LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
It was my vision of hell for 40 odd years, when spouting off to an uncultured scouser mate of mine (Steve and Denise ) who went often, he said “Have you ever been, cos if you haven’t, shut the feck up till you have” as it happens we had a Ryanair voucher that had to be used promptly, mates of ours were there so, the week before Christmas we jumped a flight after booking an all in deal for a week and had an absolute ball, fights, prostitutes, free beer, uncultured scousers and jocks, chip butties and outspoken, hypocritical geordies ;) and that was just the first day, it’s a great place, we went back in the moho a few years ago and again, had a brill time, however, I have to say after three weeks I was done for and carried on around Spain.
Would I go back, most definitely, Benidorm is not just for Christmas you know(y):drinks:

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
which route ? I see a couple of sailings have been cancelled !

How was your crossing ?

We were booked on the Bilbao ferry Thursday evening,but that was cancelled . So after spending the night at the Brittany Ferries entrance we were rescheduled on the Santander ferry Friday evening.
The crossing was a bit choppy especially half way thru the voyage,but generally ok (y)

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
From this thread it looks as if the people who don't like it , have passed through or been there three hours, it's just impossible to judge any town on that, small town, big town you can't really say anything about it after such a short stay.
Perfect assesment as I was one of those once

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
It was fairly rough,you just had to be careful to hang on to something while walking around.
It was only a third full apparantly as you had the option to cancel if you wanted to.
Our friends were on it too, they said they were told to stay in their cabin.
They are regulars but she said it was the worst crossing ever , probably didn’t help that they were up in the commodore cabins.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Our friends were on it too, they said they were told to stay in their cabin.
They are regulars but she said it was the worst crossing ever , probably didn’t help that they were up in the commodore cabins.

My wife isn’t good on ferrys,so stayed in the cabin. I didn’t hear anything about having to stay in your cabin,but I wasnt in commodore class.
The restaurants we’re all open,and the bars were open as watched the rugby last night.:(

There were a lot of sick bags available,and the poor cleaners had a job swilling the loos out :eek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That's a no from us.. not our type of destination .. my vision of hell

It's a "Marmite" place..

benidorm GIF by vrt
Me neither Jim, not my cup of tea, however after a number of visits now I absolutely love the place. What is there to dislike.:love:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I'm a miserable bugger and have once spent a week in Beni which I thoroughly enjoyed. Swmbo won't hear of going there though, a shame I think.
Oddly she went there about 30 years ago and liked it. She has assumed it has changed, possibly because she watches a lot of TV.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
From this thread it looks as if the people who don't like it , have passed through or been there three hours, it's just impossible to judge any town on that, small town, big town you can't really say anything about it after such a short stay.
I 100% agree, I really do think it’s bad info to dismiss anywhere after 3/4hours or 30 odd years ago.

We met a couple 2 years ago in Benidorm, i’d worked with Frank for 20 years at the pit we were at and not seen each other for 30 years. His wife actually told us she’d been putting people off Benidorm for nearly 40 years even though she’d never been.

They joined us for the week they were there and absolutely loved it, even asking if we’d be there the following year and saying they would love to come back and join us. Sadly Frank died later that year so he’ll never see it again but i’d like to think he’d loved his last holiday.

Benidorm is great if you give it a chance 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2016
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 1982
Our first time January of this year loved it but never went in any bars on the strip as such although did have a walk along there and into old town, head the opposite direction to Albir/Altea lots of nice places and culture, we liked it so much we are going back in January 🙂
Booked Villasol, see you there. Rogcar

Dec 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
I think the best answer to the question 'if you don't like Benidrom' is to 'Go the the next bay north'. Very french chic (and much more expensive). Both have their own appeal. I can do only a short time in either as I prefer something active, but thats just me.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We met up for a drink with my nephew the other week. My wife was driving so before we left, we sat on one of the quieter sea front bars for a last drink.

Watched the sun go down

A Spanish Brandy
An Americano Coffee and
A cortado

£5.80

What’s not to like ?

0912109D-DE2D-4F30-88B8-4FAB2C63F747.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019
Stratford upon Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis 504
Exp
Since 2001
Went to Beni a few weeks ago with some lecturer colleagues from work, had a great time! Four days of entertainment and, well, drinking. Couldn’t spend more than 4 days there though! I was totally knackered when we got back!!
Probably one of the worst places I've been to. Tried it and did not get the T-shirt. Never again

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I think if I lived in a big city, I would probably be glad to go to Beni, just to look at the sea, lovely beach , and promenade, We have stayed at a hotel on the seafront there not keen on some of beer swilling loud bars ( that's being polite) , mainly enjoyed it, would I go again no , but, everyone to their own.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
My first holiday abroad in 1971 stayed in Rio Park hotel never been back but driven passed on way to Moraira tons of times over the years. We were a party of 4 girls from Edinburgh we met boys from somewhere in England my lumber was Lesley I had the feeling he had a girl back home.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Well ,this is the third time we have been here this year,and it just gets better imo. It’s got everything,loud bars,quiet bars, live music to everyone’s taste, every type of food to suit most people. And it has a lovely promenade and beach .
And the climate this week has been near perfect for nearly November,between 22 and 25 degrees,and it’s even been very mild in the evenings .
Whats not to like 👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back