is this slot on the side of the Avtex TVs that accommodates the CI CARD

IMG_0910.jpeg

jer

Free Member
Apr 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
burstner
I use an 85 cm dish and can get astra down as far as Pamplona but that's about it. Most of our time is spent on the Spanish coast so I'm looking for an alternative to Intelsat for there. I've tried to open an account with Kabelio but it won't allow it. I think it knows I'm on a UK IP address?? I wondered if I tried with a VPN such as Nord, with a Swiss IP to register and as you say just get any old address from Google maps. Bit naughty maybe:unsure:?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jer

Free Member
Apr 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
burstner
I too looked at them on Amazon but you need to register with Kabelio to activate card. I might order one and try it and maybe waste Ā£57 though:cry:

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I use an 85 cm dish and can get astra down as far as Pamplona but that's about it. Most of our time is spent on the Spanish coast so I'm looking for an alternative to Intelsat for there. I've tried to open an account with Kabelio but it won't allow it. I think it knows I'm on a UK IP address?? I wondered if I tried with a VPN such as Nord, with a Swiss IP to register and as you say just get any old address from Google maps. Bit naughty maybe:unsure:?
Try here this company supply to uk addresses for Ā£109
www.satshop.uk

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Do you have SKY tv at home via satellite?

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Not quite, neighbouring sats don't knock out weaker signals unless the signal is minuscule in the first instance and therefore not practically receivable, sats generally have a 2 degree + spacing to avoid any overspill on small dishes. And unless I am missing some info the closest transmission to the Satback service @ 11043V (North Sea Spot beam) is 11117V Europe & Middle East Beam. No way will that signal affect the satback service.
As I said I respectfully disagree with you and the proof of the reception pudding will be the reception (or lack of) inside and outside of the claimed footprint.
I think you have been missing some information. Someone else on another forum has confirmed the exact frequency on 15W causing issues with the new satback frequency. Frequency 11014 V is active on 15W for "unspecified data services" - it is not listed on many of the listings sites. It has a very large bandwidth (95 MHz), which means that it covers up the whole range between 10967 and 11061, which includes 11043.

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Kabelio looks a great option, I tried to take out the years subscription with my VPN on, but failed at the first hurdle. The first line of information is the Kabelio CI Module number. Itā€™s incredible that we as British citizens need to go through this carry on buying another countries module to watch our own TV which we fund via our license fee.
Who is going to be the person who buys the first one? If I were staying in Spain I would have bought one, but we are back in France tomorrow heading further North so shall be back on Astra 2. Starlink was also playing up today šŸ™„

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
I think you have been missing some information. Someone else on another forum has confirmed the exact frequency on 15W causing issues with the new satback frequency. Frequency 11014 V is active on 15W for "unspecified data services" - it is not listed on many of the listings sites. It has a very large bandwidth (95 MHz), which means that it covers up the whole range between 10967 and 11061, which includes 11043.
Thanks for the info, will fire up the spectrum and have a look when the gale stops. 95 MHZ is not normally found in KU band stuff as you know so maybe something new going on or misunderstood readings. Telstar quote 52 x KU band 36MHZ transponders on board so who knows....

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Itā€™s incredible that we as British citizens need to go through this carry on buying another countries module to watch our own TV which we fund via our license fee.
That's "nail on the head" stuff there Stewart. I wholeheartedly agree with you. It's not rocket science to issue a unique pin code to each TV licence payer, which could allow them access globally. :doh:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
stewartwebr

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Out of interest what was up with the Starlink?
Not too sure, it dropped out twice. All back up and running with no issues this morning. We were close to trees which were blowing in the wind so may have been that.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Not too sure, it dropped out twice. All back up and running with no issues this morning. We were close to trees which were blowing in the wind so may have been that.
Ah ok, thought it might be something like that as long as its working now. (y) (y)

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
The wind and rain finally stopped today so I went out with the dish. Found Telstar OK but also found a transponder on 14w is very close to the frequency for Satback so easy to get on the wrong bird.
Signal level seems low but it got better when I tweaked the dish a bit. Sorry for the poor pic of the screen but it is a very old CRT that doesn't want its picture taken. Behind the lines is a transponder spike.
Had it working for a while then I seem to have buggered up the Biss codes so clearly out of practice!
So in summary ... we don't know how strong it is till we go travelling South but it is definitely there on 15W.
Cheers.

20240408_164153.jpg

20240408_152526.jpg

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
The wind and rain finally stopped today so I went out with the dish. Found Telstar OK but also found a transponder on 14w is very close to the frequency for Satback so easy to get on the wrong bird.
Signal level seems low but it got better when I tweaked the dish a bit. Sorry for the poor pic of the screen but it is a very old CRT that doesn't want its picture taken. Behind the lines is a transponder spike.
Had it working for a while then I seem to have buggered up the Biss codes so clearly out of practice!
So in summary ... we don't know how strong it is till we go travelling South but it is definitely there on 15W.
Cheers.

View attachment 883770

View attachment 883771
So in short if you point your dish to 15w with my box set up as it was for Intelsat 901 it will work?

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
So in short if you point your dish to 15w with my box set up as it was for Intelsat 901 it will work?
I don't know is the honest answer. Depending on the receiver you use and how the BISS codes are stored.
My box is an old Icecrypt 1600 unit that is not the easiest to update now as no support for it and editing the codes is a challenge. As I said I buggered it up as it was working and now I have lost the BISS codes. If you are in the footprint for Telstar North beam, can align your dish to receive it, can tune the box into the transmission & can enter the current BISS codes on your receiver then yes it should work.
Sorry but work in progress for me atm.
I have asked for an update on my van sat system to align to 15 West, this will be easier than setting a dish up on the drive and therefore better for messing around with the codes etc.Should know tmrw if an update is available.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back