Anyone got confirmed news Re Fiat Ducato build delays (3 Viewers)

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I am awaiting a new Adria PVC which should have been here last October but keeps on getting put back on a monthly basis. Now end of June and I don’t believe it will come then if I’m honest. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it finally arrived in 2023!

Trying to get any information of the true delay situation from the manufacturers, let alone information that you can trust to be correct and up to date, I am finding impossible. Nothing on the news for Europe but some in America Re shifts being closed at factories there from 2 to 1 a day, but that is about Stellantis car plants I believe.

The delays all appear to revolve around Stellantis production in Italy at their Sevel plant but still none the wiser as to specifically why. Saying the Pandemic repeatedly does not do it for me now.

I would just like to get some honest understanding of why the monthly delays continue and I think all Fiat based manufacturers are pretty much the same.

I wanted to start this Thread for comments from anyone who has got confirmed news or information, rather than rumours and speculation, although if my experiences are the same as others no one will be able to confidently add an update, but here goes 👍🏻

Regards in advance if anyone can add anything

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I appreciate that if you want something specific the lead time might be long. However if you look on Autotrader it’s surprising how many Carthagos are available for immediate delivery particularly for the high end models. It’s the same for Frankia and Burstner. I’m not sure what this indicates but it’s different to the last few years.
It would seem to indicate to me that with the way prices have risen people are opting for cheaper brands.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Getting seriously hacked off with Adria. Delivery to dealer should have been over 2 weeks ago for our van. The dealer is also pulling his hair out trying to find out where it is. We have the chassis number, it's been despatched from the factory, probably sitting at the docks somewhere. The dealer has been excellent and has an excellent reputation and I think they are as hacked off with Adria as we are. Used to be that the dealership knew which days to the hour deliveries would turn up, now it's completely random. It's poor service by Adria given the amount of money we are spending. Ordered October 2022 at NEC.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Crazy times indeed. But if after everything, and all, the van has arrived, more crazy would be if it gets lost in UK🤪
You're almost there, though👍
Cheers! Dealer has been ear bending Adria UK and has told it's at Harwich. Probably stuck behind a load of other vehicles! If nothing much happens soon a snotagram to Adria UK MD might be in order.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Cheers! Dealer has been ear bending Adria UK and has told it's at Harwich. Probably stuck behind a load of other vehicles! If nothing much happens soon a snotagram to Adria UK MD might be in order.

Adria Twin SLB ordered last March arrived at the UK dealer today. The dealer recently said they’d been invoiced by Adria and that was a sure sign it had been built. A week or so later and it’s here. Collection arranged for early March.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
Adria Twin SLB ordered last March arrived at the UK dealer today. The dealer recently said they’d been invoiced by Adria and that was a sure sign it had been built. A week or so later and it’s here. Collection arranged for early March.
11 months is good going for a non stock order! I presume the March collection is for the registration plate date letter.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
11 months is good going for a non stock order! I presume the March collection is for the registration plate date letter.

It’s worked out that way, but primarily it’s time to prep the van and fit various accessories. They seem very busy, 6 March was the earliest date we could agree for the handover.
I’m not sure if it made any difference but initially when we wanted to place an order, the dealer did a deal with another dealer because our preferred colour wasn’t available in their allocation. They swapped a Adria Matrix for an Adria Twin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2021
British South West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
Minimal
It’s worked out that way, but primarily it’s time to prep the van and fit various accessories. They seem very busy, 6 March was the earliest date we could agree for the handover.
I’m not sure if it made any difference but initially when we wanted to place an order, the dealer did a deal with another dealer because our preferred colour wasn’t available in their allocation. They swapped a Adria Matrix for an Adria Twin.
Well, good fortune for you all round I'd say. (y)

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Our Adria Twin SLB (ordered October 22) arrived at dealers yesterday, was due on 17th Jan, but better late than never! Been for a look. The final delivery delay was almost comical, but it's a story for another day! Big thanks to GMB Shrewsbury for chasing things up and being on the ball.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
So, finally got it! 17 months from order. GMC in Shrewsbury have been excellent throughout. Adria not quite as dependable!
390A11AA-9405-44ED-8658-775E166E2769_1_201_a.jpeg

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
So, finally got it! 17 months from order. GMC in Shrewsbury have been excellent throughout. Adria not quite as dependable!View attachment 871466

Great news! Can I ask you a favour…..can you look at the corrugated pipes for the blown air heating system under the bench seat. When I first saw mine I noticed two holes had been made in these pipes. Assuming it was damaged I mentioned it to the dealer only to be told they’re all like it and Adria make the holes to create some ventilation in that area! I’m sceptical.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Great news! Can I ask you a favour…..can you look at the corrugated pipes for the blown air heating system under the bench seat. When I first saw mine I noticed two holes had been made in these pipes. Assuming it was damaged I mentioned it to the dealer only to be told they’re all like it and Adria make the holes to create some ventilation in that area! I’m sceptical.
Our Adria Compact has holes in the heating duct that runs behind the cupboard below the kitchen sink.
I assume it is to let some heat escape to stop the pipes from freezing.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
Our Adria Compact has holes in the heating duct that runs behind the cupboard below the kitchen sink.
I assume it is to let some heat escape to stop the pipes from freezing.

That makes sense but mine isn’t exactly a very professional looking job…. more likely somebody has poked a screwdriver through the duct.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2020
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Westfalia Columbus
Exp
Since March 2024
Yes, that’s how they should be.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cheapskate method of distributing heat to areas. Carthago do it around bedroom areas where as Hymer fit proper outlets.

Upvote 0
Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
I’ll have a look. Is it a Truma 4E?

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Cheapskate method of distributing heat to areas. Carthago do it around bedroom areas where as Hymer fit proper outlets.
We have them round our beds, Julie's side gets toasty but it runs out of air before it gets to me 🤣

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2023
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet.
So, finally got it! 17 months from order. GMC in Shrewsbury have been excellent throughout. Adria not quite as dependable!View attachment 871466
Wow, 17 months. I ordered a Malibu van a month ago. Let's see how long that takes.
Pink Floyd fan I see. Pretty much all I played in my youth. More a Gun's 'n Roses fan now. I went to see them in 2022. Great day out. I wish I'd seen Pink Floyd when my mate asked me. A great opportunity squandered.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back