Another batch of cheap 3 broadband sims. (1 Viewer)

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Tried all day yesterday and all day today. Item is paid on ebay account but nowhere to be found on Paypal. When i try on ebay to get a refund they keep sending me back to the Paypal resolution where they no nothing about the transaction even though it was taking out of my bank account on August 02 and payed into a Paypal account in Luxembourg. Sent loads of emails and phoned paypal and got nowhere.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Mines back in the bank today

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigtree
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Tried all day yesterday and all day today. Item is paid on ebay account but nowhere to be found on Paypal. When i try on ebay to get a refund they keep sending me back to the Paypal resolution where they no nothing about the transaction even though it was taking out of my bank account on August 02 and payed into a Paypal account in Luxembourg. Sent loads of emails and phoned paypal and got nowhere.

You have to raise a request for a refund and after so many days the Resolution Centre will look at your complaint,and as in everyone else's case issue you with a refund.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Requested a refund this morning whilst sat on the loo with my iPad. The refund arrived before I had finished my ablution......

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Requested a refund and got it in full within 35 minutes.
Ebay made me wait for a week after lodging the dispute, (to give the seller a chance to resolve the issue :doh:) despite them knowing that it was a scam anyway. What was that all about??? :swear2:
Anyway, a full refund received within minutes of me escalating the dispute. (y)

I've got two of these 12Gb sims from Three, and have only been using one of them on and off since April, but still have 8.5 GB left on it yet. Based on that usage, I might not need anymore before the new EU roaming rules come into play in 2017. I only got them for use abroad.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ebay made me wait for a week after lodging the dispute, (to give the seller a chance to resolve the issue :doh:) despite them knowing that it was a scam anyway. What was that all about??? :swear2:
Same here - but do they know it is actually a scam? In reality there can be all sorts of reasons and eBay err on the side of trying to be fair to everyone (though, as we have seen with the sat navs, they are not keen to ban sellers). I once bought a book which didn't arrive and it turned out that the seller had died but I got my money back.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Same here - but do they know it is actually a scam? In reality there can be all sorts of reasons and eBay err on the side of trying to be fair to everyone (though, as we have seen with the sat navs, they are not keen to ban sellers). I once bought a book which didn't arrive and it turned out that the seller had died but I got my money back.
Well Graham, @chaser, and @scotjimland had the seller sussed early on, and as it turns out, they were right. For whatever reason, monies were taken, with no goods to supply. :(

Cheers,

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well Graham, @chaser, and @scotjimland had the seller sussed early on, and as it turns out, they were right. For whatever reason, monies were taken, with no goods to supply. :(

Cheers,

I appreciate that Jock but he did supply goods in the past and he is still an eBay member so they haven't banned him for selling non-existent goods. With eBay you never find out the full story unless the seller tells you.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Call him what you like.. scammer, con man, .... but taking money for goods you don't have to sell I call theft.

I first twigged when I asked him why the delay in posting .. the curt reply told me he was a scammer.. he didn't have the sims to sell.. then when I asked for a refund he ignored the message.. that was confirmation

Being refunded doesn't exonerate the seller.. he is still a thief and as such such should be prosecuted.. I have no time for dishonest people..

but won't happen, eBay don't want bad publicity.. it will be swept under the carpet and business as usual ..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Call him what you like.. scammer, con man, .... but taking money for goods you don't have to sell I call theft.

I first twigged when I asked him why the delay in posting .. the curt reply told me he was a scammer.. he didn't have the sims to sell.. then when I asked for a refund he ignored the message.. that was confirmation

Being refunded doesn't exonerate the seller.. he is still a thief and as such such should be prosecuted.. I have no time for dishonest people..

but won't happen, eBay don't want bad publicity.. it will be swept under the carpet and business as usual ..
The only way I know to take it further is to involve Trading Standards or other authorities. When we were in business somebody copied one of our data CDs and sold it as his own work (he also did it with products from other people). After involving Trading Standards he was banned by eBay (but I had to provide evidence that I was in the right and he was in the wrong).

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
E Bay is going down hill fast in my opinion ,just recently i have ordered thing with 48 hr delivery and after purchasing and checking back the date for delivery has moved forward .I have had to ask for refunds due to the sellers being out of stock .I get the opinion that the seller wants your money up front to use to get more stock and the management are aware of it .I have used E Bay for over ten years and the last two years have being very poor.Now taking my trade to Amazon when possible .

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I have a strong feeling the eBay account was hacked, but why try and con people out of £18?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
P.S. got my money back today, wasn't worried that I wouldn't. Had to wait a few days from opening case, but knew that as a regular eBay user.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
E Bay is going down hill fast in my opinion ,just recently i have ordered thing with 48 hr delivery and after purchasing and checking back the date for delivery has moved forward .I have had to ask for refunds due to the sellers being out of stock .I get the opinion that the seller wants your money up front to use to get more stock and the management are aware of it .I have used E Bay for over ten years and the last two years have being very poor.Now taking my trade to Amazon when possible .
Yeah I have had quite a few recently, it says in the list somewhere in England with an English sounding name and says first class post which you assume means almost next day, then as soon as you pay it moves to China and about three weeks wait.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Yeah I have had quite a few recently, it says in the list somewhere in England with an English sounding name and says first class post which you assume means almost next day, then as soon as you pay it moves to China and about three weeks wait.
Always try and check the sellers location, same as Amazon.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
why try and con people out of £18?
times 50 , 60, 100.. comes to a fair few bob

small amounts that mount up..

I also think he was selling to get cash to buy them in batches but somewhere along the line the deal fell through and he was left with a lot of sales he couldn't fulfil..

If I sold something to someone on Fun, then didn't deliver, didn't answer PMs.. would members be happy with Jim refunding ?

you bet they wouldn't be.. and would have me hounded off.. and quite rightly

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What was the exact wording of the 'curt' reply you got?

Also, unless I missed it somewhere, I don't think you ever mentioned that he'd said he didn't have the sims to sell ... did he actually say that or did you assume that?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
What was the exact wording of the 'curt' reply you got?

Also, unless I missed it somewhere, I don't think you ever mentioned that he'd said he didn't have the sims to sell ... did he actually say that or did you assume that?

I posted his reply .. read back the posts .. you must have missed it..

from his reply I assumed he didn't the sims to sell.. why else have a 14 day delivery ?

anyway.. don't understand all this trying to defend a scammer.. he's low life

did you order.. were you scammed.. ?

by the tone of some posts you would think he was an angel.. and the scammed were in the wrong..

that's my last word.. not wasting more time on a scammer

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I posted his reply .. read back the posts .. you must have missed it..

from his reply I assumed he didn't the sims to sell.. why else have a 14 day delivery ?

anyway.. don't understand all this trying to defend a scammer.. he's low life

did you order.. were you scammed.. ?

by the tone of some posts you would think he was an angel.. and the scammed were in the wrong

I've just found the response you're talking about which I now remember reading but I can't say I found it curt:

Had a snotty reply.. but still doesn't explain why it takes so long..

Hi,

The dispatch time of 10 working days was clearly stated on the listing. I'm so sorry if you did not read or fully understand this.

If you do not want to wait, you can request to cancel the order.

Thanks.

Kevin

What I thought I'd missed was where he told you he didn't have the sims but you've now said is was your assumption - if he HAD told you that it would have made quite a difference to subsequent comments and actions I suspect from me and others!

I'm not defending him but you can't say for sure he was a scammer as you have no proof of that - none of us know the reason for the sims not being sent out - whether he had them or not, whether something had happened to him, if his account has been hacked ... we don't know. Its no different to the recent 'misunderstanding' regarding a well known supplier who had problems with his phone/internet connection whilst out of the country and had 'major concerns' flying around about him going out of business which proved to be totally unfounded in the end.

As we didn't receive our sims either hubby did a refund request so we'll get our money back ... if Ebay want to take it further they will but the fact that he's still on Ebay suggests that they know something we don't otherwise I'm sure he would have been de-registered by now if he was truly as 'scammer'.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
you missed this..
Nope I didn't miss it ... it wasn't on your post when I quoted it ... you must have edited it whilst I was replying (see it quoted in my above post which I haven't edited).

Anyway, no point in going over it all again as the refunds seem to be getting done so none of the buyers are losing out.(y)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I asked for a refund today too
e bay said I didn't order one and haven't bought one