Urgent help please - anyone speak dutch!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Mental last minute request please!!!

Someone has just accepted my offer of 9000 euros for this - but I can't get through on the number he has listed on his ad. He say's he will accept my offer to collect but I need to pay cash only.

Broken Link Removed

The number listed keeps coming up with "not recognised" even though I am dialling 003113..........then the number......

As I am trying to communicate via google translate it's a bit difficult.

I will need to take my daughter, the dog, and get the train down to Harwich and then across to Holland, if we leave tomorrow morning with overnight sailing we could be there Thursday to collect.

Anyone got any thoughts, as I don't want to go through all that if it's a scam, but to me, it looks a decent price and worth the effort involved.

Thanks you guys! ::bigsmile:

(Okay he's sent me the correct number now, but I still need a dutch speaker to phone him for me please?)

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I'm probably one of the few people who havn't been following the thread, but it appears that the young lady posts regularly so I guess has internet access. She must be aware by now that we are all worried. If it is a joke, she may be feeling bad, and if it isn't then if she can, I am sure she will post sooner rather than later.

I am hoping one of us on the forum is in a situation where a contact can be made one way or another.:Smile:

She has a child and dog. She could just be really busy with something to do with one of them. Chins up.:thumb:

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Hi guys,

..... Unfortunately we have to fly to Bari next week for a week (business!), Charlie-Brown has to stay with a dogsitter, so we just have enough time back to do paperwork before we are off again.

All will be well! :winky:

Maybe this last post from Pinkie gives a clue....:winky:

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
oh come on you [STRIKE]guys[/STRIKE] folks

shes done the easy bit
traveled to europe
bought a van
travelled back with young un and dog
come through after a little agro
kept us all informed

now she has the hard bit to do
reregister the van in the uk
and that means DVLA !!!!!!!
bit like spanish inquizitiion

and then shell obviously have to
clean polish and shine it

i say give the girl a break
she will let us know
her position in good time

heres hoping all is well

ps anyone got a spare set of nails and a wig
mine are a bit short:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Meor

I've sent a PM incase you don't get it here but basically although I would often have travelled alone with my kids I wouldn't have advertised the fact on the internet & certainly not that I was taking cash.

Since you spoke with the seller before, could you phone him again & see if she has been & gone?

If I'm away I rarely get the time to do the internet so maybe she's in the same position.

Dot

EDIT - didn't have time to read all the posts & thought she'd been abducted BEFORE she got the van :) Having now read a few others & the fact that she did get the van then I realise she's a head strong woman who knew what she wanted & knew how to accomplish it - I would never have done what she did in a million years! Well done Pinkie & hope to meet you someday 'when' I get another motorhome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Stop, Stop. Pinkie is back in the UK with her camper. No she has not been abducted by Alians or for that matter anyone else. She is quite possibly sorting her van out and has more important things to do after being away from home for over a week.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Dave I was just going to put the same, Pinkie has been posting regularly about looking for the type of Hymer she has since April, she asked for help in speaking Dutch, and the thread took on a life of its own.

As she said she has to fly to Bari soon, she had spoke to Dave who posted to say she had arrived in the UK, so probably thinks we know things are OK and as we all know Pinkie does not think its any big deal doing what she has done, when she next gets time after sorting the van the child her dog and the trip to Bari she will probably go:Eeek:

I am sure she will let us know how she getting on and like everyone else wish her well.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Stop, Stop. Pinkie is back in the UK with her camper. No she has not been abducted by Alians or for that matter anyone else. She is quite possibly sorting her van out and has more important things to do after being away from home for over a week.

Good - I can go off to Wales happily now!

Catherine

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Its normal that we where all a little concerned.

But what I have seen is a few remarks that it was not real, that it was just a hoax

Thats seems to be a modern thing build someone up and then nock them down.

Once you meet her or speak to her I think you will understand what she is like.

I take my hat off to her.

I know Dave has been a lot of help to her and if he was not posting that he was concerned it was all OK.

A good author keeps you in suspence and she is doing that .

Good luck to Pinkie and her crew.

Mel

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Its normal that we where all a little concerned.

But what I have seen is a few remarks that it was not real, that it was just a hoax

Thats seems to be a modern thing build someone up and then nock them down.

Once you meet her or speak to her I think you will understand what she is like.

I take my hat off to her.

I know Dave has been a lot of help to her and if he was not posting that he was concerned it was all OK.

A good author keeps you in suspence and she is doing that .

Good luck to Pinkie and her crew.

Mel

I think it was my post you refer to, I’ve followed the thread with interest, but I personally never built anyone up, or for that matter intended to knock anybody down.

However I did find it incredulous that somebody who could travel the world and keep internet connected at every point, could not simply post a “hi guys I home safely” post.

I’m glad she’s real as if it had been fiction it would have been very cruel

I’m gladder she’s home safe. :thumb:

But next she should remember the three rings rule.:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Okay i'm home

Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't post last night when I finally got home but I was BEYOND tired!

The last couple of days I haven't had any internet access whatsoever, I will fill you all in what happened. Snowbird just texted me and I'm literally still in bed with coffee!

So, boat trip to Harwich, all fine. I decided to head towards London and realised how dark it was driving towards London which made me rather nervous, not a fan of driving in the dark anyway, even in a little micra and tiredness was kicking in. I texted Snowbird to tell him it was unlikely that we would meet the next day as I wouldn't be able to drive all the way to Stoke. (I should say I had no charge on anything at that point, and had to stop at a Travelodge and beg use of their socket for 5 mins just to text, so battery virtually empty).

Also texted a friend near Wembley to ask if we could stay on their drive.

So slowly headed into London in the pouring rain and as we reached the East End, my indicators and wipers both went, as did the electric step I later found out. Bit of a nightmare in Central London in the pouring rain, even at 11.30pm it was busy. So after what seemed to be an incredibly long and difficult journey I finally found my friend's house and he was directing me into his drive when I knocked the large brick pillar on the passenger side of my lovely van and dislodged the top of the pillar. So now have a big gash in the side of the van, with trim rolled back.

So the next day, still exhausted, and the rain still lashing down we had to drive around London trying to find an auto electrician. I went to a Mercedes dealership, they couldn't help but directed me to Colindale, after Brent Cross I took a wrong turn and ended up in Ealing. I asked a van sales man who kindly phoned round some contacts of his and directed me to a Mercedes dealer nearby, which I found, and it was of course a simple fuse. They gave me a spare and I realised I had some of them in the glove compartment all along, if only I'd known how to read a German manual!

So we finally left London at 3.30pm and got as far as Tebay Weds night. I was going to drive further, bought a coffee and small steak pie, had 2 bites of pie, Charlie Brown got the rest of mine and I lay for a rest, decided against drinking the coffee.

Woke up to a beautiful sunny morning yesterday and got as far as Stirling when we had a break at my aunt's house in Alloa, before getting home about 5.30pm.

Oh my goodness - I am SO sorry for not posting last night but I still feel like a bit of a zombie, last night I couldn't do anything.

It seems like we've been away forever, we didn't meet Snowbird in the end because I couldn't bear another day away, we just wanted to get home.

So I shall sort all the other stuff out probably when we get back from Italy, as we are off again Monday evening.

Would I do it again?...............not right now I wouldn't! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I you were going to write a book as has been suggested, though no where near enough material in this thread; would you tell everybody the ending?
chances are her batteries in the phone and lappy are flat and she has no way to recharge them yet. He is a big girl and can take care of herself.
you will all be wanting to know what she had for breakfast next.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oops she beat me too it

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I you were going to write a book as has been suggested, though no where near enough material in this thread; would you tell everybody the ending?
chances are her batteries in the phone and lappy are flat and she has no way to recharge them yet.[HI] He is a big girl [/HI]and can take care of herself.
you will all be wanting to know what she had for breakfast next.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oops she beat me too it

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So there you have it. She is a real person. She was not abducted by Aliens. More to the point, she was not buried under my patio with the rest of the missing funsters :winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Once again, astounded and amazed at what people have been writing in my absence! There are photo's of us all on this thread and also on my home page, how on earth could we not be real?!!!

Also, given that people have been speaking to me............some of you lot wouldn't make very good detectives!

Yes, of course, I am a big girl and can look after myself no problem, just the mishap with the windscreen wipers/indicators meant it wasn't safe to be driving about until I sorted it out.

So once again, my apologies for keeping you in suspense - but life happens and for people who think there's internet everywhere - go to Sicily or Southern Italy and see how difficult it is to get online. Also difficult here when you are travelling and everything has run out of charge - it happens!!!!

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
So there you have it. She is a real person. She was not abducted by Aliens. More to the point, she was not buried under my patio with the rest of the missing funsters :winky:

we only have your word for that, or are you trying to get us to dig it up so you can lay a new surface? mmmm I wonder:Doh:

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
So once again, my apologies for keeping you in suspense - but life happens and for people who think there's internet everywhere - go to Sicily or Southern Italy and see how difficult it is to get online. Also difficult here when you are travelling and everything has run out of charge - it happens!!!!

No need for apologies at all, Pinkie. You are a star! :thumb:

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
we only have your word for that, or are you trying to get us to dig it up so you can lay a new surface? mmmm I wonder:Doh:

Considering its made from Italian marble that was acquired from a defunct fireplace manufacturer, it will cost you a bob or two if you break any of it ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Once again, astounded and amazed at what people have been writing in my absence! There are photo's of us all on this thread and also on my home page, how on earth could we not be real?!!!

Also, given that people have been speaking to me............some of you lot wouldn't make very good detectives!

Yes, of course, I am a big girl and can look after myself no problem, just the mishap with the windscreen wipers/indicators meant it wasn't safe to be driving about until I sorted it out.

Ill reserve my judgment till a funster see's you in reality, at this moment I'm not sure even if I exist:secret::getmecoat:

still nice to hear from you again:Blush:

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Solipsism - it's my word of the week.

Pinkie - you ROCK!

Well done in proving that we girls have bigger balls than most of the blokes on here :roflmto:
Dont get carried away Janine, most blokes would just have done it without feeling a need of talking about it. There is a lot that we do that goes over the heads of our partners:cry:. We are just humouring you by talking about it.:Smile:

Upvote 0

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi Pinkie

Make sure you put some duct tape or similar over the gash in the side of the van until you can get it sealed properly. Well done by the way :thumb:

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Pinkie,

Whatever you feel you have or haven´t done that is of any consequence, you have given many people an interest for the last week or so.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
All I can say is "I'm pleased you're flying to Italy " ..... And of course a big welcome back and well done Pinkie!

:flyingwelcome:

You mean Pinkie is the Pilot:ROFLMAO:

Or just flying ?

Not sure and nothing whould suprise me from Pinkie

Pinkie

Have a nice Holiday and enjoy the Sun

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.