Wandering again, this time in France (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
This morning we did a French food and wine shop and then headed to the tunnel. We got there a couple of hours before our train and they sent us straight to check in, yippee we were so pleased. Straight through French customs but then we ground to a halt.

U.K. passport control was dreadful, it was taking 2 to 7 minutes per vehicle, on average 25 an hour. No where near enough to process the number of vehicles for the number of trains. In the end we caught the train we booked, had we arrived any later we would have missed it. Claire is now driving on the M25 rattling along in heavy traffic while looking at the litter. The comparison with France is so stark and frankly a little depressing. Let’s s hope things are going to ‘change’ now there has been an election. Oh well back in Europe in a couple of months.

IMG_2695.jpeg

That’s the end of our wanderings for now hope they have been worth reading. We go to Spain and Portugal for a month in September might do another one if people think it’s worthwhile.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
thank you for your account of your travels think we need a bit of france next year
After travelling elsewhere for a couple of years we had forgotten how nice it is. Despite going to France for too many years to count there still seems to be lots of new places to visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Cracking journal and some super photos. It really has been a pleasure to be taken along and you have provided us with loads of ideas for our next trip. Thank you for taking the time. Until September, À bientôt or rather Hasta luego!
Thank you, I will post for tips in Portugal nearer the time.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Lovely photos. I do enjoy following the tours on here. As a family we are hopeless at remembering to take photos so it’s lovely to see others!

It’s interesting what you said about the tunnel. I’ve just been on the Eurostar for the first time. Both directions the French were superefficient but the UK bits not. The French bit going out you still had UK passport holders in with EU, and Swiss etc but with a couple of desks for stamping passports. The UK bit going out had 6 automatic gates for EU passport holders and only one for UK plus rest of world that we had to use. It was a crush and that’s before the schools break up! Most bizarre.

OP
OP
Wanders from Glos
Sep 7, 2017
Funster No
Lovely photos. I do enjoy following the tours on here. As a family we are hopeless at remembering to take photos so it’s lovely to see others!

It’s interesting what you said about the tunnel. I’ve just been on the Eurostar for the first time. Both directions the French were superefficient but the UK bits not. The French bit going out you still had UK passport holders in with EU, and Swiss etc but with a couple of desks for stamping passports. The UK bit going out had 6 automatic gates for EU passport holders and only one for UK plus rest of world that we had to use. It was a crush and that’s before the schools break up! Most bizarre.
Exactly the same as our experience. It has made us rethink using the tunnel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back