltering behind it out of the wind waiting for our lift to arrive when the keys to this new van were spotted sitting on top of the front nearside tyre!!! No one showed up all the time we were there.
Mike.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You just need to be clever when reporting such a theft.

“Economical with the truth” is I believe the phrase.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.

Possibly tricky,if you're no longer holding both sets of keys 🤷‍♂️
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

A bit tricky if you're unlucky and it's recovered with the keys! If you have told the insurance and police you didn't leave them with it you could be done for fraud although very unlikely

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back