Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I’ve just seen the latest podcast by motorhome Matt. He talks about the withdrawal of 2G in 2033 and how this will affect trackers.
Now, when we went to France recently my tracker still had me at the euro tunnel even though I was in the south of France. I contacted the tracker people who said it was a really old one; 9 years old, and it could do with updating. Could this have been because France has switched off 2 G already?🤷🏼‍♂️. As I renewed by warranty they said they will replace this free of charge to a more modern and up to date one.
At the moment mine is working fine again and has me at home where the van is. For those away at the moment, does yours work in the EU

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Yes. The current Moving Intelligence Sentinel S5 is 4G. I checked with them this morning. I wonder if our insurance companies would try to wriggle out of a claim if someone took their motorhome to a country where they knew that there was no coverage for the tracker?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
For those that bought "lifetime" coverage to avoid the annual fee, I suspect tracker manufacturers will wriggle out of their commitments. The standard wheeze in the IT industry is to offer "lifetime" support, but then re-release the product under a new name with only slightly changed features to force users to buy the new one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back