Feb 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
AS Kemerton XL
Exp
25 years
Morning all and Happy New Year

Both the level indicators on our Auto-Sleepers PVC are showing inaccurate readings. The fresh tank shows 1/4 full when it’s completely empty and the waste tank also shows 1/4 when that is full to the brim.
So far, I have drained and cleaned both tanks with tank cleaners and citric acid, flushed them several times and then checked everything again. No change!
I then removed the sensors from the fresh tank, cleaned them and refitted them. No change!
I have now disconnected the wiring from the lower three sensors on the fresh tank and still the gauge shows 1/4 full. This tells me there is something wrong with the control system. Would any of you know if there is any adjustment on the sensitivity? It’s a Sergeant EC700 unit.

OP
OP
OldWomble

OldWomble

Free Member
Feb 22, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
AS Kemerton XL
Exp
25 years
alternatively, has anyone ever ripped out the Sargent unit and retrofitted something that works?

Mar 19, 2022
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus ski ti
Exp
I’m a newbie

Both the level indicators on our Auto-Sleepers PVC are showing inaccurate readings. The fresh tank shows 1/4 full when it’s completely empty and the waste tank also shows 1/4 when that is full to the brim.
So far, I have drained and cleaned both tanks with tank cleaners and citric acid, flushed them several times and then checked everything again. No change!
I then removed the sensors from the fresh tank, cleaned them and refitted them. No change!
I have now disconnected the wiring from the lower three sensors on the fresh tank and still the gauge shows 1/4 full. This tells me there is something wrong with the control system. Would any of you know if there is any adjustment on the sensitivity? It’s a Sergeant EC700 unit.
Hi. I’m having exactly the same problem and have also tried intense cleaning etc. but no joy. My question is, where are the level sensors and has anyone replaced or upgraded them. Would be great to have this working. It’s never been right!

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Well I thought that was normal on most, if not all, motorhomes. My fresh water level only shows 100, 75, 50 and 25% so we need to guess the real level. The grey water level is either 0 or 100%, but is easier to guess because it fills from the fresh water that we use. So when fresh is at 50% so is grey.

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
But only if both tanks are the came capacity.
Grey is often slightly smaller than fresh as some fresh is drunk and won't end up in the grey tank.
Yes, mine are both 100 litres. We don't drink the fresh as we cannot be sure it's good here, so use bottled water for drinking and cooking.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We are on our 9th motorhome over a period of 40+ years. Most of the fresh water/grey water gauges have been wildly inaccurate.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We have the same issue as most seem to have. Our van has a 90ltr tank and the way we deal with it is by using a 10ltr watering can to fill it from empty then use a 10ltr plastic bucket to empty the grey waste and have an educated estimate of the weight of the toilet cassette. We're never far out (y)

Nov 18, 2022
Holmfirth, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 135
I hold down the button for 30s then release for 30s then repeat that twice. Seem to get a reasonably reliable reading. Not exactly instantaneous :)
I also recalibrate it frequently (for luck)
Whale illuminated bars thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Waste tank full empty or full likely has this kind of sensor:
PXL_20230621_095437418.jpg

Works well as it's clear of waste, or should be 🫣.
Fresh is from sensors up the tank:
PXL_20240512_133810536.jpg

Sensors can be checked individually. Pair with power (bottom lead) probe and a.n. other in container with water and check display. This should help identify the fault.

Feb 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
pilote diamond 783
Exp
2 years
In my pilote I have fitted krus resistive float level sensors, this connects into my victron cerbo, i can see to an accuracy of .5 litre in my fresh water tank, i can monitor this direct via bt, via my touch display or via vrm portal anywhere in the world. I can get level alarms via email or app alerts.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

Both our fresh and grey waste tanks are external under our van, and I have fitted Mopeka Pro wireless sensors to the underside of our tanks and these are very accurate and adjustable to suit the capacity of your tanks via the phone app.

1722670852032.png

May 28, 2024
Maspalomas, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
Both our fresh and grey waste tanks are external under our van, and I have fitted Mopeka Pro wireless sensors to the underside of our tanks and these are very accurate and adjustable to suit the capacity of your tanks via the phone app.

View attachment 931315
That's interesting, I need to look into those sensors.

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
Not a problem unique to motorhomes. Have just hired a narrowboat for a week and on taking it over was was told by the boatyard chappie never to believe the freshwater tank gauge but to fill up every day. Was slightly disconcerted to find subsequently that the toilet tank gauges were similarly useless not changing from zero for the whole week!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back