Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
After a 50 min drive now at the main destination in the trip Mantova where number 1 son lives and feels like a second home to us (and will become so in time) . Loads of room at the sosta with shade , ehu and water for €24 a day - not cheap but then ….

Stroll into town under a clear blue sky and 26 degrees for a light lunch and then back to chill
IMG_1247.jpeg

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
Great coming across your thread...its like our story too! 3 years in planning and waiting for MH to arrive...lots of bumps to get here...same crossing day 2 now though and we are on same campsite in ypres!
Our mobile router isn't working though...waiting for tech support at rwg!

Enjoy your travels we may bump in to you on route...we are thinking of just France this time but will see where it takes us...hopefully 8 weeks...as long as get data working as I do need to work a bit on the road! No satellite in our van so hopefully not too many rain days to come...but we have two sets of waterproof lol!

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I’ve had to revert to hotspotting our phone for tv and sat nav - it’s working fine , better than bloody router anyway :) . It’s 29 in north Italy today , enjoy the trip

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Great coming across your thread...its like our story too! 3 years in planning and waiting for MH to arrive...lots of bumps to get here...same crossing day 2 now though and we are on same campsite in ypres!

Enjoy your travels we may bump in to you on route...we are thinking of just France this time but will see where it takes us...hopefully 8 weeks...as long as get data working as I do need to work a bit on the road! No satellite in our van so hopefully not too many rain days to come...but we have two sets of waterproof lol!
Have you checked the APN setting, probably showing a few different ones so just try them.
RWG was fine in my Netgear once I got the right setting but ID sim was crap kept on changing the APN and give up in the end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Delayed 4 years because of Covid , family commitments and sale of a business and tomorrow we take off for 6 weeks or so thorough Belgium , france , Austria , Germany , Italy and god knows where . The planning and preparation has been much more effort than I thought it would be but I guess subsequent journeys will only get easier . Hope to see some of you in the road !!
Not in the road 🙈 you mean on the road 🤷‍♂️ Not sure there's a difference but sound's better lol 👌
Have a well deserved and deferred trip, make the most of it as this year think it's going be a lot easier than 2024 🙏

Oct 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado 348
Exp
We (I) have a list on a spreadsheet (geek) that lists in (his/her) columns, what to take, what to do before going, what documents are needed. Reduces the process time significantly.
You probably have a similar list now that you've done it once.
Hi, I’m a newbie to ferries and France etc but being brave am planning next year! I would be interested in the ‘list’ you mention as I haven’t a clue where to start. Is it possible to send it to me?

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Leaving mantova for a few days so our son and DIL can chill before they move into house and start new job for a brief break at Garda - camp Zocco where we were in 2002 . Despite not reserving got a pitch facing the lake (well with one line of PVCs in the way ) and a 60 yard stroll to their private beach .
IMG_1273.jpeg
IMG_1272.jpeg

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Love Mantova and Sirmione, we were there week ago, spent 5 day's at Camp Wien by lake was fantastic, great spot round there. We had a pool overlooking Garda, perfect Italy 🇮🇹 at it's best !

Screenshot_20231001_181058_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231001_181220_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20231001_181113_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Well after 10 days in and around mantova it’s time to move on and gently make our way back , just an hour and a half away is lake iseo - and this is the view from our camper …. Not bad eh
IMG_1304.jpeg

Camping covello , booked 2 nights ago - try and get a front row if you can

May 15, 2020
Ingleton, Carnforth, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7099F
Exp
Since 2020
Hi, I’m a newbie to ferries and France etc but being brave am planning next year! I would be interested in the ‘list’ you mention as I haven’t a clue where to start. Is it possible to send it to me?
The RAC website has the rules and regs for driving in each country.

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023

Nice van Ziggy hope you enjoying it, as they are a great brand, we have the Matrix Axess 600SL since new in Jan this year.
We've done just over 6k miles now without any problem's to mention.
Not long returned from Europe gor 3 week's down to Italy, lake Garda was fab 👌
As regards your mifi rwg, as we had same global @ £35 to work in Switzerland, unfortunately we had similar problem's, as would not connect, after emailing Tim at rwg several times he eventually responded with, check your APN settings, but as it was a data only prob like yourself and being inside the Maxview router it should be fine, as they pre-set.
I eventually sussed it out, by doing a reset on router, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, it will revert back to factory password. Entered that, then put a fresh password in and hey presto it connected to both our mobiles and wifey's laptop at same time 🙏 Only thing we couldn't connect to the TV to watch Netflix though, so thought it was rather expensive not to have that facility . . .

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
Nice van Ziggy hope you enjoying it, as they are a great brand, we have the Matrix Axess 600SL since new in Jan this year.
We've done just over 6k miles now without any problem's to mention.
Not long returned from Europe gor 3 week's down to Italy, lake Garda was fab 👌
As regards your mifi rwg, as we had same global @ £35 to work in Switzerland, unfortunately we had similar problem's, as would not connect, after emailing Tim at rwg several times he eventually responded with, check your APN settings, but as it was a data only prob like yourself and being inside the Maxview router it should be fine, as they pre-set.
I eventually sussed it out, by doing a reset on router, hold the reset button in for 10 seconds, it will revert back to factory password. Entered that, then put a fresh password in and hey presto it connected to both our mobiles and wifey's laptop at same time 🙏 Only thing we couldn't connect to the TV to watch Netflix though, so thought it was rather expensive not to have that facility . . .
Yes we are loving it, we were thinking of getting the twin or compact but we have a 40kg golden retriever travelling with us and he needs the extra room lol!! We picked ours up Christmas so same time as you. Had quite a few snags but mainly minor just annoying going back and forth. This gas leaks more of a pain as we found it before we left, hubby got it to our dealer and they 'fixed' it but obviously didn't check it properly as took it to garage here in Switzerland and he found 3 loose connection and the fitting that connects the two bottles is faulty! They don't have the parts we need but it's OK as looks like plenty of flogas depots in France, fingers crossed!

Your trip sounds great that's on our list too! We are going to the French alps next and heading south after. I am finding it hard not having a route totally planned as I'm usually a planner but am sure I will get used to it!

Thanks for reply re rwg..I have Tim too, so maybe that explains the delays it's probably only him! I misread the data ours came with so that was initial problem it had run out, but I topped up with 5gb and it started working but only for half day! Been waiting week for reply. I've paid for WiFi at this site which has been good to be fair...even streams Netflix!...and think I will just get another sim when we are back in France.

Happy travels! Switzerland has been stunning loved it here 😍

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Whoooo that's a big doggy to lug about, heavier tgan my spare wheel @ 30kg lol. Yes collected on 9th Jan from a return holiday Xmas and New Year to Costa Rica. It was an 'X' demo wife found online as none in stock Obs, 9-12 month waiting list which we were not prepared to wait for it ! Also a few snags, minor cracks and bro catches etc, but was a little annoyed when the dealer offer free gaslow, then left the nut loose to the adaptor. Obviously couldn't have tested it was safe as theor excuse nobody had any lpg in stock, or just didn't want to fill it.
Was upset more so, but our 1st short trip away I had my mates (Twin's) both gas fitters, so was diagnosed and remedied in a jiffy, thank god. It's going back in soon as found a few other thing's, might as well while under warranty.
Yes my wife does all the planning of trip's, luckily prior to leaving the UK, although it is difficult without WiFi, so it also took us 10 days before rwg was working, but like you managed with site WiFi, especially in Lake Garda (Camp Wein) was free for the 5 day's we stayed 🙏

Oct 18, 2021
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Newbie!
Whoooo that's a big doggy to lug about, heavier tgan my spare wheel @ 30kg lol. Yes collected on 9th Jan from a return holiday Xmas and New Year to Costa Rica. It was an 'X' demo wife found online as none in stock Obs, 9-12 month waiting list which we were not prepared to wait for it ! Also a few snags, minor cracks and bro catches etc, but was a little annoyed when the dealer offer free gaslow, then left the nut loose to the adaptor. Obviously couldn't have tested it was safe as theor excuse nobody had any lpg in stock, or just didn't want to fill it.
Was upset more so, but our 1st short trip away I had my mates (Twin's) both gas fitters, so was diagnosed and remedied in a jiffy, thank god. It's going back in soon as found a few other thing's, might as well while under warranty.
Yes my wife does all the planning of trip's, luckily prior to leaving the UK, although it is difficult without WiFi, so it also took us 10 days before rwg was working, but like you managed with site WiFi, especially in Lake Garda (Camp Wein) was free for the 5 day's we stayed 🙏
Sounds like you are like us! We did Costa Rica New Year 2019 for my 50th birthday, our 30th wedding anniversary, absolutely loved it, was life changing for us really. Now that was a big 3 week road trip to plan...but I thoroughly enjoyed it! Did you go down to the Osa? My husband loves wildlife photography so it was heaven there!

We couldn't get a secondhand one so had to wait a year for ours but they held the price thankfully.

We are now on our belated gap year...well 2 months 😂...but we'll go again! I am so looking forward to Italy, was it easy enough in the MH?

The guy that worked on ours here in Switzerland took one look at how new it was and said most problems are how poorly they are fitted! Feel more confident now he's worked on it. He's got it working on one tank fine just can't use both for now.

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
So to add to our last post about Covelo we’ve just dined at their restaurant - any bit as good as any top notch restaurant I’ve been to and half the price with a real friendly service . Cannot recommend highly enough . Massive seafood starter to share , bream and a tiramisu .

Will def be coming back

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
A 3 hour bimble across the hills from Como to Maggoire and we are at Cannobio - which meant into our out of Switzerland . At camping riviera - not cheap but pretty enough and right by the water again - 4 th lake for a swim - loverly. Time for the wife (as the machine is in the ladies loo ) to do a laundry wash , take a day to relax tomorrow walking around town and then somewhere north of here .

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
So heading north through the Gotthard - all easy but couldn’t get to our planned overnight stop due to road works so motored on however ID mobile in their wisdom killed our connection and were running sat nav blind - back to old school with maps and , because we don’t have any detailed Swiss maps , went straight for the German border - easy drive . Anyway now parked up for a night just north of the Rhine on our way to the Black Forest route - the place is packed

IMG_1338.jpeg

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Haven’t posted for a few days , apologies . Took the Black Forest road north which was great at first but torrential rain spoilt half of it - couldn’t see beyond the road sides at some point . Never mind . At the other end camped at the Stellplatz in rottweil (no prizes why that’s famous ) which was a lovely quiet night and for 12 euros . The town is very tidy and lovely to walk around . From there we headed north and couldn’t find our first choice stop and ended up by the Rhine at germershein . Not recommended, town quite run down and drinks and bums hanging around - but a peaceful Stellplatz night anyway . From there to Tiere for lunch - well worth a visit and some free parking 20 mins from the centre made it better . Then off to where I’m sat now at Mehring - bloody glorious on the Mosel wine route . 10ft from the water - 2 or three independent sites next to each other - cannot be missed and 12 hero’s a night without sparks and 15 I think with . The town is pretty as well the wine sold from the site we are on has restablushed my faith in German wines . Well recommend - and open all year btw . 2 nights here
BC6CAED6-8EC4-41FC-867F-D17859EB2D9C.jpeg
IMG_1351.jpeg
IMG_1350.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
A glorious sunny drive north along side the Mosel - not to be missed and stick close to the river - ignore mrs google . Then a 2 hour shift on the German motorway system to break into Holland and staying at this little gem , right beside a nature reserve

Here

IMG_1373.jpeg
IMG_1371.jpeg

It is absolutely spotless and facilities better than ours at home - highly recommended .

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Not an auspicious day , a 2 hour drive north west past the industrial area of Rotterdam
(Yuk) to the top of zeeland , with a lunch stop at the pretty town of Ousdorp and then across the dykes which separate the Burghs - that was impressive but not welcome on a windy day :) . Just a simple night over at Minicamping Klaverwijk hosted by a lovely couple and the site is empty . No view but all the facilities and shelter from the weather that is due .

Bruges tomorrow

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Heading to brugges for our last three nights on this trip and rain is happening and forecast for the rest of the trip . Van now starting to look like a Chinese laundry as we eek out the last few pairs of pants and socks , fridge gradually emptying and reading to get home though . Think making brugges out last stop has worked out well (been many times before but not in motorhome) as it makes a few wet days entertaining - and as long as the jeans dry over night we should be ok . Still finding stinky bugs :)

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Have you checked the APN setting, probably showing a few different ones so just try them.
RWG was fine in my Netgear once I got the right setting but ID sim was crap kept on changing the APN and give up in the end.
Cruiser we recently returned from Europe with same option's as you as in RWG global data only @ £35 would not connect to anything for us, found our password wasn't accepted in the end so reset the Maxview router and entered a new one. Then worked fine on mobiles x 2 and laptop at same time which surprised us ! But TV would not accept the password, worked fine on site WiFi. Did you have to change APN settings on TV.

Also regards ID I opted for full unlimited data package @ £18 and worked fine on my mobile, but when our Garmin sat nav crashed and wouldn't switch on for a day, we had to use google maps on mobile, used 80% of data on one trip 8+hours travelling to Italy. Had message say my next bill is £35.99 🙈 Was not happy about that.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Cruiser we recently returned from Europe with same option's as you as in RWG global data only @ £35 would not connect to anything for us, found our password wasn't accepted in the end so reset the Maxview router and entered a new one. Then worked fine on mobiles x 2 and laptop at same time which surprised us ! But TV would not accept the password, worked fine on site WiFi. Did you have to change APN settings on TV.

Also regards ID I opted for full unlimited data package @ £18 and worked fine on my mobile, but when our Garmin sat nav crashed and wouldn't switch on for a day, we had to use google maps on mobile, used 80% of data on one trip 8+hours travelling to Italy. Had message say my next bill is £35.99 🙈 Was not happy about that.
No never touched the TV as it was an issue between the ID sim and my Netgear.
Was driving me mad as never had any issues with previous trips and different sims☹️☹️

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Heading to brugges for our last three nights on this trip and rain is happening and forecast for the rest of the trip . Van now starting to look like a Chinese laundry as we eek out the last few pairs of pants and socks , fridge gradually emptying and reading to get home though . Think making brugges out last stop has worked out well (been many times before but not in motorhome) as it makes a few wet days entertaining - and as long as the jeans dry over night we should be ok . Still finding stinky bugs :)
That was our 1st point of call, stopped on Campground Bargeweg, was great being so close to red bridge for access to town but expensive @ €30 a nigh, but for one night was worth it, save the hassle of getting my moto scooter out !

20230912_144341.jpg

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
No never touched the TV as it was an issue between the ID sim and my Netgear.
Was driving me mad as never had any issues with previous trips and different sims☹️☹️
Ahh Ok well that's a bit of a bummer, you got App I spose no help 🤷‍♂️ must be honest I never even tried using it other than expensive google sat nav trip from Switzerland to Lake Garda £35.99 to pay 🙈 but least got us there, Garmin decided to power up and reboot next trip thank God 🙏🙏🙏

OP
OP
Jewellbags
Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
That was our 1st point of call, stopped on Campground Bargeweg, was great being so close to red bridge for access to town but expensive @ €30 a nigh, but for one night was worth it, save the hassle of getting my moto scooter out !

View attachment 825276
Camp melting is the same price but a 20 min walk to the outskirts - but big plots very quite and all the facilities

Apr 13, 2023
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
ADRIA MATRIX 600SL
Exp
1st timer since Jan 2023
Camp melting is the same price but a 20 min walk to the outskirts - but big plots very quite and all the facilities
We had ehu and just showered in van was Ace, can't beat a private shower, to much going on in public site washrooms as you probably aware lol 😝

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back