We've got loads of Data allowance...but sometimes...🤔 (10 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I been reading up on here...on Facebook and watched a few YouTube videos.
Our Data allowance is good....and generally here in Spain we rarely lack a good signal, but....there are times that we haven't got a good enough or even none at all...
Internet for us is fairly essential...planning bike routes, places to stay etc...and entertainment...TV (Footie) posting on here and Facebook...
I'm considering, and therefore asking, What's the latest external Aerial and Router solutions that would help us stay in contact with the outside world..
Just to add.... I've got a spare hole in the MH roof...actually it was where the TV Aerial used to be...the pole is still there.... advantage Me..
I await a bombardment of replies..🤭😃😃🇪🇺

Last edited:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Up to a point...

They did replace my DOA RUTX50 with no quibbles, except that I had to ship the dead unit back to them at my expense. Given that I'd spent best part of £1,000 with them it was the principle rather than the cost of the return shipping that stuck with me.

They do know what they're talking about though and their presales team were very helpful.
Teltonika won't deal with you unless you have purchased from an official reseller, so I guess it's always good to do this if you can, just not worth the hassle later on down the line.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
does jumartoo know you are running amok with the refund?:laughing:
No....she doesn't even know there has been a refund...🤭

(Actually the Router and the Antenna are Birthday/Christmas presents for her, something else she didn't know)

Good job jumartoo doesn't read tech stuff on Fun..🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Poynting did quite a good youtube video explaining both types of antenna's that have been quoted on here and their uses which was quite informative, if i find it again i will link to it but its a good watch for people like me who knows very little.
There was one by a South African (?) telecoms vendor in Australia (?) who I think said the new round puck style antenna for urban use, the fin for rural/off coast…

Edit: this one I think…

Upvote 0

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
There was one by a South African (?) telecoms vendor in Australia (?) who I think said the new round puck style antenna for urban use, the fin for rural/off coast…

Edit: this one I think…

Could have been as it was a while ago now when i was doing the same thing Martin is now.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Could have been as it was a while ago now when i was doing the same thing Martin is now.
I've watched all of this guys YouTube videos...he is both informative and sort of funny...I believe he knows his stuff too...

Reactions: zac
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back