Using the toilet.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
As you are probably aware, I am a complete newbie to the motorhome life. So I have a question - how do you use the toilet? This may seem strange to the experts, but having never used a chemical toilet I really do not know how it works. Do you just do what you need to do and flush? Taking into account the limited amount of water you have and the limited capacity of the cassette, I can imagine this is not the case. So please enlighten me.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If you want to make the period between emptying don’t put toilet paper into the cassette. I, and a few others I know put all paper into dog poo bags and dispose of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barriesimpson
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
If you want to make the period between emptying don’t put toilet paper into the cassette. I, and a few others I know put all paper into dog poo bags and dispose of them.
I really want to avoid having a bag for the paper to be honest, but thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
If Im about to do a number 2 I actually line the bowl with single pieces of toilet roll, it tends to stop the bowl being stained and reduces the amount of cleaning of the bowl after, when I feel it's coming to an end, I open the latch and let it all slide down accompanied by a quick flush of water. Don't leave it too long though before opening the latch .....it has become a fine art getting it just right ..

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Barriesimpson
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
If Im about to do a number 2 I actually line the bowl with single pieces of toilet roll, it tends to stop the bowl being stained and reduces the amount of cleaning of the bowl after, when I feel it's coming to an end, I open the latch and let it all slide down accompanied by a quick flush of water. Don't leave it too long though before opening the latch .....it has become a fine art getting it just right ..
That makes sense MisterB, thank you.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
with a bit of practice you can get a bullseye .. ..no mess on the bowl ..

Bullseye GIF by Keith Urban

Upvote 0

Bolti

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido V43
Exp
Since 2015
Too much information

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Cut out the middle man, just sh*t in the bag :rofl:
I went into my GP surgery once to deliver a “sample”.

I had discretely secreted the sample thing in a Tesco bag.

I called in at the surgery and the ugly grumpy old bag of a receptionist upon being told what I was dropping off said “ Well I hope it’s sealed”

I walked away thinking I wish I had said “ No, I just shat straight into the Tesco bag”

:mad:

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We use ours as normal house toilets but try not to use too much bog paper. 2 sheets to wipe 1 sheet to polish 😎 the army way.
I only use bio washing liquid either sachet or small amount.
It works great for us.
Phil upmecassette 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I went into my GP surgery once to deliver a “sample”.

I had discretely secreted the sample thing in a Tesco bag.

I called in at the surgery and the ugly grumpy old bag of a receptionist upon being told what I was dropping off said “ Well I hope it’s sealed”

I walked away thinking I wish I had said “ No, I just shat straight into the Tesco bag”

:mad:
A Tesco bag ! how big a sample did you give :eek: ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Barriesimpson
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Giottiline Toscan 74
Exp
We use ours as normal house toilets but try not to use too much bog paper. 2 sheets to wipe 1 sheet to polish 😎 the army way.
I only use bio washing liquid either sachet or small amount.
It works great for us.
Phil upmecassette 👍
I was never in the army, so only 2 sheets seems impossible as we speak. However, I'm willing to learn what needs to be learnt, so thank you for your input.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back