What have you done to your motorhome today? (34 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Collected it from the garage after its MOT and service (and investigative work - hopeful resolution - to the air conditioning problem I've had for the last couple of years!) Passed with no advisories. Excellent!
Considered washing it. Realised I'm going to be in a field for the next five days for the Air Tattoo, with a high mud potential, so decided to wash it on Sunday when I come home instead.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
My reich vector kitchen mixer tap was leaking, do I repair, buy new and fit it or get eg:Brownhills to do it.

Management obviously has no confidence in my "ability" to repair things. General comment is, you'll make it worse😭😭😭😭

We'll..... ordered a new one, saved £100 labour and replaced it. Just tested it.... ha... for now seems OK. I will not replace panels for day or two just in case of any leaks.

Some may say why not replace the cartridge or washer but as tap is over 5 years old, it seemed sensible to have a new one.

I am of course waiting for feedback from management on said repair 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
My reich vector kitchen mixer tap was leaking, do I repair, buy new and fit it or get eg:Brownhills to do it.

Management obviously has no confidence in my "ability" to repair things. General comment is, you'll make it worse😭😭😭😭

We'll..... ordered a new one, saved £100 labour and replaced it. Just tested it.... ha... for now seems OK. I will not replace panels for day or two just in case of any leaks.

Some may say why not replace the cartridge or washer but as tap is over 5 years old, it seemed sensible to have a new one.

I am of course waiting for feedback from management on said repair 🙈🙈🙈🙈
Just as a matter of interest as you've already bought a new tap, but very often the source of leaks on Reich taps is a hair line crack in the spout where it joins the tap body, once the tap is turned off the contents of the spout slowly leaks out leaving a small puddle around the tap, the spouts are available as a replacement part and as you might assume are considerably cheaper than a whole tap, they just pull off and push on with an O ring seal.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Washed the van
I didn't say I did it charity car wash
20240907_141202.jpg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Just as a matter of interest as you've already bought a new tap, but very often the source of leaks on Reich taps is a hair line crack in the spout where it joins the tap body, once the tap is turned off the contents of the spout slowly leaks out leaving a small puddle around the tap, the spouts are available as a replacement part and as you might assume are considerably cheaper than a whole tap, they just pull off and push on with an O ring seal.
Don't spoil his moment of glory!
He knew that, he just wanted some spare parts from the old tap for his next project! 😄

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just happened to be ogling the firefighters hanging around outside the fire station? :unsure:
Probably given a tip off by Janine! 😄

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Rain, dark skies, sad battery, went around Shelton motorhome show and bought a small portable lithium power pack for lights. Wanted to buy lithium battery but all four dealers only had dummy batteries but good news they will have them by end of September 😩

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Thanks ChrisL never thought of that, the tap was dripping slowly into the sink. Ha.... I won't tell management I might have been able to repair it cheaper 😁

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Continued to prep 1989 Westy California for it's MOT Tuesday, yesterday inspected front end brakes, body etc.
Today , rear end.

Noticed, although completely legal, rear tyres are about 8yrs old and some slight cracking on O/S/R outer U/J boot.
( I have a complete spare prepared driveshaft somewhere, it's easier when one can take ones time over rectifying problems)
All will be changed before next year, possibly in the next few weeks if the sun keeps shining?

Brakes good and a quick blast underneath with the pressure washer to keep the tester happy and all ready for Tuesday 🤞

Nov 4, 2022
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
Since 2005
Had a measure up of under kitchen counter shelves to get some crates/baskets (prompted by a discussion on hamsterbaskets on here).

As it turns out there are low cost collapsable crates available at Dunelm that will suffice that we had ordered for our daughter going to uni next weekend, 2 for £3.

Also ordered 2 pairs of cushions to go in the MH, also from Dunelm.

Did however ask hamster baskets for a basket to replace an obsolete broken drawer in our Bosch fridge/freezer that has given sterling service at nearly 20 years old.

Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
Ill start this as im quite proud of myself. After having 12v electrical problems and finding no decent leccies to sort it I ripped it out and sorted. New fusebox, rewired d+ to relay operating a vsr for the fridge and added a 12v led to fridge when running on 12v. Ive wired so the 12v runs in hab even if van is running. And this all started after the fusebox started playing up. Bit messy those wires lol.

View attachment 777984 View attachment 777985 View attachment 777986
We had an awful squeaky rattle. Once home, I discovered that a glass beer mug had rotated in its restraint and the handle was resting against a wine glass. Glass on glass, not a nice sound..

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Mutsubis fuso/canter
Exp
5 years
Did this a week ago.
We got a wee bit tired of the woodgrain, plus being 20 years old it was starting to get scruffy.
Being a signwriter / printer I whipped these up. Some of the places we have been.
I am toying with the idea of making the panels matt white (vinyl wrap) but will ponder a bit more on that.
I realise it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea... but works for us. Plus, if tired of the puctures its easy enough to replace with new ones.

20240901_141248.jpg

20240901_151217.jpg

20240901_141257.jpg

20240901_151223.jpg

20240901_151234.jpg

Aug 13, 2024
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Fairford
Prepping for a trip to Spain at the end of the month. Fitted a dashcam and review fitted to the rear view mirror. I was really impressed but the running the 10m cable was a nightmare. Also replaced the submersible with a Shurflo. !

Sep 28, 2017
Bakewell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Morelo
Exp
In new little van, Adria Twin, Finally looked up the warning signal that was showing on the dashboard - Ad Blue… who knew? The symbol looked like a dragon spitting fire!

Maybe the festival i had just been to - Mucky Weekender nr Winchester was affecting my vision.

Then i actually worked out how to use the display screen and connect my phone…

Exhausted!!!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
WARNING - TOILET THREAD😢

On our trip around France we found “foul water”, (nicest expression I could think of), was filling the recesses in the cassette compartment. Suspecting the seal had failed we rang around various Caravan/motorhome dealers to find a supplier.

Picking two up on our way between sites, one for now and one for the inevitable next time I decided to fit in on the camp site. Having checked Thetford’s video on YouTube, just to be careful, I started the job.

Remove the slide cover, place it in the grooves opposite and turn anti-clockwise”.

Yeh, right! The cover wouldn’t shift, unlike the obviously brand new one in the demo video.

If it doesn’t move turn harder and then harder still until the mechanism sheared completely.😱

Keep legs crossed until the following day when complete new cassette bought from another dealership, en route to our next stop. Problem solved for just €145 for the re-fresh kit, cassette and toilet seat assembly combined, plus a further €46 euros for the two, now superfluous seals.☹️

What is the betting that they will never be needed but will be carried around several countries, just in case.😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back