Viruses on motorhome related apps? (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I was chatting with a Customer Services bod from Halifax bank as I was trying to do set up an app for their banking. He told me that their system detected that their system detected that my mobile phone was infected with a virus. While the virus wasn't bad enough to stop the app activity, he suggested that I did a virus scan. I normally use the free version of AVG to monitor my phone but installed a new app called Antivirus and Virus Cleaner Lock.

This AV found 5 apps infected with viruses including Park4Night and FillLPG - Park4 has Android.WIN32.Hiddad.fi (which gives 5* reviews) and Fill has Trojan.Malware.300983.susgen which appears to be more serious.

Has anyone else found these malwares with these apps?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just downloaded the app you used and scanned my old phone which had one warning against 'Get Altitude' so I've removed it.

On my new phone it didn't like 'Mi Remote' so I've uninstalled that.

The antivirus app though is full of crappy adverts so I'm gonna look for a better one.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Interesting. But I'm intrigued about what access or permissions you had granted your bank in order for them to be able to scan your phone for malware / viruses? I'd be very uncomfortable with that. It definitely was your bank that you were chatting to??
It was the Halifax app. I'll have a look at the settings to identify the permissions. Yes, definitely the bank.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Interesting. But I'm intrigued about what access or permissions you had granted your bank in order for them to be able to scan your phone for malware / viruses? I'd be very uncomfortable with that. It definitely was your bank that you were chatting to??
Fairly standard.

My previous company (not a bank, but a company that took It security seriously) did this for all phones used by staff.
If anyone had a virus on personal phone or tablet or laptop that they bought into the office, then IT would be touch within a couple of minutes.

Same applied to guests and visitors, although it depended on who they were and what they were doing if they were told or not.

I remember it included a very surprised aircon engineer who had his head in the ceiling showing colleagues remotely via video of a problem when told to switch off his phone and get it to IT now for a fix (for free)

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Has anyone else scanned their phone with FillLPG and Park4Night installed and found the same viruses? I'm curious why these two apps are virus infected on my phone but, so far, not on other (android) phones.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Paid for version of AVG. A full scan just now found nothing new but I do have these...:unsure:
Screenshot_20221008-054346_AVG AntiVirus.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Just installed Park4nite on my phone and did a Norton 360 scan, but it found no viruses or malware.
Why would Halifax bank be scanning your phone for malware? Are you sure that you are not being subjected to a scam to get you to install some other infected software?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Has anyone else scanned their phone with FillLPG and Park4Night installed and found the same viruses? I'm curious why these two apps are virus infected on my phone but, so far, not on other (android) phones.
I've just installed the same antivirus software and run it. It didn't find anything on Park4Night but did find what it said was a virus on SwiftKeyboard. I don't have FillLPG.

But it has very irritating "adverts" which try hard to trick you into installing more software so I've now deleted it.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I use Bitdefender on my phone, Laptop and Desktop PCs. It scans my phone regularly and also checks every App I install, and also every time any App updates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've just installed the same antivirus software and run it. It didn't find anything on Park4Night but did find what it said was a virus on SwiftKeyboard. I don't have FillLPG.

But it has very irritating "adverts" which try hard to trick you into installing more software so I've now deleted it.
Curious. I use SwiftKey as well - the AV did not detect any issues with that.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Just installed Park4nite on my phone and did a Norton 360 scan, but it found no viruses or malware.
Why would Halifax bank be scanning your phone for malware? Are you sure that you are not being subjected to a scam to get you to install some other infected software?
I was reporting a lost credit card and phoned their number. The CS person was helping me install the app as it gives more options about cards than he could. I had downloaded the app previously but had had issues with it. He had access to my account and told me when the card had last been used (which was when I expected). As I completed the installation, he said that their security system flagged up that my phone was infected with a virus - one that wasn't serious enough to prevent the app from working but might be of concern. He mentioned tech stuff that went over my head suggesting that I might be OK with just using the free version of AVG and didn't direct me to any AV, he just suggested I consider a different AV system to scan my phone.

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Android has a built in antimalware through google play protect which scans devices and also the apps in the playstore.

If your not side loading apps and are on latest security updates for android then in all honesty you should be fine. Its not perfect, as that would be impossible but i think its better than pretty much any add on av out there as googles play protect has access to billions of devices and apps for AI learning..

Bare in mind that most anti malware/virus scanner apps will give you false positives and it will differ between phones, on different releases of android, eapecially older ones which may not be getting the regular updates etc. (As appears to be shown in this thread)

Its worth reasearching each find separately before doing anything drastic!!

Plus, free av is more about ad revenues and subscriptions..what better way to get subscriptions than tell you your phone's infected with malware...

As an experiment, and as i have P4N app so can use that as the marker given this thread, i tried 5 different av apps and all gave different results..only one flagged it

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

Never scanned my phone for viruses - ever. Never had any problems related to my phone either.

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Never scanned my phone for viruses - ever. Never had any problems related to my phone either.
Apple or Android phone and how do you know that you have not had problems without scanning your phone? I didn't know that I had malware on my phone until Halifax's system flagged it up.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Apple or Android phone and how do you know that you have not had problems without scanning your phone? I didn't know that I had malware on my phone until Halifax's system flagged it up.

Android. By saying I haven't had problems I mean the phone works without any issues and I haven't had my banking apps, emails whatapp security compromised. (So far - but it's been ok for 5 years )

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Android. By saying I haven't had problems I mean the phone works without any issues and I haven't had my banking apps, emails whatapp security compromised. (So far - but it's been ok for 5 years )
I've had my current phone for 3 yrs and Android for 15 yrs and not known that I've had many issues, even though I use a free AV and scan occasionally. My AV didn't report the two apps as being infected but the new AV did. I would recommend scanning devices connected to the Internet even if you don't think that you have malware.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know very little about apps and viruses, but from my point of view,I would say it's your phone that has the virus not the whole app, and it just shows up on your A v thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back