Zaostrog

We spent a couple of more nights at Mlini. At first I didn't like the site but it did grow on us. Will and Sue had decided they would start heading home from here. It was the furthest point and they had a few places to go on the way back. After we said goodbye to Sue and Will we set off again.
14-Dubrovnic-Viterska.png
In the planning stage I had put in a visit to Mostar and the Blagaj Tekija monastry in Bosnia. After reading reports of corrupt officials at the border that take your passport and only give it back if you give them fifty euros, we all thought better of it.
What we did want to do was drive the coastal road along the adriatic as we had missed it on the way down from Split.
The drive was nice but not stunning. There are lots of little huts at the side of the road selling local produce. We also filled up with cheap diesel at just over a pound a liter.
We were heading back past Split to another ancient town called Trogir. We stopped along the coast at Zaostrog, which was about halfway to our next destination. On the map it looks like a little seaside town with a monastery. I suppose yet another ACSI site was another attraction.
IMG_8548.JPGIMG_20230521_160153.jpgIMG_20230521_160522.jpgIMG_20230521_191258.jpg

As Morrissey once said it's the seaside town they forgot to shut down. Nothing was open and even if it was, it all looked a bit tired and shabby. We had passed better places on the way here and would pass better ones tomorrow.
Camping Viter is adequate for one night but felt a little tired.

Out for a walk we noticed a statue of some monk that looked like Eric Morecambe.
IMG-20230521-WA0004.jpg
We stayed at Camping Viter (ACSI €21)

More entries from Broko

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Journal entry information

Author
Broko
Read time
2 min read
Views
Last update