We are wandering again in Spain and Portugal (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We decided to pop down the road to a place recommended by Lenny HB and seconded by varaizian called Fox do Arelho. Fabulous aire or camper stop on a saltwater lagoon, the largest in Europe apparently. The aire is €6 (I think extra for electric) and has toilets and showers. Both are fairly rudimentary, but on the other hand this is the view from our windscreen. What more can you ask for at that price.

View attachment 958948

There is miles of sand here so we walked to the sea over the large dunes and watched the waves crash in. It has been mostly cloudy today but still very warm. But as we sat on the sand the sun came out for an hour or so.

View attachment 958949View attachment 958952

We walked back to the motorhome and put our chairs on the sand in front of the van to drink tea and read our books. We are parked next to the Morelo Palace, belonging to a friendly German couple who go away for 4-6 months at a time. There is a small car in the back. Remember those days when we could go anywhere in Europe for more than 90 days.

View attachment 958953

How we have gone without seeing flamingos in the wild before I don't know, they are everywhere, including the lagoon here. What's more they make a lot of noise!

A few days ago we bought some frozen sardines and we decided tonight is the night (while we have access to someone else's toilets). We managed to polish them all off too.

View attachment 958955

We have to decide where to go tomorrow, we have one more night before we are due in Porto. We had intended to head to Tomar, but might just stay here. Would we be missing anything in Tomar?
You mentions frozen fish I love the freezers in Lidl in Spain & Portugal where they sell lose shellfish, I always get a shock at the checkout when they weigh it and the price comes up. Often take a freezer full home.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
You mentions frozen fish I love the freezers in Lidl in Spain & Portugal where they sell lose shellfish, I always get a shock at the checkout when they weigh it and the price comes up. Often take a freezer full home.
Yes the frozen fish is fabulous. Given we are an island nation I don’t know we haven’t got anything similar.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We decided to pop down the road to a place recommended by Lenny HB and seconded by varaizian called Fox do Arelho. Fabulous aire or camper stop on a saltwater lagoon, the largest in Europe apparently. The aire is €6 (I think extra for electric) and has toilets and showers. Both are fairly rudimentary, but on the other hand this is the view from our windscreen. What more can you ask for at that price.

View attachment 958948

There is miles of sand here so we walked to the sea over the large dunes and watched the waves crash in. It has been mostly cloudy today but still very warm. But as we sat on the sand the sun came out for an hour or so.

View attachment 958949View attachment 958952

We walked back to the motorhome and put our chairs on the sand in front of the van to drink tea and read our books. We are parked next to the Morelo Palace, belonging to a friendly German couple who go away for 4-6 months at a time. There is a small car in the back. Remember those days when we could go anywhere in Europe for more than 90 days.

View attachment 958953

How we have gone without seeing flamingos in the wild before I don't know, they are everywhere, including the lagoon here. What's more they make a lot of noise!

A few days ago we bought some frozen sardines and we decided tonight is the night (while we have access to someone else's toilets). We managed to polish them all off too.

View attachment 958955

We have to decide where to go tomorrow, we have one more night before we are due in Porto. We had intended to head to Tomar, but might just stay here. Would we be missing anything in Tomar?

One of my favourite places….😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back