What have you done to your motorhome today? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jun 16, 2017
Bridlington
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Kea 80
Exp
Happy to help
Fitted DRL lights into the bumper mounts auto dimming with headlights on.

IMG_8591.jpeg

IMG_8590.jpeg

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
mike_babb
Mike, your new floor looks great. Please can you let me know what materials / fixings you used. Thanks Martin

Made a raised floor section in the rear garage of my Adria Compact Supreme to store my wife's 6ft4inch surfboard so it's safe and easily accessible.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
After nearly 4 weeks in England,set about " Bottoming it " today. First, top up oil.then...Hot water and cleaning stuff.,doesn;t look to shabby now if i pull onto Praia de mira Municipal campsite,sit outside with the doors open and soak up the atmosphere,sunshine the sound of the waves on the shore and replying to campers as they walk past " Tudu bem ? " ( On Porty plates " ;) )
HAPPY DAYS
Tea Bag

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
4+
Carted all my laptop and router to the MH to use as an office while our(excellent) cleaner works her magic in the apartment. We We pay her £36 for 4 hours - what is UK rate for a really excellent job?
£54 for 2 hours

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Monitor for reversing camera was held on the existing mirror with duck tape and in the recent hot spell all but fell off. So took it off today with the mirror and cleaned both items up- I found that Silvasil UPVC cleaner the best for removing the old goo. Then strapped the monitor to the mirror with a couple of cable ties, much neater and no chance of falling off again.
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Checked my tyre pressures after having four new ones fitted ten days ago. Off-side front one is losing pressure so back to the tyre fitters tomorrow. I suspect a leak around the rim as I can’t see anything in the tyre and the ultra-sophisticated “spit test” doesn’t show any leak through the valve.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Fixed the corrugated drain hose from the kitchen sink with a jubilee clip. It popped off after 16 years.

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
I didn’t actually do anything to the motorhome myself!
We took our motorhome into Motorhome Retrofit in Poole to have steps put under the front cab doors to make getting in and out easier.
Really good service, very pleasant people.
Steps look really good and of course used them at their workshop.
I’d like to say we have been using them constantly since picking the vehicle up, however we came onto Weymouth, where it has been p…ing it down since lunchtime. Apart from going to the pub we have been confined in the Moho, don’t you just love July in the UK.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Replaced bathroom mirror light and added a switch that the dear wife might actually reach!
Returned shrinking window rubber to its slot and filled gap with flexible black sealant.
Added new 12v and usb to dashboard.
Stone chip sprayed the new LPG tank (12 months old).
Painted electric step to halt the road spray rust.
Resealed water tank drain tap.
Replaced towball cover.

Jul 15, 2023
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Feb 2023
Finishing off my lithium, solar, B2B, multiplus install. Little bits of tidying to do and connect up the 240v side when my cable arrives.

View attachment 920755
Morning DLJ220,
Seen this for the first time yesterday really good job:love:(y) noticed it was a Bailey straight away first things first and maybe rude how much did that bundle cost you not including battery, secondly the water fill up point in the corner did you have the optional extra of factory fitted kink in pipe😊 and will you be fitting a splash/leak guard just incase:unsure:. Also what have you got planned for the old battery storage area :unsure:
TIA

Last edited:
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Have fitted a slide out cooker, it’s still work in progress and I’ve got a shelf to fit above it but pleased with the outcome. I’ve not worked with Ali extrusion before but it’s definitely the way forward.
IMG_0969.jpeg
IMG_0972.jpeg
IMG_0973.jpeg

Jan 27, 2023
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640
The USB socket in the MH has been known to be a bit suspect (known to set on fire etc), so replaced with this:
IMG_1759.jpeg
Just need to block out that LED, don’t want that glowing in the dark 😡

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
The USB socket in the MH has been known to be a bit suspect (known to set on fire etc), so replaced with this: View attachment 921072Just need to block out that LED, don’t want that glowing in the dark 😡
New take on being watched :wink:

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
Just stored it as we won’t be using it until September now - what I did was drive back to it because I remembered that I had forgotten to leave the fridge and freezer doors open.

Does that count?

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Struggled with low flow, removed water pump & tested it, all seemed ok, (see clip below) refitted pump but still low flow. Suspected air lock issue so purged cold through to the shower 1st with shower head off & the shower pipe on the floor. Then worked backwards to other taps & all ok now. Now bought spare pump just in case.
Also fitted addition grey waste dump valve as the spindle of factory fitted valve was getting very sloppy due to wear & I suspect will fail, so factory valve now permanently open.

IMG_6601.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6560.mov
    39.4 MB

French Charlie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2022
Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Auro Star V630LJ
Exp
2 years
Ill start this as im quite proud of myself. After having 12v electrical problems and finding no decent leccies to sort it I ripped it out and sorted. New fusebox, rewired d+ to relay operating a vsr for the fridge and added a 12v led to fridge when running on 12v. Ive wired so the 12v runs in hab even if van is running. And this all started after the fusebox started playing up. Bit messy those wires lol.

View attachment 777984 View attachment 777985 View attachment 777986
Not in the same league as L Squirrel Esq cos electrical doo dads scare the living poo out of me, but today HQ1 and I had a practice run at erecting our new drive away awning. After the prescribed amount of bickering success! The plan is to plot up in Portugal on a proper site for the winter months, and have Vincent the Van available for sightseeing, shopping, and other trips without having to reclaim our pitch after even only a couple of hours off site. Well that's the plan anyway.

Mar 19, 2020
south of France
Funster No
MH
1991 swift kontiki
Exp
4years
Today I changed the turbo boost diaphram on the back of my Lucas Delphi DPC injection pump on my talbot 2.5td. Managed to do it without removing the pump, but is not the easiest job to do. Noticable improvement in performance when turbo starts to boost.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
Vacuumed it and cleaned the shower room. We have been living for over a month in a dusty boatyard in Greece in 38 degrees while we work on our boat and get it ready for launch. The van is filthy and is going to need a bloody good clean ...todays effort is part of the first stages of a clean up ...

Apr 9, 2024
Funster No
MH
Timberland Endeavour
Struggled with low flow, removed water pump & tested it, all seemed ok, (see clip below) refitted pump but still low flow. Suspected air lock issue so purged cold through to the shower 1st with shower head off & the shower pipe on the floor. Then worked backwards to other taps & all ok now. Now bought spare pump just in case.
Also fitted addition grey waste dump valve as the spindle of factory fitted valve was getting very sloppy due to wear & I suspect will fail, so factory valve now permanently open.

View attachment 921386
That should do the job!
Dave

Mar 7, 2023
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Ill start this as im quite proud of myself. After having 12v electrical problems and finding no decent leccies to sort it I ripped it out and sorted. New fusebox, rewired d+ to relay operating a vsr for the fridge and added a 12v led to fridge when running on 12v. Ive wired so the 12v runs in hab even if van is running. And this all started after the fusebox started playing up. Bit messy those wires lol.

View attachment 777984 View attachment 777985 View attachment 777986
Unblocked the kitchen sink...big job with drop of toilet blue😲🤪

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
Replaced the Bathroom window and frame which was damaged when I resealed all the windows and Heki. Despite being annoyed with myself for the basic error that caused the mishap we are very pleased with the new one.
As it's a 16 year old van the frame had to be ordered from dometic.
We are both delighted that after many years of coping with pesky leaks everything is now properly sealed again. PLUS, the exercise had left me very confident about dealing with future ingress.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Took the van to AEG Stourbridge to find out why our Gaslow bottle (fridge) lost everything at 1am on a French aire a few days ago. Luckily just a worn grommet for £2 + 1 hour’s gas check. Phew.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Took the van to AEG Stourbridge to find out why our Gaslow bottle (fridge) lost everything at 1am on a French aire a few days ago. Luckily just a worn grommet for £2 + 1 hour’s gas check. Phew.
Gasket, not grommet!

Nov 17, 2023
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
mike_babb
Mike, your new floor looks great. Please can you let me know what materials / fixings you used. Thanks Martin
Hi Martin, thanks very much for your kind comment. Apologies for the delay in replying, I've just posted a thread on the Adria forum with a few more images and information (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back