You couldn't make it up, disaster trip 2024

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido 803F
Exp
Since 2006
The van is coming home ,my lad and his mate picked it up last night, and are in oradour sur glane today , making a short break of it.
Glad to hear it’s on the way back chaser. Bet you’ll be really pleased to have it home after all the grief. Hopefully, that’s the drama finished and you have no more major breakdowns in future. 👍

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Glad to hear it’s on the way back chaser. Bet you’ll be really pleased to have it home after all the grief. Hopefully, that’s the drama finished and you have no more major breakdowns in future. 👍
They say it's running really well, but that could be the kiss of death. :(

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Do you know, I don't think I have seen anything in England with french writing on it.
Try all food products or most things you buy .same as here required to be in 100 languages ,Aldis & Lidl tools are in multiple languages as are all the instruction booklets .buy one in france & it is illegally in french only & doesn't conform to the eu directives for multi languages. They want it all ways .
The reason for no signs etc. is, that it was left exactly (except for the bodies of course) as it was as a memorial to the victims. 😢
Fair enough but the huge family placards before you even get to the visitors centre, which is the only way in now, were in french only.looked like it was worth reading them all if there was a translation?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Try all food products or most things you buy .same as here required to be in 100 languages ,Aldis & Lidl tools are in multiple languages as are all the instruction booklets .buy one in france & it is illegally in french only & doesn't conform to the eu directives for multi languages. They want it all ways .

Fair enough but the huge family placards before you even get to the visitors centre, which is the only way in now, were in french only.looked like it was worth reading them all if there was a translation?
Did you not have Google Translate on your phone? 🤔

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Did you not have Google Translate on your phone? 🤔
Why should I be doing something they are legally required to do?
When are they also going to standardise the number plates that should have been done years ago?
the list is endless they want it all there own way.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Why should I be doing something they are legally required to do?
When are they also going to standardise the number plates that should have been done years ago?
the list is endless they want it all there own way.
Yer, those pesky French, they even speak a different language and drive on the wrong side of the road, just to be awkward! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do You know, I think I might start another thread with this, but through it all I can't praise everyone we came into contact with this enough, LV breakdown, the breakdown drivers, the people at the storage place, the garage we were eventually taken to, the people in the hotels we were taken to, the taxi drivers, Uber, the restaurants we visited, in fact I couldn't have a bad word for any of them they were all brilliant.
The only black spot of the whole thing were hertz car rental, unbelievable what they did to us.
But no we could not have had a better experience of a bad job.
And even the people who always get flamed on here were brilliant, ryanair.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Its all on line..

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
It's back home, they reckon the gearbox really works brilliantly, I think the garage must have been genuine , can't fault them.
That’s great to hear. Reunited with your van, finally. 👍👍👍

story for the grand kids but don’t let it put you of from crossing that stretch of water.

We will all break down at some point probably. those who spend most of their vanning over there, then it’s likely to be over there when the issue occurs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That’s great to hear. Reunited with your van, finally. 👍👍👍

story for the grand kids but don’t let it put you of from crossing that stretch of water.

We will all break down at some point probably. those who spend most of their vanning over there, then it’s likely to be over there when the issue occurs.
We have a tunnel booked in December for the gravelines and Ypres Christmas market , booked it months ago so we will see how that goes .

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It's back home, they reckon the gearbox really works brilliantly, I think the garage must have been genuine , can't fault them.
Great result, but what do you propose to do to it if it's working O.K. now? Will you be able to determine what the apparent fault was?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back