Urgent help please - anyone speak dutch!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Mental last minute request please!!!

Someone has just accepted my offer of 9000 euros for this - but I can't get through on the number he has listed on his ad. He say's he will accept my offer to collect but I need to pay cash only.

Broken Link Removed

The number listed keeps coming up with "not recognised" even though I am dialling 003113..........then the number......

As I am trying to communicate via google translate it's a bit difficult.

I will need to take my daughter, the dog, and get the train down to Harwich and then across to Holland, if we leave tomorrow morning with overnight sailing we could be there Thursday to collect.

Anyone got any thoughts, as I don't want to go through all that if it's a scam, but to me, it looks a decent price and worth the effort involved.

Thanks you guys! ::bigsmile:

(Okay he's sent me the correct number now, but I still need a dutch speaker to phone him for me please?)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Brief summary:

Purchase went well.
Heating not working. Cold toes at night.
New batteries needed. Sorted.
Still in Holland awaiting vet inspection for the Labradoodle.
Sail back Tuesday, hopefully.

Think that's about it.:thumb:

Si.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Brief summary:

Purchase went well.
Heating not working. Cold toes at night.
New batteries needed. Sorted.
Still in Holland awaiting vet inspection for the Labradoodle.
Sail back Tuesday, hopefully.
Think that's about it.:thumb:
Si.
Thanks Bellini, great summary in just 5 lines:thumb: That's how I like them. I will now continue to read with interest the rest of both pinkie and her four legged friends journey.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
My goodness, I am exhausted after reading all of this thread. I go away for two weeks and all this happens!

Good for you Pinkie, you have done more in the last few days than some people would ever do, challange wise. We are thinking of going to France or Germany to buy our next van as the choice is so much more varied and there seemed to be dealers everywhere. Your adventure has convinced me that this is so doable.

Looking forward to meeting you some time.
Sandra
P.S another old Hymer owner

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped.......I will now continue to read with interest the rest of both pinkie and her four legged friends journey.
Don't forget Poppy, Pinkie's other companion, (and navigator), ie, her teenage daughter. ::bigsmile:

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi guys,

Well Charlie-Brown has now been to the vet so we are on the 2.30pm ferry back to the UK tomorrow - hoorah!!!!

From Harwich hope to get some miles up the country before stopping for the night and then catching up with Snowbird halfway up the country on Wednesday morning, so we will get the MOT at his preferred garage. Finger's crossed we could be back in Scotland Weds evening - you never know.

Thanks for all the messages of support, and for those of you that have read all of this incredibly long thread - well done!!! :thumb:

Had a great night's sleep last night, despite the rain/cold, once we snuggled up (after a few vino's!) it was cosy and warm.

I can't work out why this has caught so much attention - it doesn't seem that big a deal to me, when the whole purpose of buying a van/motorhome is to travel, so travelling to buy one doesn't seem like such a biggie really, but the support and help you guys have shown has been really touching, so thanks so much for that.

I can't wait to get to our first meet - Longridge I think it is, before Morocco in Jan.

Hopefully will get to meet some of you there!

::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I can't work out why this has caught so much attention

t doesn't seem that big a deal to me,
::bigsmile:

And thats the reason we have been glued to this post.
Nothing has fased you from the start.

And we look forward to the next chapter
From

Pinkie,Poppy & Charlie-Brown

Go touring in ????? I am sure the Hymer will be named soon.

Mel

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I dont think you realise just what you have done in so short a time
Many on here would love to do just what you have done but dare not for various reasons

Are you serious about going to moroco?
Cos if you are I for one would love to meet up with you
Elaine and I are setting of 1 or 2 January from pauls
That haggernaps newyear bash at utoxetter race's

Hope we meet up
Ps
You are still as daft as a brush but we like your style

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Congratulations to you all.

If you are travelling down the N340 in Spain en route to Morocco, call in at Camperstop Sierra Espuña and have a free night on us.

Martin and Judith (jumar)

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
I am sure Pinkie will come up with a name for her new motorhome.

But what about Peanuts to go with charlie-brown :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi guys,

Aw...............you lot!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Okay, must confess to being a bit mad, Poppy never knows what idea I am going to come up with next, but my view is you have got to just get on with things in life.

Yes, we will be going to Morocco, how could I not, it was to escape the worst of winter, that's why I wanted the van, and Morocco - totally doable!

I met a very nice Dutchman in our favourite bar/internet place yesterday when I was online and we ended up going for dinner with him, and he met us for coffee this morning, so that was nice............and no...........we split the bill but he did buy coffee this morning!

So that rounded off our few days in Hook of Holland with a good ending, despite the bad weather. (Poppy had been on the computer and said "who is he mum?"............) (I would like to add that I don't make a habit of picking up men in bars, but I asked my favourite barman and he told me........"he's a lovely guy"............so it kind of went with the spirit of the trip!)

Not sure about a name for the hymer, but we just love it, like my bashed up old micra, it doesn't need a name to know it's loved. ::bigsmile:

I have just bought the beam benders on the ferry, need to find a nice man to fit them, but have a few hours to work on that. I just hope my mobile doesn't run out of charge before I arrange to meet Snowbird tomorrow. I only have dutch/European adaptor and the motorhome has a silly round 3 pin socket, so none of my adaptors work in it, and I checked the ferry, they don't have them either.

Wow - we can't wait to get home, much as I love to travel, it's good to get back in your own bed! Unfortunately we have to fly to Bari next week for a week (business!), Charlie-Brown has to stay with a dogsitter, so we just have enough time back to do paperwork before we are off again.

All will be well! :winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Ah Snowbird..........thank you but pretty sure I haven't got a cigarette lighter on my van. There's an ashtray but no lighter! Hopefully I can charge on the way but I've written down your mobile for emergency when my phone goes off. Going to try and get as far up tonight as possible so that hopefully can get MOT early tomorrow and get home.:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Do you mean the cupboard the aerial thing goes into? Is there a cigarette lighter in there?!!!

Sorry for being so blonde but I am.........!:roflmto:

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
There should be a 12 volt socket somewhere in there, there always is. Dont worry about being blonde Pat is also.

Upvote 0

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Well I have been out today but been wondering how you were getting on!

I think a book is a must...... In all seriousness, gotta be better than some of the 'I moved house and everything went wrong' books I have read:RollEyes:

It's great that you don't think what you have achieved is a big deal, I'm with you all the way on getting out there and doing it! But would I have done what you've just done ?? My head says no but my heart says yes!! Would I set off to Morocco in January? Why ever not?

My husband, Dave, says nothing ever seems too much for me to tackle, but he's wrong! I'm like that swan..... Calm on the surface but paddling like fury underneath:ROFLMAO: good for you though, if you want something badly enough you go out there and get it!

But haven't the members of this forum been brilliant with all their support?

Three cheers for all of them I say:Smile::wooo::beer: can't find a three cheers smiley!

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Only just found this thread after being away for the weekend - brilliant! Pinkie, I thought I had cojones but you outclass me in every way. :thumb:

Wish you only the best in your travels with the new 'beastie' - and really hope to meet up with you at a Funster rally sometime. You are one amazing lady! :Smile:

Upvote 0

MadMax4

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
RV C Class
Exp
since 2013
Well done Pinkie, what a great inspiration you are, I home educate 3 of my children for 6 years due to bullying (long story) its hard work but worth it, and buying a motorhome is one of the best things we have done. Have a great time on your travels.:thumb:

Upvote 0

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
And enjoy the Hymer when you get home!

You need to take it to Peter Hambilton in Preston to sort out all the non-working bits and learn about how it all works .... good chap on all things Hymer, new and old. He has most of the spares and has looked after ours and many others on this forum.

Cheers

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Any news yet if pinkie has arrived safely for her mot and if all is well, keeping our fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Unfortunately its a no show at the moment Carol. She was last heard trundling around central London trying to find her way out.

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Unfortunately its a no show at the moment Carol. She was last heard trundling around central London trying to find her way out.
Oh dear. :Sad:

I detest driving in and around London. :Angry: I hope Pinkie has more patience than I have with London traffic. At least she won't get a letter from TFL, saying that her MH isn't compliant, as hopefully they won't be able to trace the plates back to her, with it not been registered with DVLA yet. :ROFLMAO:

Come on Pinkie, get out of that "rat hole." :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread