IMG_2586.png

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
We too never use the toll roads in Austria.
Lenny, which route would you use say from Munich to Bolzano? Tried it years ago in a Buerstner 747, but in the end went over the Brenner and got a Go Box.

Upvote 0

Roby2008

Free Member
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
If your m/home has a car vignette now I don't see how it will change unless you intend to upgrade your m/home to 3500+ in which case you would have had to pay it anyway.
Exactly, I couldn't take advantage of the licence upgrade as it would take me over the arbitrary limit of 3500 and into a much higher toll scheme, it would save me the cost of re-taking a C1 but that's all, the increase to the annual running cost of the MH makes it not worth it..

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
It is a pity that the article quoted in the OP written by IBEX insurance did not quote what the EU Parliament actually passed. The article is about as useless as 'the man down the pub told me'.

How this thread drifted from what tolls were charged on vehicles using the road to what licence the driver has, is a mystery to me. Who has ever been asked to show a licence at a toll booth? Or when buying a carnet etc.

This is the stuff they are looking to bring into EU law. Motorcaravan weights are discussed at proposal 83. Enormous amount of potential changes, including health checks for certain licence groups.

Attachments

• Texts adopted - Driving licences - Wednesday, 28 February 2024.pdf
    429.8 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0
Apr 5, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
This is the stuff they are looking to bring into EU law. Motorcaravan weights are discussed at proposal 83. Enormous amount of potential changes, including health checks for certain licence groups.
Do you have the proposal nos. for the medical checks ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Roby2008

Free Member
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
Lenny, which route would you use say from Munich to Bolzano? Tried it years ago in a Buerstner 747, but in the end went over the Brenner and got a Go Box.
You could go over Kufstein, Kitzbul, Felbertauern and turn right at Lienz and along to Bolzano, you will still have a toll though, every route over the mountains has a charge.....I use this way when I have the time, it is pretty...

Autobahn A8 from Munich, then just past Rosenheim ( wave as you go past)take the Inntal autobahn to Kuftstein ........ However if you come off at Niederndorf before Kufstein, there is cheaper diesel and you can take an even more scenic route to Kitzbuhl, we are 7m and do this, so 7.5 m is no problem.....

Upvote 0

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
C1 also increased to 8250, but after 3 years, and alternatively fuelled vehicles only , so presumably only EVs / Hydrogen etc.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back