Water boiling, when you have an inverter (2 Viewers)

How do you boil water ?

• Electric kettle (<2kw)

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • Whistling kettle on induction hob (<2kw)

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Gas

Votes: 50 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Also for a further example, you will note that @Jim used exactly the same technique in his post & questions here
No, You & I haven't met ..... But as you seem to suggest that you "regularly scan all YOUR vehicle's wiring with an "infrared temperature gun" in case of developing issues" ..... It would appear to me that you are perhaps the ONLY (or perhaps one of the very few) of the more than 100,000 Members of MotorhomeFun who MAY do so, so it is hardly expedient of you imply or suggest it's a commonplace event, and you appear to be the exception rather than the rule.

Likewise, I've never come across a Motorhome/Camper Dealer that states & confirms that they carry out such a check whenever they do a "Habitation Check / Service"

I'm always keen to learn, so I'd be very interested to read posts from any other MotorhomeFun Members that regularly do such an " 'infrared temperature gun' in case of developing issues" with their vehicles.

So, given that most of us are not electricians, or electrical hobbyists. Why should we temperature scan our wiring? Where should we scan? There is a lot of it, how do we get to it all? When should we scan. How often should we scan? What are we actually looking for? What heat is normal, what should we be worried about. Do we turn everything on, use it, and then take the temperature?

I can get started right away as I do own an "Infrared temperature gun" but I ONLY use it to check trailer wheels for brake sticking, and sometimes my forehead if struck down with a bit of manflu. Thanks in anticipation.

I did? I did! I did. I'm sorry. I was just mimicking your posting style, which I found to be quite pretentious and funny at the same time. :D. Don't mind me, feel free to enhance your posts in any way you like (y)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The use of italics is normal and commonplace to indicate "directly quoted text or speech" and I believe that most reasonable English-language readers would understand that and hopefully accept it

Most would but it helps if you actually directly quoted text that others had written not a fabricated version of it.

Most people use the ‘+Quote’ feature available when you select text that you’d like to quote. This has the advantage of avoiding transcription errors. Perhaps you might consider using it in future.

Ian

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
What I find surprising, in all these pages discussing the potential problems of high amperage 12v systems, is that no-one has suggested moving to 24 or even 48v systems.

I suppose it's only the self-build people, who have the luxury of starting from scratch, who can specify 24v throughout.

The Australian market, which is understandingly much more off-grid oriented, appears to be moving rapidly towards 48v systems. I don't suppose it's easy finding LPG in the outback either.

Bobbejaan

Visiting Coventry
Jan 21, 2014
Middle-Of-Nowhere, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Tardis-Too
Rule 1
Most would but it helps if you actually directly quoted text that others had written not a fabricated version of it.

Most people use the ‘+Quote’ feature available when you select text that you’d like to quote. This has the advantage of avoiding transcription errors. Perhaps you might consider using it in future.

Ian

You mean like I did here in our first interaction post >>>

And also in our second interaction post here >>>

I would be grateful if you would kindly point out where I have supposedly created your alleged "fabricated versions" of your actual statements and words in those original posts & quotes as I still cannot see where I supposedly "fabricated" the text therein .... And IF I have indeed "fabricated" that text as you claim, I would be more than happy to apologise, but IF NOT, kindly wind your neck back in.

Cheers, Bob

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
What I find surprising, in all these pages discussing the potential problems of high amperage 12v systems, is that no-one has suggested moving to 24 or even 48v systems.

I suppose it's only the self-build people, who have the luxury of starting from scratch, who can specify 24v throughout.

The Australian market, which is understandingly much more off-grid oriented, appears to be moving rapidly towards 48v systems. I don't suppose it's easy finding LPG in the outback either.
I am surprised that the likes of MORELO, Concorde, Phoenix etc who build on truck chassis don’t do this as the basic chassis is running at 24v already so seems to make sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i know of a business who arent far off introducing a 48v camper .... no idea what spec the camper itself has, but a little birdie told me it was a 48v electrical install ...

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I would be grateful if you would kindly point out where I have supposedly created your alleged "fabricated versions" of your actual statements and words in those original posts & quotes as I still cannot see where I supposedly "fabricated" the text therein
As I have previously pointed out to you (post #93) the following quote is not attributable to me:

"regularly scan all YOUR vehicle's wiring with an "infrared temperature gun" in case of developing issues"

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back