Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
I’m almost scared to ask today, not because I fear for Gerald, but I think someone might have got little or no sleep and may be a touch grumpy ?

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Despite all our efforts I am so sorry to report that Gerald didn't make it, he passed away cuddled up with me on the sofa in the early hours this morning.

As you all know he had been bouncing along fine, but he started taking down turns, fighting back & going down again. We found ways to keep him warm, but it wasn't enough.

This thread has shown me even more how wonderful & compassionate our fellow funsters are.

Gerald was so small, but his heart & spirit was huge and I know his passing is going to cause more tears than just ours to be shed.

Apart from having the privilege of knowing Gerald, I am glad he didn't die cold and alone outside like his sibling did. He was a funny little chap and was without doubt worth all the effort.

Thank you so much for joining the cause to save Gerald, no little mouse has ever known so much love.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Despite all our efforts I am so sorry to report that Gerald didn't make it, he passed away cuddled up with me on the sofa in the early hours this morning.

As you all know he had been bouncing along fine, but he started taking down turns, fighting back & going down again. We found ways to keep him warm, but it wasn't enough.

This thread has shown me even more how wonderful & compassionate our fellow funsters are.

Gerald was so small, but his heart & spirit was huge and I know his passing is going to cause more tears than just ours to be shed.

Aart from having the privilege of knowing Gerald, I am glad he didn't die cold and alone outside like his sibling did. He was a funny little chap and was without doubt worth all the effort.

Thank you so much for joining the cause to save Gerald, no little mouse has ever known so much love.
So sorry to hear that wee Gerald passed away jay has bean following this thread every day i am sure their will be a few teers shed tonight when he comes home from school.
As their is while i type this :crying1: RIP little fella
the wild family and a big softy wildbill:crying1:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
So sorry to read this Hazel?, poor Gerald.

As sadly as this has ended, I absolutely agree that it's shown funsters in their true colours.

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
That's a shame :(. At least he went having known some comfort and care.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Apart from having the privilege of knowing Gerald, I am glad he didn't die cold and alone outside like his sibling did. He was a funny little chap and was without doubt worth all the effort.

Damn it... He was such a fighter too.
RIP Gerald...

Hazel, you went above and beyond mate

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Oh! :cautious: So sorry. Gutted. Sad for you Hazel. Bless you for trying.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh Hazel so much respect for you for trying at least the little fellow went warm and not hungry.
RIP Little Gerald
and a hug for you Hazel, hope you can manage a sleep.

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
That’s such a shame. Must be heartbreaking for you after all the love and devotion you poured on him. Hope you are ok ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
On a lighter note ( and no disrespect to the dead)

I guess it’s most men’s dream to spend their last night in or near a warm cleavage

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back