What is your current van lust? (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
I keep seeing the Merc 4x4 Hymer ML-T's out and about and liking them more and more. Just a bit wider than my panel van and so much possibility. A flat floor throughout, so good for the dog, lots of useable storage and the 4 wheel drive is a big bonus. It looks great too.

View attachment 894592

So that's my current van lust, I don't want to know why you don't like my choice, but I'd love to know what your current van lust is and why (y)
Any 4 berth Campervan, not Motorhome, I can afford without having to sell some body parts to finance it.
Still looking. :happy:

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
I keep seeing the Merc 4x4 Hymer ML-T's out and about and liking them more and more. Just a bit wider than my panel van and so much possibility. A flat floor throughout, so good for the dog, lots of useable storage and the 4 wheel drive is a big bonus. It looks great too.

View attachment 894592

So that's my current van lust, I don't want to know why you don't like my choice, but I'd love to know what your current van lust is and why (y)
How weird is that - I think we have the same van now, and this is at the top of our list too. We like the same things about it, plus the garage for the bikes means they’d be more secure.

This is also on the list, for similar reasons.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think for us it is the Morelo that they have not even built yet but at the factory they are dropping plenty of hints that they have one on the drawing board that is everything we want, won't be shown until Dusseldorf at the end of August.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome to my world, I’ve decided to keep the van and bin the van build and retire earlier idea👍
FB_IMG_1715238118244.jpg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We often say we mis our first van. The size and layout was right for our needs so if we could copy that without the rust and slightly updated electrics and heater that would do for us.
I'm happy to report my lusting and thrusting days are past and I am contented with what I own.

A 2007 Murvi Morello and a 1989 T25td VW Westfalia California.

I love reliability in both man and vehicle, I'm also a proponent of the saying 'better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't '.

Yes, both of my vehicles need occasional attention but, when they do, most of the time, I can fix it.

Just think, IF you had paid to have the rust, electrics and heater, really well seen to, or replaced, you would now be very happy and quids in enough to give poor Hobo's a handout? 😄

PS. For anyone else in bigwood position, my next face to face Surgery will be open at the Swaffham Bash.
Free advice given with every purchase! 👍

PPS. I think most 4x4 van look ugly except a VW T25 Synchro. (But maybe I'm bias?) 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We are happy with our N&B Arto 69GL(transverse fixed bed), but could improve it with an island bed and maybe a second door to garage. Our yard S-entrance is limited to 8m.

But what? N&B did produce an ARTO at 8m but stopped it, only 9m now. Morelo do a Home 82M which fits the bill, but although I could afford it at their price that would take a lot of capital out of the income stream.

So, while my back will still allow me to scramble over OH in night for a pee, I think we will tell 'Lust' to 'Get Thee behind me'

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I love that, any more interior photos. 👍

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
My uncle owns Overlander.Global and builds overlanders in Colorado, USA. He's just finished this beauty, which is his own personal rig. They're currently out on it's maiden trip since finishing the build last week. It's built on a Mercedes 4x4 ex-fire truck that they imported from Switzerland.
View attachment 895096View attachment 895097View attachment 895098View attachment 895099View attachment 895100

Ok it is for the US mountains but it does have the basic 'hair-shirt' feeling of a mountain refugee - not very homely.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I do like the layout of the Sunlight I69 l in the classifieds but it's about 18 months before we would be thinking of changing our motorhome (and it's had a deposit placed on it apparently!), then I would have the problem of spending another three years adding stuff that is totally unnecessary to anyone else but me!

Jane And Rog

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 19, 2019
Ashford, Kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2017
Rog here, adding to the two Jane listed: the La Strada Nova eb has everything we’re looking for and a monocoque body. La Strada don’t show the 4x4 version on their site and the low small wheel version is a bit fugly but they do put the more attractive 4x4 out for shows: here’s a video tour at Dusseldorf.

With unreasonable expenditure, I like the similarly constructed Darc Mono.

I always like the idea of something like nigelivy ’s overlander right until I see someone trying to get onto a small ferry or fill them with diesel.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Rog here, adding to the two Jane listed: the La Strada Nova eb has everything we’re looking for and a monocoque body. La Strada don’t show the 4x4 version on their site and the low small wheel version is a bit fugly but they do put the more attractive 4x4 out for shows: here’s a video tour at Dusseldorf.

With unreasonable expenditure, I like the similarly constructed Darc Mono.

I always like the idea of something like nigelivy ’s overlander right until I see someone trying to get onto a small ferry or fill them with diesel.
Wow - just seen the price of the Darc Mono - €372,000 plus vat.

On top of that you need to add the Base vehicle !

Jan 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
a class 890 hymer

View attachment 894592

Mine has been a 9 m Morello for some time! However I do love the tailgate balcony feature on the Hymer 4x4!

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Welcome to my world, I’ve decided to keep the van and bin the van build and retire earlier idea👍
Best thing I did retired at 59 , now 78 you soon realise when retired life is short any how gonna collect new Motorhome in 2 weeks gone back island bed had enough of faffing about making up bed, back to diesel heating, asked dealer salesman to do damp check as it's New!! Think he was surprised ,but a lot of the vehicles have been standing about a long while,I said I don't want to find damp with my Damp Meter!!🤔

Feb 27, 2024
Reading, UK
Funster No
MH
Holdsworth
Exp
Since 1985

View attachment 894592

As I've only got a short driveway I'd go for a Chausson 520 premium on a ford automatic, but as funds are limited I'll stick with my Holdsworth Valentine.

Oct 4, 2018
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Not so new now
I too lusted after the Merc 4x4 Hymer ML-T, until I looked at one in detail. In my view Hymer quality has gone downhill and the layout and internal style just didn’t feel comfortable or welcoming.
It was a choice between this and a Carthago, chose a 145 C Tourer which is excellent all round particularly the size of the garage.

Jul 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
Hymer 508 CL

View attachment 894592

An ML-t is full motorhome width at 2.22m.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Lust as much as you want, but your desires may change after you've achieved it.
It's not what you have that matters. It's what you do with it.
I'd swap mine for anything non-Fiat (but no special desire for 4x4).
in the meantime I'm planning my next destination rather than vehicle.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back