What is your current van lust? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I keep seeing the Merc 4x4 Hymer ML-T's out and about and liking them more and more. Just a bit wider than my panel van and so much possibility. A flat floor throughout, so good for the dog, lots of useable storage and the 4 wheel drive is a big bonus. It looks great too.

1715165666264.png

So that's my current van lust, I don't want to know why you don't like my choice, but I'd love to know what your current van lust is and why (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I keep seeing the 4x4 Hymer ML-T's out and about and liking them more and more. Just a bit wider than my panel van and so much possibility. A flat floor throughout, so good for the dog, lots of useable storage and the 4 wheel drive is a big bonus. It looks great too.

View attachment 894592

So that's my current van lust, I don't want to know why you don't like my choice, but I'd love to know what your current van lust is and why (y)
Not trying to put a downer on your thread but I have never seen anything up to a quarter of a million that I would rather have than the one we have now (y) ;)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I keep seeing the Merc 4x4 Hymer ML-T's out and about and liking them more and more. Just a bit wider than my panel van and so much possibility. A flat floor throughout, so good for the dog, lots of useable storage and the 4 wheel drive is a big bonus. It looks great too.

View attachment 894592

The Merc 4x4 Hymer ML-T looks a cracker in the latest guise. Must admit, it has caught my eye in the past - right size and layout too.

I think once you have owned any sort of 4x4, the prospect of having a van with all-wheel drive is exciting.

Now just need to win the lottery and could be sorted... ;) :LOL:

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
I was at the point of hitting the order button on the 4x4 Mlt before our current vehicle, it looks like ours is sold as they have just paid a chunk of a deposit to secure, but we have a house project to start, would love something on a HGV chassis, no more than 8 Mtrs but hens teeth come to mind

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Our local Hymer dealer currently has one in stock if you fancy a short trip to Northern Ireland.

Sep 19, 2013
Cabbunk Central
Funster No
MH
Carado T459
Exp
Not long enough!

View attachment 894592

Love that, huge upsides, but we love an open, spacious feel inside and island bed so my current vanlust is also a Hymer, but it is the Tramp S695. Face to face lounge , island bed, but cleverly, it is almost gas-free, with diesel Truma and compressor fridge, plus solid construction and xps insulation. Front wheel drive Merc. Not 4x4, but I am too old for that off-road stuff! 🤭

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
I really love this, which is the 2.0 version of the Hillside Hopton. But it wouldn't fit on my drive which is a big issue.
IMG_5199NEC-Feb24-lo.jpg

I also like the flexibility of smaller vans, so I would also like something looking rather like this (but with a different interior layout). I don't mind the small size of my van, but the LWB would give me enough floor space inside to make a difference. I also like the idea of a high top. No messing about with pop tops, better insulation, inproved noise levels. BUT, of course, going higher means more limitations. That said, if this van turned out for sale and I could afford it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and if I had the funds I'd send it away to have the interior done to my spec. (We're talking wish lists here...!)
rednblack_hitop2.jpg

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Consort Oslo, we are driving ourselves mad at the moment as it might be within our grasp!

Our logic is impeccable. We have a 4 year old IH630RD , 3 way fridge. Comformatic. 140W gel battery and 120Ah solar. Underslung log tank. We have booked a 6 week tour of Iceland next year. No LPG available. We’re not always having hookup. Could be cold. Tour leader said we’ll “probably” be OK.

A new van with a compressor fridge, diesel heating plus lithium makes perfect sense to us!!!

See you at the Newbury show.

Oct 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Consort PVC
Consort Oslo, we are driving ourselves mad at the moment as it might be within our grasp!

Our logic is impeccable. We have a 4 year old IH630RD , 3 way fridge. Comformatic. 140W gel battery and 120Ah solar. Underslung log tank. We have booked a 6 week tour of Iceland next year. No LPG available. We’re not always having hookup. Could be cold. Tour leader said we’ll “probably” be OK.

A new van with a compressor fridge, diesel heating plus lithium makes perfect sense to us!!!

See you at the Newbury show.

Are you looking at the Fiat 9sp 180hp Oslo ?

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
A grey one
Exp
since 1996
Having only had out Adria Twin for a couple of months, I'd best not look, but it looks pretty cool. Might have a peek if week get to Dusseldorf at end of August.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Jim - Ringleader (or should that be Troublemaker?) is absolutely the right title for you. I really, really, REALLY wish you had not started this thread :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

For a while I have been ignoring the niggling voice in the back of my head which knows that a VW Transporter is a fabulous day van and not a very good campervan. And in the last week or so there have been a couple of threads in which that very thing has come up, and that makes the niggle even more noisy . . . For the money my current dream van would cost I could stay in an awful lot of cottages (or similar) but it just would not be the same.

Am currently lusting after:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.56.16.png

5.4m long, auto gearbox, perfect for one.
I could leave the rear set up as a bed both for sleeping and longitudinal reading which is an important part of relaxing when away!
Sadly, although there would only be one traveller, there are two people involved in the family finances and I just don't think it would go down well if I suggest I want a second vehicle. 😥

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Our local Hymer dealer currently has one in stock if you fancy a short trip to Northern Ireland.

Was looking at that last week, think the garage is just a bit to narrow to get a motor bike in, the 4x4 580 ML-T looks like it might just do for my needs, (must stop looking) other priorities 🙈🙈

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago

View attachment 894592

Along the same vibe as you Jim, I’m liking the Euramobile Xtura ….

IMG_3700.jpeg
IMG_3701.jpeg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Not trying to put a downer on your thread but I have never seen anything up to a quarter of a million that I would rather have than the one we have now (y) ;)
(y)
No lusting for me either. Paid £13k cash for my 1995 VW T4 coachbuilt twelve years ago on a whim and it owes me nothing. It's just for leisurely transport and accommodation. Travelled faultlessly all around Europe. Never even had an Advisory at any of the MOTs.
Cooker, loo, shower, fridge, sublimely comfy interior sprung beds .................what more does a chap need? 🤷‍♂️

RH side.jpg

Last edited:

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I m giving consideration to Lenny HB motor. Select motorhomes
I keep thinking about it, but sensible head on it is unlikely as will want a year or so of retirement to work out how much money I want to spend and how much to keep
No point in keeping it there are no pockets in shrouds.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back