Good movies you've watched, please add more. (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Sorry if I've already said it but DON'T LOOK NOW with Donald Sutherland (heart) and Julie Christie.

One of the sexiest love scenes ever.... realistic love.

Plot was good too. :)
oooh need to look that one up (y) Julie Christie beautiful and Donald Sutherland was Lush. (used to watch all these old movies with my mum when she sick with cancer) You have also reminded me of the film Dr Zhivago, watched it recently for the 3rd time but this time round I thought he was a selfish git, who wanted it both ways. See Mum, I have matured. I don't see romance in everything anymore :giggle:

Gina

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ginam Gina, PLEASE watch that film and let me know what you think. Bit slow and dark at times but overall really good. X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Ginam Gina, PLEASE watch that film and let me know what you think. Bit slow and dark at times but overall really good. X
Got it on Amazon Prime, just watched the first 10 mins and I am shocked, never seen Donald Sutherland with brown hair. I thought he was sexy with grey hair!! anyway, power cuts here tonight so will watch again tomorrow. He has just found his daughter dead in the lake, dressed all in red. Hoping I can just about talk to people I like online before power goes off again. Oh the joys of living in a rural village.

Gina

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just watched on BBC2 "Salmon Fishing In Yemon" Ewan McGregor & Emily Blunt, really enjoyed it(y) Romantic & Comedic film that didnt disappoint. I just Luv Emily Blunt, would run away with her in a heartbeat!, if only :blusher:
As for the original "postman only rings Twice" it was one of those films that that stays with you for life as a teenage boy with Jack Nicholson & Jessica Lange.:hot: It really was ahead of its time for me so I don't want to spoil the memory wit a sequel even if Donald Sutherland is in it.
Just like "One flew over the Cuckoos nest" would you even consider watching a re-make?
LES

Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
First chance I get. Thank you (y)

Watched it tonight. Brilliant. Sex scene was good, not just a one night bonk !! But what a good plot. Agree it was a bit slow at times. But excellent movie. Thank you.

movan

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Kate Winslet in Ammonite, again, you'll need to be broad minded, lots of nudity, but the story line carries it well.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Suffragette is a story based in truth & show the fight that women suffered just be known as equals (which of course they are).
Gritty viewing, but IMHO well worthwhile.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
My Grandad and Dad were projectionists and later had an audiovisual business. There were some old black and white films in the store that they used to let me show to my mates. My favourites were the Will Hay films.
I still have some videos we bough for my Dads birthday meany years ago.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
We've watched some great thrillers but tonight we watch a film called "I Came By" it's a Netflix movie & gripped us from the opening sequence. Have a look at the trailer, the film stars Hugh Bonneville so it's British too.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We've watched some great thrillers but tonight we watch a film called "I Came By" it's a Netflix movie & gripped us from the opening sequence. Have a look at the trailer, the film stars Hugh Bonneville so it's British too.
I 2nd that, I can't remember the last time a film made me jump, but this one did.
It was excellent from start to finish.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Classic choice ... a few good men
Brilliant storyline , funny and very clever.

Recent watches , the pianist, the book theif, the mule, the privilege,

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I am not taking any more tips from Robert ambulancekidd, well not until I can make myself ever forget or unsee, The Elephant Herd Sketch in The Brothers Grimsby.!o_Oo_O
Who in their right minds could even dream up such a thing!:eek:
Brilliant, just Brilliant Film!. Or maybe more appropriate, should I use the twenty something audience expression that the scene was rather than Good..... just "Well Sick" :LOL:
LES

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
I am not taking any more tips from Robert ambulancekidd, well not until I can make myself ever forget or unsee, The Elephant Herd Sketch in The Brothers Grimsby.!o_Oo_O
Who in their right minds could even dream up such a thing!:eek:
Brilliant, just Brilliant Film!. Or maybe more appropriate, should I use the twenty something audience expression that the scene was rather than Good..... just "Well Sick" :LOL:
LES
Well, Les did you expect it to be an easy-going sensible film if I'd recommended it? It's a crazy film, but utterly hilarious.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Really enjoyed ‘Banshees of Inishiran’.

Same director as ‘In Bruges’ Martin McDonagh and stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Wonderful Irish scenery too and a story of lost friendship that is moving, at times laugh out loud funny, with some violence that is shocking.

Sounds like some weddings I’ve been to! 🙂

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Really enjoyed ‘Banshees of Inishiran’.

Same director as ‘In Bruges’ Martin McDonagh and stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Wonderful Irish scenery too and a story of lost friendship that is moving, at times laugh out loud funny, with some violence that is shocking.

Sounds like some weddings I’ve been to! 🙂
Whats it on please.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
'The Good Nurse' on Netflix is excellent.

Based on a true story it stars Jessica Chastain as a nurse who fights to find out why so many patients are dying unexpectedly in the hospital where she works.

She, quite rightly, is getting a lot of praise for her role but in my view Eddie Redmayne makes this film, I thought he was top class especially in scenes where he was forced to confront his past.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Richard Jewell. A film based on a real incident. Directed by Clint Eastwood. Fabulous movie.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back