Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays (2 Viewers)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Jeez Lenny, how do you cope 😩🤷‍♂️
Not too badly as we planed not have a winter/spring trip to get some work done on the house. Our van is down at Simon's at the moment but could go and get if we really wanted to use it.
Just hope it doesn't go out any further and we get it by June. Will probably have to use as it comes then find some time to do all the mods needed.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Our Compactline has just gone back another month, now build date wek 20 mid May.
Hi Lenny, when did you order it?. I was going to phone Edwards Motorhomes today and ask if they have heard anything but decided not to. One month isn't a long time compared to the lengthy times people are waiting for their vans. I'm confident they'll let me know when things start progressing.
I'm just wondering if I'll get the series 10 and an 8 speed box.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny, when did you order it?.
My original order got cancelled this one was one a dealer had a cancellation on but kept it on order. I think it was ordered Oct 2022. At least I'm getting it at 2022 prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
My original order got cancelled this one was one a dealer had a cancellation on but kept it on order. I think it was ordered Oct 2022. At least I'm getting it at 2022 prices.
Wow, what’s the hold up Lenny. Sorry if you’ve explained this before, but I’ve not seen this thread I don’t think. 🤔

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Nice. Mines not price fixed, but could possibly be next NEC show if Malibu say yes.
I did a crafty little move though. I decided to put the full van price into a high interest account for one year while I'm waiting, which will net me nearly £5k. That will help with any price rises if any. If not it will go on my ever growing list of retro fit extras.

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Fiat Chassis, unfortunately they can't built the Compactline on a Merc.
Unfortunally I've had to take a RHD or wait another year for LHD.
Crikey, what a mess it all is atm. We have been told that we have a couple of months delay on our new Merc based van. I suspect though it will be more than that somehow what with all the stories we are hearing atm. 😬😩

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Crikey, what a mess it all is atm. We have been told that we have a couple of months delay on our new Merc based van. I suspect though it will be more than that somehow what with all the stories we are hearing atm. 😬😩
You will probably OK with a Merc.

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
Just looked at your Rebellion on their Website. Very nice.
I wanted a Vanworx Maxtraxx but it was too expensive.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Not too badly as we planed not have a winter/spring trip to get some work done on the house. Our van is down at Simon's at the moment but could go and get if we really wanted to use it.
Just hope it doesn't go out any further and we get it by June. Will probably have to use as it comes then find some time to do all the mods needed.
Mid May its likely to be July with 3 or 4 week build then allow 2 weeks shipping, the PDI, registration etc.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Great news! Can I ask you a favour…..can you look at the corrugated pipes for the blown air heating system under the bench seat. When I first saw mine I noticed two holes had been made in these pipes. Assuming it was damaged I mentioned it to the dealer only to be told they’re all like it and Adria make the holes to create some ventilation in that area! I’m sceptical.
Sorry for the late response. I've noticed some holes but only in the section that is supposed to blow some warm air into the fresh water tank area.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Ordered October 2022 from a base chassis pre-order that I was able to configure to my fancy. Van built in June 23 and converted after many delays in early February. Took delivery a few days ago. I now feel I'm not squatting this forum anymore and can finally qualify as a bona fide member!
IMG_2024.jpeg

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Ordered October 2022 from a base chassis pre-order that I was able to configure to my fancy. Van built in June 23 and converted after many delays in early February. Took delivery a few days ago. I now feel I'm not squatting this forum anymore and can finally qualify as a bona fide member!
View attachment 882309
Westfalia? Looks beautiful

Upvote 0
Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
Our Compactline was completed at the factory on 29th February the COC was signed on that day. The van arrived at Premium Motorhomes on 2nd March. The pdi, E&P levelling, alarm system and dealer fitted accessories were all done in time for our collection on 15th March.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Our Compactline was completed at the factory on 29th February the COC was signed on that day. The van arrived at Premium Motorhomes on 2nd March. The pdi, E&P levelling, alarm system and dealer fitted accessories were all done in time for our collection on 15th March.
That was quick, now been told the week 20 is the completion date so that's a bit better.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I have just cancelled my original order for a Malibu Van 640 and bought another brand new one from another dealer that was there waiting on the forecourt following a cancellation. I was a little miffed about my original order, an ever slipping delivery date and then when they had a cancellation they sold it on in days without asking me whether I would like the one with an earlier delivery date. Hence I don’t feel too guilty about cancelling. The new one is close to the specification we wanted but not spot on, however it is in a colour we like unlike the original black one.

Upvote 0
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have just cancelled my original order for a Malibu Van 640 and bought another brand new one from another dealer that was there waiting on the forecourt following a cancellation. I was a little miffed about my original order, an ever slipping delivery date and then when they had a cancellation they sold it on in days without asking me whether I would like the one with an earlier delivery date. Hence I don’t feel too guilty about cancelling. The new one is close to the specification we wanted but not spot on, however it is in a colour we like unlike the original black one.
Do you lose a deposit on it?

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We've been told today that our new PVC is in the factory being built right now. Then again they said it was being built wk50/23, then wk04/24, Then it was built mid-feb but awaiting a part. Turned out it wasn't built, the missing part was the main wiring loom, apparently they are sourced from the Ukraine and Mr Putin's boys had bombed the factory (allegedly).

Not bad considering when we ordered it in August 23, they gave us a handover date of 1st December 23. Now promised before the end of this month!!

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
No we bought an iron grey metallic one from Shrewsbury at less than 100k.
Nice. I've ordered a iron grey 600dbk from Edwards. I think that's the best colour.
Saddened to hear about your dealer not helping you. Great to read that you now have a van. I bet your chuffed you're out of the waiting game.

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Nice. I've ordered a iron grey 600dbk from Edwards. I think that's the best colour.
Saddened to hear about your dealer not helping you. Great to read that you now have a van. I bet your chuffed you're out of the waiting game.
I think the dealer was doing their best, just didn’t manage to join up all the dots. I would go back to them if they had the right van at the right time. I suspect the delays are a real problem for many dealers. Customer patience can run thin with these long manufacturing delays and the dealers are left as piggy in the middle.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2022
Tarragona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
delays are a real problem for many dealers.
I agree. The way the dealer handles the waiting period is key. We were lucky as our dealer was great, though we ordered just before everything escalated with the microchip problems. Was bad for us and for them as they weren't delivering a single van in weeks!

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
I think the dealer was doing their best, just didn’t manage to join up all the dots. I would go back to them if they had the right van at the right time. I suspect the delays are a real problem for many dealers. Customer patience can run thin with these long manufacturing delays and the dealers are left as piggy in the middle.
I've been told it delivery could be at the end of 2025. I've resigned myself to a long wait and be happy I got the van of my choice. I'd rather have the 9 speed than the new 8 speed. Hopefully I'll get a chassis allocation before the 8 speed comes in. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I've been told it delivery could be at the end of 2025. I've resigned myself to a long wait and be happy I got the van of my choice. I'd rather have the 9 speed than the new 8 speed. Hopefully I'll get a chassis allocation before the 8 speed comes in. Fingers crossed.
It should be on your order form what engine and gearbox you are getting.

Upvote 1

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back