Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays (1 Viewer)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything

May 29, 2021
Kotka, Finland
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van
After three years, three months and 15 days I saw it! It really exists!

20240503_160524.jpg

20240503_161920.jpg

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I now have a Series 9 Malibu Van in my possession and it was well worth the wait. The virtues of the 9 Speed auto have been sung by many others but it really is a dream compared to the Comfortmatic. It is also far better than the Mercedes torque converter auto I had on my 2015 Hymer. The new 2184cc Fiat engine runs very nicely too. The instrument cluster is a vast improvement, even with the smaller 3.5” display. Large clear digital speed can be read at a glance. Another notable improvement over my 2019 Ducato is the cruise control, it shows the selected cruising speed and briefly drifts no more than 1 MPH above and below the set figure, unlike the previous one that drifted wildly.

New engine, different gearbox and new instrument cluster. Great improvements. May you all get your new Fiats Ducatos soon.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
I now have a Series 9 Malibu Van in my possession and it was well worth the wait. The virtues of the 9 Speed auto have been sung by many others but it really is a dream compared to the Comfortmatic. It is also far better than the Mercedes torque converter auto I had on my 2015 Hymer. The new 2184cc Fiat engine runs very nicely too. The instrument cluster is a vast improvement, even with the smaller 3.5” display. Large clear digital speed can be read at a glance. Another notable improvement over my 2019 Ducato is the cruise control, it shows the selected cruising speed and briefly drifts no more than 1 MPH above and below the set figure, unlike the previous one that drifted wildly.

New engine, different gearbox and new instrument cluster. Great improvements. May you all get your new Fiats Ducatos soon.
Any chance of you posting some photo's of your van so I can drool over them.

Great result with the 9 speed. The way it's going for me, it'll probably be the series 10. Who Knows?, that new 8 speed could be really good too. Fingers crossed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Any chance of you posting some photo's of your van so I can drool over them.

Great result with the 9 speed. The way it's going for me, it'll probably be the series 10. Who Knows?, that new 8 speed could be really good too. Fingers crossed.
This is one I took of it in the dealers yard before it was registered. Please drool.
IMG_2725.jpeg

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016

Friday for us. I never use cruise control as I can't work it🤣🤣

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
it shows the selected cruising speed and briefly drifts no more than 1 MPH above and below the set figure, unlike the previous one that drifted wildly.
That is good to know, I found the one on our last van on the light chassis was just about useable but on our current van on the Maxi chassis it's unusable except for flat roads with no inclines.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
This is one I took of it in the dealers yard before it was registered. Please drool.View attachment 896466
She's a little beauty. (He says, wiping his mouth🤤). Iron grey too, my favourite.

Are you getting any extras put on?. I was thinking of taking the gas hob out (when I get mine) and getting a Webasto diesel hob. I did some research and it looks like a good fit on the worktop but the casing underneath seems to big. Like 10cm too big.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
She's a little beauty. (He says, wiping his mouth🤤). Iron grey too, my favourite.

Are you getting any extras put on?. I was thinking of taking the gas hob out (when I get mine) and getting a Webasto diesel hob. I did some research and it looks like a good fit on the worktop but the casing underneath seems to big. Like 10cm too big.
I will swap the heavy gel batteries for LiFePO4 and boost the alternator charging with a Victron Orion XS. I will probably also fit my existing Victron inverter.

Upvote 1

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nice one Lenny, been a long time coming. Time to get excited 😎🎊🎊🎉🎉👍
Don't normally get excited about a new van but having waited nearly two years, I'm almost excited. :LOL:

Upvote 0
Mar 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Ooh might call our dealer tomorrow for an update
We are waiting on a 9 speed Sunlight Cliff, just over a year now, enjoy your new vehicles 😊

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Our new carthago we got yesterday was ordered in February 2021and we picked it up at NEC in October so a shortish wait for us.

Pleased with van and the work dealer has done, 400w solar on roof bit overkill for the 85ah gel but will pop my 205ah lithium in when we get home as giving it a 10 day trial now.

Spent night at dealers and apart from running out of water, setting the alarm off and not being able to close the grey waste (very stiff) all seems to be working OK. Off to falcon for mifi aerial and router install on Monday so a free night or 2 on their site.

Few pictures of the van I took when we looked at it 3 weeks ago, will get some of the solar install when I get home and get me ladders out.
1000014578.jpg
1000014576.jpg
1000014572.jpg
1000014572.jpg
1000014574.jpg
1000014573.jpg

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Our new carthago we got yesterday was ordered in February 2021and we picked it up at NEC in October so a shortish wait for us.

Pleased with van and the work dealer has done, 400w solar on roof bit overkill for the 85ah gel but will pop my 205ah lithium in when we get home as giving it a 10 day trial now.

Spent night at dealers and apart from running out of water, setting the alarm off and not being able to close the grey waste (very stiff) all seems to be working OK. Off to falcon for mifi aerial and router install on Monday so a free night or 2 on their site.

Few pictures of the van I took when we looked at it 3 weeks ago, will get some of the solar install when I get home and get me ladders out.View attachment 898474View attachment 898475View attachment 898476View attachment 898478View attachment 898479View attachment 898480
And here's the solar install.
20240520_091213.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back