VPN for ITV hub while in France (1 Viewer)

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Best VPN's are Nord VPN and Express VPN. They are not free...hence they work. You can get a refundable 1 month trail though so that's 2 months sorted.....then use a different email address for another 2 months.

Strangely I found my French SIM worked for Channel 4 live streaming without VPN. But not to watch on catch up. Weird.

Jul 7, 2021
Alcester, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
Exp
Since 2009
We bought ours in a large leclerc supermarket ( french version of a Tesco Extra store )
All you need is a form of I'd , which they scan
They also asked us for an address , but we just gave then the address of the airie we were at.
It costs 14.95 for 120gb or I think 19.95 for 160gb
There is also a one off charge of 5 euro for any of their SIM deals , e.g 120gb costs you 19.95 euro the first month , then when you go to top it up in month two it will cost you 14.95 euro for 120gb for the second month.
In the leclerc store the Sims were on display in their own small booth at the end of an isle .
Here is a pic of the packaging
And so far we have used like 30gb and it's been very impressive , mostly been used in the wife's phone with her hotspot on , but today is first time I've used it in the mifi and it worked fine there as well.
Thanks for this

I went to LeClerc and bought one this morning.

Very simple to install in my MiFi and initially all seemed to work fine. However I couldn't get it to work with BBC, even with PureVPN which works fine with Smarty in the MiFi and campsite WiFi. It kept telling me that I couldn't access it from abroad.

Now I can't access the internet at all. The MiFi control panel looks as if it is connected (see screen shot)

2022-07-01_21-14-22.png

However I just get a no internet error

Most frustrating

Peter

We bought ours in a large leclerc supermarket ( french version of a Tesco Extra store )
All you need is a form of I'd , which they scan
They also asked us for an address , but we just gave then the address of the airie we were at.
It costs 14.95 for 120gb or I think 19.95 for 160gb
There is also a one off charge of 5 euro for any of their SIM deals , e.g 120gb costs you 19.95 euro the first month , then when you go to top it up in month two it will cost you 14.95 euro for 120gb for the second month.
In the leclerc store the Sims were on display in their own small booth at the end of an isle .
Here is a pic of the packaging
And so far we have used like 30gb and it's been very impressive , mostly been used in the wife's phone with her hotspot on , but today is first time I've used it in the mifi and it worked fine there as well.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for this

Very simple to install in my MiFi and initially all seemed to work fine. However I couldn't get it to work with BBC, even with PureVPN which works fine with Smarty in the MiFi and campsite WiFi. It kept telling me that I couldn't access it from abroad.

Now I can't access the internet at all. The MiFi control panel looks as if it is connected (see screen shot)

View attachment 636816

Most frustrating

Peter
I've now got ours viewing ITV hub ( live ) using Nord VPN,
Try putting the SIM into a phone and trying it , our mifi is a Huawei, and we are in France ATM with the SIM in it and the Mrs is watching some catch-up on the hub with the SIM in the mifi

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
All this sounds so complicated, I can't help wondering if it's easier just to look out of the van window and dream! I just want to watch a certain EU based programme in the UK. Nord or Express?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
All this sounds so complicated, I can't help wondering if it's easier just to look out of the van window and dream! I just want to watch a certain EU based programme in the UK. Nord or Express?
In the end I got my problems sorted by switching my VPN to Nord VPN.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for this

View attachment 636816

Most frustrating

Peter
You may have to initialise it in your phone first to download the system config text then once working with Internet try in mifi

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
Interesting. I bought a TP Link M7350 mifI with EE data card before leaving for France.
Have been able to stream UK Sky Go and iPlayer without having set up a separate VPN. Got watch all the F1 over the weekend. I didn’t think this was possible. Not that I’m complaining.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Interesting. I bought a TP Link M7350 mifI with EE data card before leaving for France.
Have been able to stream UK Sky Go and iPlayer without having set up a separate VPN. Got watch all the F1 over the weekend. I didn’t think this was possible. Not that I’m complaining.
Yes we have been using our EE phone data and all works fine.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
well I have a plan, thanks to the stamps in our passports we can prove that we will have only been in UK for half the year so when our licence is due Im going to pay half.

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Cyberghost has servers optimised for streaming and there's one dedicated to ITV - but I haven't used it. I use their server optimised for BBC and have had no problems with it in Spain.

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
I use Surfshark...... not free but works overseas....and I watch Belgian TV in the UK no worries....and my pal watches Bulgarian TV in the UK too.... you can link the app to Smart TV, Android,Windows....it just works....I paid £48 for 3 years use... and all the family use it... whatever you choose....have fun

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Just read that about Le Cleek 1st one we got was great and set up in store but could not get our mobile accepted to renw on the monthly contract. So we bought another one at another Leclerc ( different town) and the lady there assuredly was all ready so when we arrived at next site found it no good and could not get any help off Reglo whose answer was to go back to Leclerc and get them to sort it despite us having the receipt with relevant info on he would have non of it . So buyer beware! Managed on site wifi and my 12 gb allownce in the end. Certainly looking at all this vapn info as I hate being controlled by the system..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back