Toll Tags (2 Viewers)

Jun 29, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
boxer L4 H3
Exp
self built and finished
I’ve just been reading this I didn’t know anything about these tags. I better get my skates on. I’m going in 7 weeks just out of interest.
What kind of prices are you looking at on these tolls

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I’ve just been reading this I didn’t know anything about these tags. I better get my skates on. I’m going in 7 weeks just out of interest.
You pay a normal toll cost, there is generally an annual fee of a few € plus a fee each month its used again a few €.

Jun 29, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
boxer L4 H3
Exp
self built and finished
I have just tried to get a take from Emovis and my subscription failed. Won’t explain why.

Jun 29, 2020
Preston, UK
Funster No
MH
boxer L4 H3
Exp
self built and finished
Now fulli won’t recognise my postcode

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2017
Ayr,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express
Exp
virgin
The tolls in France can be very expensive - the toll tags are relativel cheap and removes the stress (not the actual toll cost) associated with paying at the toll booths

Dec 3, 2013
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since 2011
Good Morning All.
We are off to France for a month touring and wondered whether to get a toll tag rather than pay by card or cash. We have been a number of times through France but never had a tag. Are they worth it and what would you recommend to use?

Bob
Good Morning All.
We are off to France for a month touring and wondered whether to get a toll tag rather than pay by card or cash. We have been a number of times through France but never had a tag. Are they worth it and what would you recommend to use?

Bob
Hi Bob, hope you don't mind jumping in on your thread but I too wish to know more about "tags". The benefits and how it all works.
Q1. Without actually going through the purchase process for any of them it seems that the purchase is for an individual as opposed to the vehicle. If I'm correct how does the system know my MH classification? It's a Class 2 MH.
Q2. Away for 89 days to France & Spain and not rushing anywhere but the idea does seem worth a few euros for the sheer convenience. From the MHF threads and elsewhere there are as many opinions of the best as there are Funsters! However, any reasoned recommendations for my purpose would be very much appreciated. One of the benefits as I see it of a tag would be the avoidance of doubt as to classification if the tag is indeed registered to the vehicle. Hence Q1.
Q3. Many threads refer to a Mango tag as a good option. I've Googled any reference to Mango Tags but I haven't found a site of that name to explore it further. Has it changed its name?
I hope I'm not appearing to be a bit of a numpty on this but some help on this would be much appreciated. If someone can point me to a Youtube Channel with a good explanation to my questions that would be also very helpful.
Many thanks
Trevor
PS Bob, our beloved Burstner is affectionally known as Bertie!

OP
OP
Bertie Bus
Apr 30, 2017
Blisland Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 752
Exp
Owners since 2017
A quick update. Arrived in northern Spain and went through the tolls with ease. Now in Biarritz and it worked a treat. Bio and Go👍

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Hi Bob, hope you don't mind jumping in on your thread but I too wish to know more about "tags". The benefits and how it all works.
Q1. Without actually going through the purchase process for any of them it seems that the purchase is for an individual as opposed to the vehicle. If I'm correct how does the system know my MH classification? It's a Class 2 MH.
Q2. Away for 89 days to France & Spain and not rushing anywhere but the idea does seem worth a few euros for the sheer convenience. From the MHF threads and elsewhere there are as many opinions of the best as there are Funsters! However, any reasoned recommendations for my purpose would be very much appreciated. One of the benefits as I see it of a tag would be the avoidance of doubt as to classification if the tag is indeed registered to the vehicle. Hence Q1.
Q3. Many threads refer to a Mango tag as a good option. I've Googled any reference to Mango Tags but I haven't found a site of that name to explore it further. Has it changed its name?
I hope I'm not appearing to be a bit of a numpty on this but some help on this would be much appreciated. If someone can point me to a Youtube Channel with a good explanation to my questions that would be also very helpful.
Many thanks
Trevor

Mango is now Fulli. See my post #93 for the link to the special offer on at the moment.

Used in Italy and France recently and drive straight through the 30 kph lane without stopping.

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
Mango is now Fulli

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Many thanks
Trevor

Responding in more detail:

1) With the Fulli (previously Mango) tag, the account is registered to you but you nominate the vehicle it applies to. The toll booths have height detection, so you’re good to go. You can change the vehicle in your Fulli account online, so you only need one tag for any number of qualifying vehicles.

2) For the reasons above plus the special offer on at the moment the Fulli tag is a good deal and covers France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. The tag and account have worked flawlessly for me. Signing up can be problematic if you don’t have a bank account with euro compatibility IBAN etc. I opened a Revolut account for that reason, although it has had many more benefits as well.

Fulli Special Offer

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Many thanks
Trevor
Q1 There are height detectors at the toll booths as well as system to know axles etc. and you are charged accordingly.
Q2 Our emovis tag we get a bill and you can see your journey on line so you know if you get charged more than classe 2. We use the 30kph lanes in France so go straight thru but if you use the normal stop lanes you can see the classe on the screen.
Q3 Don't know as we are emovis.

May 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4i
We are currently in France and find the emovis tag to be very convenient. We came over the bridge at millau, the was a huge queue at the toll booth cash/card gates. We sailed through the telepeage section.

Sep 2, 2020
Ladybarn, Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Smashing but of engineering, I remember seeing a documentary on how they built it, couldn't drive over it though 😨

Sep 15, 2016
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
2015 Auto-Trail V600
Exp
8 years motohoming and counting
We are recently back from 3 weeks in France and used toll roads on our return leg from La Rochelle to Dieppe. We dont have a tag but will definitely get one for next time. Wifey struggled at one peage station and dropped her credit card. Couldn't open the door far enough to get out so I nudged forward almost touching the barrier. Stress levels were rising rapidly as there was a massive queue behind us as well 🫣.

Feb 8, 2023
Rainhill
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 Sun Ti
Exp
moho since 2012
We are recently back from 3 weeks in France and used toll roads on our return leg from La Rochelle to Dieppe. We dont have a tag but will definitely get one for next time. Wifey struggled at one peage station and dropped her credit card. Couldn't open the door far enough to get out so I nudged forward almost touching the barrier. Stress levels were rising rapidly as there was a massive queue behind us as well 🫣.
it will deffo change you're hols, and save your marriage:LOL:

Nov 28, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SLB
I have both Tags, one for France and the other (Bip&Go) for Spain and Portugal. I pay for them through Emovis and find the ease of paying on account through direct debit fantastic. Emovis even remind you when the batteries are about to run out and it’s easy to renew the tags when they do need changing. The added benefit is sailing past the idiots who have passed you at 130kph+ on the carriageway but are stuck in the queue at the toll. Priceless!

Feb 8, 2023
Rainhill
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 Sun Ti
Exp
moho since 2012
same with Bip and Go, reminder sent, sent the old one back, couple of days later a brand spanker arrived, great service.

Dec 31, 2017
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Mango is now Fulli. See my post #93 for the link to the special offer on at the moment.

Used in Italy and France recently and drive straight through the 30 kph lane without stopping.
Thanks Orion
just signed up to the special offer at Fulli, it looks really good so thanks for this
for others you have to remember to enter “Royame Uni” as there is no option for UK
Just trying to find my customer number so I can set up the web page

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
I have a Vinci/Ulys tag and when we changed Moho I emptied everything out then couldn't remember where I'd put the Tag. Paid €10 for a replacement and promptly found the original. 12 months later I recd an email from Ulys telling me as I hadn't used the Tag I'd be charged Admin of €10 unless I used it within the next two months or returned it. A reminder email arrd a month before the deadline so I sent it back, no charge raised. To any new users - when I got my first one I waved it at the barrier and nothing happened. After several attempts I pressed the Help button and was told to turn it round. It worked instantly. It's now stuck to the windscreen and works perfectly every time. 🤞👍😄

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Checked the cost on my Mango roll and a 53 mile journey was £14.90 we are 7.5t and I just said class 2 when stopped and we have been charged the class 2.

Aug 16, 2014
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail GF70
Exp
since 1993
Checked the cost on my Mango roll and a 53 mile journey was £14.90 we are 7.5t and I just said class 2 when stopped and we have been charged the class 2.
Think they pick on the height and not the weight to hit you with class 3. That's what happened to use and we were only 3.5t at the time but 3.1mtrs high.

Aug 12, 2018
Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096f
Exp
Since 2014
Good Morning All.

Bob
Just ordered ours, should be here this week… Go for it

Gillygrim

Free Member
Apr 24, 2016
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534
Exp
Since 2005
I've just been reading about the new system to be introduced eventually on all toll roads in France. It's called Free Flow and works by ANPR meaning no barriers and no delays. Sounds good - BUT - if you don't have a Toll Tag (which takes payment automatically by DD) you have a limited time in which to pay the toll online. This starts at 3 days after which an excess charge of €10 is made. This gradually goes up to €7,500 for continued non payment for a year ! Get your Tag now !!!!

Jun 24, 2023
Dunstable, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 02
Exp
2002 to 2010 the 2021 to now
Good Morning All.

Bob
search for Emovis.com and get Sanef toll tag, company has office in Harrogate. I got mine with them 5 years ago, makes life easier.

bugcab

Free Member
May 6, 2021
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou 675
Anyone aware of a single solution for France and Spain large mo-ho (Cat 3 I think - 7.5t 3.5m tall).

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back