What is the best soap/shower gel that wont damage shower cubicle (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

HUDSO5

Free Member
Jun 24, 2024
Funster No
MH
swift escape 694
What is the best soap/shower gel that wont damage the shower cubicle.

Apr 30, 2024
Dartford, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Conversion
Exp
Since December 2023 (caravans & tents before then)
I’ve started using Alberto shampoo bar while camping. I’ve bought a little plastic bag with a sticker that goes on the wall. I’m unsure as to whether there’s anything in it that might degrade a polycarbonate shower cubicle, but I’d very much doubt it.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Smilely Hymer B524
Exp
Not enough
1720070113420.jpeg

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
I like glyercine based soaps - I reckon they are less unkind to skin although I have never thought that any soap might damage a motorhome shower.

But you could try Droyt - nice products, delightfully British & old-fashioned (in a good way) and very pleasant to deal with.

Upvote 0

Jonno1103

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
F Line F70
Exp
Since 2012
What is the best soap/shower gel that wont damage the shower cubicle.
Anything liquid with out SLES, SLS, MIT (Methylisothiazolinone) or PEG's. Many of the posh expensive stuff is made from the crappiest & cheapest base liquids.

Traditional soap bars tend to resolidify in pipes & olive oil soaps leave a film. Unless you know your cubicle is made using Lexan, don't use any bathroom cleaner with Diakyl in it... phosgen atoms kill plastic as it reacts with the polymers.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Trigger Spray Bottle, filled with white vinegar & water, add a squeeze of Lemon if you want to dissipate the vinegar smell, dilute to taste :giggle:. Spray shower cubicle, hose & taps after each shower, dry with a rubber blade or large microfibre cloth if your really fussy. Its stops any mould growth on mastic from forming.
Thats all Mr Muscle Shower spray & similar are after all, use it at home, great for cleaning mirrors also.(y)
LES

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back