Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I hope Gerald is ok, sometimes wild animals just give up or an infection can rear its ugly head.
You are doing a good job and I’ve got all my fingers & toes crossed for you-it’s going to be agony going for a walk later!!!:LOL:

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
He is not looking good this morning, when I have finished typing this update I will try him with his milk again.
We are very worried about him, please continue to send your wonderful funster love for this tiny little life, he deserves a chance.

I am politely asking you to stay off Gerald's thread after a badly timed & stupid comment like that, please don't reply because you will be forcing me to break the rules if you do.:mad::swear:
Save the life of a bird, feed the mouse to a cat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Some brighter news about wee Gerald, he's showing more interest in his food & looking a bit brighter than he was an hour ago.

Hazel has sat up every night since he arrived here & her compassion for this kind of rescue is boundless, it's wonderful to see a human being trying so hard for a wee creature that most of us would overlook.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Any mice we have are fed with sultanas, they fit nice and snug in the
snappers, (food dispensers).

Not many seem to get eaten though, SNAP

:rofl:

Last edited:

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Save the life of a bird, feed the mouse to a cat.

Bit of a myth really, cats catch many more mice and rats than birds, and usually only get the odd slower birds. The big bird killer tends to be Bayer/Monsanto with pesticides killing off and contaminating the food source of insects, and destruction of hedges and trees where they need to nest (habitat loss).

Glad the field mouse is doing well, they are very pretty. I've rescued a few, one of my cats used to bring them in alive and then got bored, more than once I'd be watching a film and out of the corner of my eye see a mouse wander past! Then it was a case of using a humane trap to catch them so my other cat didn't wipe them out, he was a real mouse hunter and rat catcher!!

Then I'd search out a cat free zone that looked as though it would suit them and rehome them.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
This is our favourite thread on here at the moment and joining our positive thoughts to all the others. Go Gerald!!

We've been observing a mousy that's visiting one of our squirrel-proof bird feeders. It's stocked with bird seed and mealworms, maybe Gerald might be tempted by a mealworm or two? Or perhaps he's not ready for that yet, I know nothing about raising meeces.

Well done to you and really hope your efforts pay off.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
He's had another bit of a wobble, he was laying on his side & felt a bit cold, so he is wrapped up in kitchen paper on my chest.
I'm going to make him a hot water bottle to lay in his box just to help peep him up.
The good sign is that my chest is rustling.... ?
It MIGHT be he needs to be about body temperature.. Maybe he is too young to maintain his own body heat ?
He always seems to perk up snuggled in your hand same as he has done agin you body Hazel

Last edited:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
It MIGHT be he needs to be about body temperature.. Maybe he is too young to maintain his own body heat ?
He always seems to perk up snuggled in your hand same as he has done agin you body Hazel

Me thinks your right about his body heat.
We popped a bottle of hot water into his bed & when Hazel was out I looked in, he was fast asleep on top of the bottle!!
If that's not a vote of approval from Gerald, I don't know what is.

He's still fighting & has amazed us with his sheer tenacity.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Yes....we are keeping a bottle of really warm/hot water underneath him, the wee soul.
I am scared that we are going to lose him though.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Don’t be sad if you fall asleep and he gets squashed, you’ve done your very best.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back