Very Urgent - New Adria Matrix 670 Power Outage (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Is there anyone on site with a multi-meter you could borrow?

Where in southern Spain are you? We are just over the border in Tavira, Portugal. I have a multi-meter and if you are not far from the border, I can jump on the bike and head towards the border if that would help?
Wow, amazing. We are on Isla Cristina, but that’s still 23 miles away.

There aren’t many Brits on this site, but I will ask around today to see if I can borrow one. There is an amazing Chinese bazaar nearby that will probably sell multimeters, as they sell pretty much everything, but they’re shut today. I’ll go there tomorrow.

If I can’t buy or borrow one, perhaps we can meet up as we’re passing Tavira on Wednesday. Thanks so much for your kind offer.

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
"Unfortunately, most shops are shut on Sundays in Spain, but I can get a multimeter tomorrow. Are there any specs that I should look out for when buying one?"

LeRoyMerlin in Cartagena is open till 2200hrs Sundays; others may be too .....

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Wow, amazing. We are on Isla Cristina, but that’s still 23 miles away.

There aren’t many Brits on this site, but I will ask around today to see if I can borrow one. There is an amazing Chinese bazaar nearby that will probably sell multimeters, as they sell pretty much everything, but they’re shut today. I’ll go there tomorrow.

If I can’t buy or borrow one, perhaps we can meet up as we’re passing Tavira on Wednesday. Thanks so much for your kind offer.
I can be on the bike in 30 mins and head your way with the Multi-meter, no problem - Could be with you by noonish.

I will drop you a PM with my mobile so you can call to discuss - BTW, I am Dave :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
I can be on the bike in 30 mins and head your way with the Multi-meter, no problem - Could be with you by noonish.

I will drop you a PM with my mobile so you can call to discuss - BTW, I am Dave :giggle:
That’s so generous. Thank you 😀👍

However, I’ve been asking around and one of the staff have one I will be able to borrow when they are on duty later today.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
That’s so generous. Thank you 😀👍

However, I’ve been asking around and one of the staff have one I will be able to borrow when they are on duty later today.
Just a thought, if you are coming towards Tavira and possibly onwards and get no joy today, may I suggest you contact Tommy or Gabrielle at Camperserv in Loule (https://www.camperserv.com/en/)? They just fixed my skylight, did a great job and really cheap compared to the UK!

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Just a thought, if you are coming towards Tavira and possibly onwards and get no joy today, may I suggest you contact Tommy or Gabrielle at Camperserv in Loule (https://www.camperserv.com/en/)? They just fixed my skylight, did a great job and really cheap compared to the UK!
Many thanks for sending your mobile number. The camp tech is here soon, so I’ll ask him about borrowing his multimeter.

Thanks, too, for those contact details for camperserve. I might contact them anyway about some of our other problems,

I’ve got our van booked in with Highbridge to sort out these issues, but they want the van for at least a week, so it might be easier to pay Tommy or Gabrielle rather than spend the next five weeks without lights and a pulsating water system.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Many thanks for sending your mobile number. The camp tech is here soon, so I’ll ask him about borrowing his multimeter.

Thanks, too, for those contact details for camperserve. I might contact them anyway about some of our other problems,

I’ve got our van booked in with Highbridge to sort out these issues, but they want the van for at least a week, so it might be easier to pay Tommy or Gabrielle rather than spend the next five weeks without lights and a pulsating water system.

Sounds like a great idea!

If I can help in any way, just give me a shout.

What other issues do you have?

Good luck with it all

Reactions: CRD
Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
If you can find one where you are or can get it delivered I can recommend the Uni T UT210E or 210D, quite a few of us have these the 210E can measure low dc currents which can be handy for parasitic drains.

UNI-T UT210E Mini Digital Clamp Meter 100A AC DC Current Voltage True RMS Pliers Ammeter Resistance, Capacitance, Diode Tester Multimeter with Alligator Clip https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BX5M4928?tag=mhf04-21

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Sounds like a great idea!

If I can help in any way, just give me a shout.

What other issues do you have?

Good luck with it all

Other then this power outage, these are the main issues at the moment:

We’d have to make sure that our warranty isn’t invalidated if Tommy or Gabrielle do the work, though.

BTW, I've just been hearing what a great place Trevira is 😀

Islas Cristina is a great place too. There’s the big send off procession for the El Rocío pilgrimage tomorrow, which should be amazing.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Other then this power outage, these are the main issues at the moment:

We’d have to make sure that our warranty isn’t invalidated if Tommy or Gabrielle do the work, though.

BTW, I've just been hearing what a great place Trevira is 😀

Islas Cristina is a great place too. There’s the big send off procession for the El Rocío pilgrimage tomorrow, which should be amazing.
Wow, I am sorry you are having such issues. Lets hope you can get them fixed ASAP

We are at Camping Ria Formosa, Cabanas de Tavira and it is very pleasant. Always nice to have a pool on hotter days

Enjoy your procession and send off tomorrow

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
Do you have an NE LCD control panel?

If so, has the lighting circuit been inadvertently switched off on it?

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Did you manage to get the multi meter? Did it show up anything for you?
I tested the fuses with the borrowed multi meter and all were ok. I don’t know enough about the electrics to diagnose the fault any further, so we have decided to live without the lights until Highbridge can spend their time getting it fixed. They can also spend time diagnosing and fixing the other faults at the same time.

Luckily, it is light late in the evenings down here!

I was under the mistaken impression that Adria’s had good build quality, but these issues and the big water leak that we had on our first night in France, show the perils of buying a new MH, particularly if there is a long trip planned soon after receiving it.

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Do you have an NE LCD control panel?

If so, has the lighting circuit been inadvertently switched off on it?
We have an Adria control panel, and I have checked that the lighting circuit is switched on. The control panel had reset to defaults (lighting off) after the power failure, so I ensured that everything was switched back on.

Oct 18, 2021
Mid Devon
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC
Exp
Camping since 1954, MoHo 2022
We have an Adria control panel, and I have checked that the lighting circuit is switched on. The control panel had reset to defaults (lighting off) after the power failure, so I ensured that everything was switched back on.

Okay, grasping at straws this end but our Adria, Compact not Matrix, has a switch by the bed that turns off all the lights. Do you have something similar maybe?

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Okay, grasping at straws this end but our Adria, Compact not Matrix, has a switch by the bed that turns off all the lights. Do you have something similar maybe?
Yep, there are two switches that work that way, and two others in the lounge area, but none of them work at the moment.

That is a good suggestion, though. Thank you.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I tested the fuses with the borrowed multi meter and all were ok. I don’t know enough about the electrics to diagnose the fault any further, so we have decided to live without the lights until Highbridge can spend their time getting it fixed.
Interim solution? :unsure:
1715583830184.png

Ah, the good old days!

Hope you get finally sorted on your return.(y)

• Funny
Reactions: CRD

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A long shot I sorted out a friend's Sonic when the lighting failed.

In the corner of the locker above the kitchen there was an L shaped panel behind it there was a Push-on terminal strip that all the negative wires connected to. On wire which I think was the main feed the Push-on connector was lose a tweak with a pair of pliers all sorted.
Maybe worth a look.

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Thanks for this suggestion, Lenny HB. There seems to be a similar panel in our cupboard.

I haven’t got time now to remove it to see what’s behind it, but I will do later.

IMG_4954.jpeg

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Glad you found a multimeter! Did the leisure battery have a good healthy voltage (depending on type)?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back