Very Urgent - New Adria Matrix 670 Power Outage (1 Viewer)

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Our new Adria Matrix 670 has a major power outage.

We are currently on EHU but the NE 350 is displaying an amber light, not the usual green.

Nothing on the 12v circuits work

The fridge won’t turn back on so we can’t switch it to gas

When I take it off EHU, nothing works at all.

I’ve checked the circuit breakers and they are all fine.

We are currently in the South of Spain, so if you know of a way to fix this, I’d be really grateful.

TIA

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2471.jpeg

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you unplug the hook up and start the engine, do your 12 volt things (lights, pump etc) work?

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
If you unplug the hook up and start the engine, do your 12 volt things (lights, pump etc) work?
Hi Eddie. Thanks so much for picking up on this so quickly.

I’ve taken it off EHU and started the engine, but nothing on the 12v side worked.

I noticed that the Adria control panel had reset so when I turned that back on, when on EHU, everything on the 240v side, including the fridge works, so at least we have a fridge when on EHU. Nothing on the 12v side works, however.

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
edit, sorry misread your post

Lenny asked about the main fuse, if that’s intact long range diagnostic guess is your battery has failed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I’ve just edited my last post

I suspect your battery has failed

If it were the charger, starting the engine would have given some sign of life

Do you have a multimeter

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
edit, sorry misread your post

Lenny asked about the main fuse, if that’s intact long range diagnostic guess is your battery has failed
I wrote that post incorrectly and edited it.

In summary

All the 240v works correctly

No 12v functionality with engine running or not.

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
I don’t have a multi meter, unfortunately. I could buy one tomorrow though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Pull that fuse out and check it's making good contact also a visual check is not always good enough with a blade fuse it's best to check with a meter (I know you said you haven't got one yet).

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
You haven’t knocked a battery master switch off by accident have you?
No, it is turned on.

IMG_4953.jpeg

Thinking about it, last night one of the 12v lighting circuits failed. I thought one of the 12v bulbs had blown. It was when we turned another 12v light on this morning that we had this complete failure of the 12v system, with the amber light displayed on the NE350.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
eddie is the expert here and I’d strongly echo his recommendation to carry a multimeter. Better still, get one with a clamp meter on it, so you can easily see if current is flowing or not. Diagnosis will be soooo much easier if you can take some readings, starting with the leisure battery.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
No, it is turned on.

View attachment 896186

Thinking about it, last night one of the 12v lighting circuits failed. I thought one of the 12v bulbs had blown. It was when we turned another 12v light on this morning that we had this complete failure of the 12v system, with the amber light displayed on the NE350.
Try off and on, just in case 🤞🏼

what does the instruction book say “amber” means?

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
eddie is the expert here and I’d strongly echo his recommendation to carry a multimeter. Better still, get one with a clamp meter on it, so you can easily see if current is flowing or not. Diagnosis will be soooo much easier if you can take some readings, starting with the leisure battery.
I’m very grateful that Eddie, and everyone else, is engaging with this. I am a long term VanBitz customer and know how knowledgeable Eddie is. We’re all fortunate that he is willing to help us on the forum.

When I posted the first post, it looked like we had a complete power outage, but as it is only limited to the 12v system, at least the fridge works along with the rest of the 240v systems, so we can continue with the rest of our trip in Europe.

We only collected this new MH on the 26th March and have had many issues already, some serious like this outage.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
One other thought if/when you manage to buy or borrow a multimeter: I’ve known fuses which looked absolutely fine, but were actually duff because of a hairline break. You can only know for sure by testing for continuity across the fuse.

I hope I’m not teaching anyone to suck eggs by saying that to do this, you select the resistance-testing function (it might have the Greek symbol for ohms, like an upside-down horseshoe) and then put your red and black sensor leads, one on each of the terminals of the fuse.

It does sound just like a blown fuse on the 12v side though..I don’t suppose you have a spare that you could substitute temporarily?

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
Try off and on, just in case 🤞🏼

what does the instruction book say “amber” means?
I tried turning it off and on, but no change.

Unfortunately, there is no mention of the amber light in the manual. It just says “if the 12v control indicator is not green, the 12v supply is switched off”

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
at least the fridge works along with the rest of the 240v systems
When the ignition is switched on, there’s a signal circuit called D+ which should tell the fridge to switch to 12v, but the 12v supply should then usually come from the engine battery, not the leisure.

You should have 12v to the fridge when your engine is running!

If you don’t, I wonder whether the fridge has been configured to run its 12v supply from the leisure battery, which has been wiped out as a result? If the D+ isn’t being triggered by the ignition switch, I also wonder whether it’s incorrectly wired to the leisure and is therefore constantly “on”, which would prevent your fridge from switching over to gas?

All this is supposition though. Glad you’re able to function on EHU in the mean time.

• Informative
Reactions: CRD
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
It does sound just like a blown fuse on the 12v side though..I don’t suppose you have a spare that you could substitute temporarily?
There are three fuses for the lighting circuits on the NE350. I have got a load of spare fuses for those, so I will replace all three now, just in case one blew last night and is tripping out the whole 12v system.

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
There are three fuses for the lighting circuits on the NE350. I have got a load of spare fuses for those, so I will replace all three now, just in case one blew last night and is tripping out the whole 12v system.
I’d still suspect the main battery fuse. Is there a DIY superstore open where you might get a multimeter?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is a Fiat Ducato 6m Hymer Free 600. So a PVC

When I posted the first post, it looked like we had a complete power outage, but as it is only limited to the 12v system, at least the fridge works along with the rest of the 240v systems, so we can continue with the rest of our trip in Europe.
If there is no 12v for the fridge control circuit the fridge won't work at all, so if sounds like just some of your 12v circuits are out not all of them.

Reactions: CRD
OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
I’d still suspect the main battery fuse. Is there a DIY superstore open where you might get a multimeter?
Unfortunately, most shops are shut on Sundays in Spain, but I can get a multimeter tomorrow. Are there any specs that I should look out for when buying one?

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
Unfortunately, most shops are shut on Sundays in Spain, but I can get a multimeter tomorrow. Are there any specs that I should look out for when buying one?
Is there anyone on site with a multi-meter you could borrow?

Where in southern Spain are you? We are just over the border in Tavira, Portugal. I have a multi-meter and if you are not far from the border, I can jump on the bike and head towards the border if that would help?

OP
OP
C

CRD

Apr 15, 2021
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670 DL
Exp
3 Years
If there is no 12v for the fridge control circuit the fridge won't work at all, so if sounds like just some of your 12v circuits are out not all of them.
i think you are right. I changed all three lighting circuit fuses, but it didn’t make a difference.

None of the lighting circuits work, though the water pump works, the fridge works and the mains sockets work when on EHU. The 12v USB sockets don’t work at all, either.

When the engine is running, the fridge switches to 12v

So, even though we don’t have any hab lights at all, we can get by until I get it back to the dealer to fix the long list of issues.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Is the pump working?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!