BBQ season. Gas, electric or charcoal? (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
1000030377.jpg
1000030375.jpg

Still available for £19 HERE.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Like charcoal ones but not practical for us in the van.
We have the same one as Not to bad to clean as there is water in the base to help with cleaning +
use an oven liner on the top then when finished cooking simple to clean.
We recently bought one of these:

Broken Link Removed

Not used in anger yet - although that will be rectified over Easter. I was pretty impressed with it as I unboxed and it came in a bit cheaper than the Cadac.

As it is a gas grill, I am going to try liquid smoke (bought from Amazon) to try and replicate the bbq taste. I'll post again once we've cooked on it !

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Like charcoal ones but not practical for us in the van.
We have the same one as Not to bad to clean as there is water in the base to help with cleaning +
use an oven liner on the top then when finished cooking simple to clean.

Do you put water in the base before lighting?
That's a good idea as the water would be hot to clean the stainless steel drip base.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
That's a good idea as the water would be hot to clean the stainless steel drip base.
Water does not get hot but collects the fat dripping from the food
& yes put water in before its lit plus if you put the oven liner on the top stainless steel drip base stays clean.
Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The Party Grill 400 is a powerful and versatile stove that offers campers the choice of 5 different cooking surfaces, perfect for use at the campsite, weekends away or picnics. Ideal for cooking a wide range of dishes, the Party Grill 400 enables users to choose between pan cooking, barbecuing on the cooking grid, a reversible grill and griddle plate and the lid even doubles up as a wok for making tasty noodle dishes. Lighting the stove is quick and easy in all weather thanks to the piezo ignition while an integrated water compartment collects fat for easy cleaning after use. The Party Grill 400 is ultra-portable thanks to its lockable lid and it also comes with a handy carry bag. The Party Grill 400 CV is powered by our compact and portable CV300+ and CV470+ gas cartridges for ultimate convenience.

Sep 6, 2023
France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ever since late 2023

Broken Link Removed

Not used in anger yet - although that will be rectified over Easter. I was pretty impressed with it as I unboxed and it came in a bit cheaper than the Cadac.

As it is a gas grill, I am going to try liquid smoke (bought from Amazon) to try and replicate the bbq taste. I'll post again once we've cooked on it !
I bought one of those - bloody brilliant.
Ideal for a motor home where you don't want to stink out the interior cooking fish or a steak.
The griddle gets up to a high heat which is ideal for steaks and the flat reverse side is perfect for fish.
Any muck ends up in the water ring which makes cleaning very simple.

Also a useful back up since it will also take any pan or kettle or frying pan.

Sep 6, 2023
France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ever since late 2023

Broken Link Removed

I have bought one of those - absolutely brilliant.
Ideal for cooking fish (on the flat plate) without stinking out the vehicle.
Excellent for steaks on the griddle side - gets very hot for a good sear.
And the drips go into the water bath making for easy cleaning.
And it is also an "ordinary" hob burner that any pan or kettle can go on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back