Truma CP plus lost icons on control panel. (1 Viewer)

Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
A friend has a new truma heater that runs off electric and diesel. He is still getting to know how to use it and in the process lost the top icons on his CP plus control panel. He does have the clock and spanner icons in the bottom right corner. I tried doing a factory reset but nothing happened. Any clues how to get the icons back would be much appreciated.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have one. If our heating and water is off, there are no icons showing on the top. Once you set the heating or water on, the icons will appear at the top.

Heating and hot water off
1E67FD9A-CE36-45DD-AD83-C8E26FA74D03.jpeg

heating and hot water on
AF102A20-C4B4-45E1-8276-0377A94DDB1B.jpeg

OP
OP
Jurrasic
Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Thanks for reply. He has no icons at all apart from the clock and spanner so nothing to scroll on to ,so cannot change settings for temp.electric and fan etc.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
A friend has a new truma heater that runs off electric and diesel. He is still getting to know how to use it and in the process lost the top icons on his CP plus control panel. He does have the clock and spanner icons in the bottom right corner. I tried doing a factory reset but nothing happened. Any clues how to get the icons back would be much appreciated.
Why don't you suggest he join fun and can see replies for himself?

OP
OP
Jurrasic
Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
The guy is elderly and has terminal cancer and not computer literate so I am trying to help a fellow motorhomer. Sad day when you cannot help someone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jurrasic
Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Thanks Allanm, I will study it and hopefully it will provide a solution. Cheers

mgilbert

Free Member
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey persuit
To conclude. The fuse had blown as the van converter had apparently fitted the wrong size fuse. Fuse replaced and all ok. Thanks all.
Hi I appreciate its been a while since you posted this but I have exactly the same problem on a truma combi 2e boiler electric and gas I only have clock and offset function on the controller screen if you don't mind me asking what fuse did you change

OP
OP
Jurrasic
Sep 13, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2017
Hi I appreciate its been a while since you posted this but I have exactly the same problem on a truma combi 2e boiler electric and gas I only have clock and offset function on the controller screen if you don't mind me asking what fuse did you change
Unfortunately my friend passed away as a result of his terminal cancer and unfortunately I do not know which actual fuse blew. Sorry I cannot help more.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
As Allanm says the top row of icons disappears when everything is off but you should be able to select from the lower row as shown in his pictures. However I had a similar problem as your friend when my unit was new. The fault was simply that the rotary control knob had slipped too far down the shaft of the controller and this was stopping the push function from selecting anything. Having pulled the knob off the shaft I found all the functions returned to normal, I then put the knob back carefully making sure it was not too far down the shaft. If I push the button too hard it sometimes repeats the problem, I have learned to live with it.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
There is a fuse behind panel. It is accessible by removing the screw at the top/bottom and just pulling away. The fuse is a glass one directly fitted into the panel itself.... Kev did ours a little while ago. It was undersized too🙄

Carolyn

mgilbert

Free Member
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bailey persuit
Thanks all for the advice its much appreciated. Ive checked the 12 v and 240 v fuse in the boiler itself and they are both ok. Ill check to see if the fuse behind the control panel is blown.

PRW

Feb 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
AS WarwickXL
Thanks all for the advice its much appreciated. Ive checked the 12 v and 240 v fuse in the boiler itself and they are both ok. Ill check to see if the fuse behind the control panel is blown.
Hi, Did you manage to find out the cause of the issue as I have a very similar problem at the moment where only the timer and spanner icon are showing on the Truma Control Panel?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi, Did you manage to find out the cause of the issue as I have a very similar problem at the moment where only the timer and spanner icon are showing on the Truma Control Panel?
See posts #8 & 10

Mar 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Solis
Already have which is why I posted the question to the last post.
I’m in the same boat - the furnace wasn’t turning on, so I did a “reset” on the panel, and now I only have the wrench and clock icons on the bottom. The rotary button is not stuck, and I don’t have any blown fuses on either the control panel or the main fuse box in the coach. It’s like the control panel lost synch to the boiler or something.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
bpitas If your unit is a Truma combi boiler with a CPplus control there should be a reset button , under the wiring cover on the boiler, next to a LED (possible flashing) . try pressing it for 5 seconds to reset the link from the boiler to the control (This is for a gas combi but may be the same for a diesel version)

Last edited:
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Well, now im about to go out for 2 nights and Im getting the same, ie just the spanner and clock, nothing else and no lights on the truma at all, ie not even a flashing red led to reset?:-(

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
We had exactly this problem a month ago in Spain. There is a thread here I instigated with the solution. If you only have the clock and the spanner icons there is a communication problem between the control panel and the boiler. Either the comms cable or, as it was in our case, a fuse on the PSU. Hope you get sorted.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Have you tried the appliance search procedure? When I installed my iNet box I discovered that the control panel does not automatically connect to new devices on the network and needs to be set to discover them. If your control panel has somehow forgotten it’s connection to the boiler it might need to reconfigure the network. This is the procedure.
4A8A0474-7EFA-4010-A8EC-D3B703FD6C7E.jpeg

Mar 27, 2022
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Solis
bpitas If your unit is a Truma combi boiler with a CPplus control there should be a reset button , under the wiring cover on the boiler, next to a LED (possible flashing) . try pressing it for 5 seconds to reset the link from the boiler to the control (This is for a gas combi but may be the same for a diesel version)

Thanks for the reply! On mine, I think the issue is that the boiler is not getting power or something, even though the main power wires test out as having 12VDC+ whether the coach 12vdc is turned on or not. I do not see any of the LEDs on the Combi's PCB lit up or blinking, although I have seen them blinking when the unit mysteriously started working (temporarily) again after driving it to a restaurant. I checked the glass fuse on the PCB and it had continuity.

I have the Combi Eco, in a 2021 Winnebago Solis 59PX, and it does not seem to have the reset button (brown or otherwise) in the same location outlined by the videos, or anywhere else that I can see. Here are some pictures of the area on the PCB close to where the reset switch seems to be on the other models of Combi. In the video above, the reset switch was pretty clearly labeled on the PCB, but I can't find any sign of it on the visible portion of the board on the boiler.

Fuse location
evyI3B5.jpg

LED location - in video above, reset switch is to left of LEDs, but I can't find anything on the PCB that looks like a reset switch.
tQrZA1A.jpg

Also doesn't appear to be between the LEDs and where the control cable goes into the PCB.
KZVUaJu.jpg

Given that the W255H error message is listed as being either a loss of comms between the control panel and the boiler, or a loss of 12vdc to the boiler, I also went through the exercise of checking the continuity of all of the contacts on the RJ45 control cable, in case there was a bad connection or broken wire somewhere in the middle, and I had connectivity on all of the wires as far as I could tell. Since I couldn't reach both at the same time, my 8 year old daughter was calling out colors down below and I was matching the color up above, and we heard a tone on all of them, so I don't think it's the control wire, although it could be an intermittent connection in a plug or something.

I'm at the point where I called the dealership (since we just bought the thing and it hasn't had its first trip yet!) but I'm kind of bummed that I couldn't fix it since I cringe at thinking how long it's going to take for the dealership to fix it.

If anyone has any other ideas please share!

As I mentioned above, after I had spent a ton of time troubleshooting one day, that night we decided to take the van to a local restaurant to have dinner, and the next day when I tried it, it mysteriously worked - resetting the panel allowed it to find the boiler, and the boiler started up normally and ran for a while. I had gone through the same reset steps probably a dozen times the day before with no luck. But after a while of it running correctly, I noticed the air was no longer hot coming out of the vents, and the control panel become unresponsive when I tried to change temperatures or fan speed. I tried to reset the control panel again, and it went back to the only two icons being the spanner and the clock, so it lost connectivity again. The LEDs on the boiler were all off too.

So I'm wondering if it's:
  1. A lose connection somewhere on the boiler itself that got "fixed" due to the bumps from driving the van, or
  2. A voltage regulation/sensitivity issue where the 12vdc the Combi gets when the van isn't started isn't sufficient to keep the boiler alive, but driving it gives it enough alternator-enhanced voltage to wake it back up until the next time it runs for a while, and maybe perceives an under-voltage.
Either way it's something I think the dealership is going to have to fix, unless someone has run into this sort of situation previously and can help me avoid a trip to the service department!

-B

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
yes and yes :-/

Gonna leave it to reset overnight and see what tomorrow brings.

Well, after turning it all off and leaving overnight, but yesterday morning turned all on again and seems to be working now, thats with the inet remote box etc all disconnected which i think ill sell on.

Apr 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Thanks for the reply! On mine, I think the issue is that the boiler is not getting power or something, even though the main power wires test out as having 12VDC+ whether the coach 12vdc is turned on or not. I do not see any of the LEDs on the Combi's PCB lit up or blinking, although I have seen them blinking when the unit mysteriously started working (temporarily) again after driving it to a restaurant. I checked the glass fuse on the PCB and it had continuity.

I have the Combi Eco, in a 2021 Winnebago Solis 59PX, and it does not seem to have the reset button (brown or otherwise) in the same location outlined by the videos, or anywhere else that I can see. Here are some pictures of the area on the PCB close to where the reset switch seems to be on the other models of Combi. In the video above, the reset switch was pretty clearly labeled on the PCB, but I can't find any sign of it on the visible portion of the board on the boiler.

Fuse location
evyI3B5.jpg

LED location - in video above, reset switch is to left of LEDs, but I can't find anything on the PCB that looks like a reset switch.
tQrZA1A.jpg

Also doesn't appear to be between the LEDs and where the control cable goes into the PCB.
KZVUaJu.jpg

Given that the W255H error message is listed as being either a loss of comms between the control panel and the boiler, or a loss of 12vdc to the boiler, I also went through the exercise of checking the continuity of all of the contacts on the RJ45 control cable, in case there was a bad connection or broken wire somewhere in the middle, and I had connectivity on all of the wires as far as I could tell. Since I couldn't reach both at the same time, my 8 year old daughter was calling out colors down below and I was matching the color up above, and we heard a tone on all of them, so I don't think it's the control wire, although it could be an intermittent connection in a plug or something.

I'm at the point where I called the dealership (since we just bought the thing and it hasn't had its first trip yet!) but I'm kind of bummed that I couldn't fix it since I cringe at thinking how long it's going to take for the dealership to fix it.

If anyone has any other ideas please share!

As I mentioned above, after I had spent a ton of time troubleshooting one day, that night we decided to take the van to a local restaurant to have dinner, and the next day when I tried it, it mysteriously worked - resetting the panel allowed it to find the boiler, and the boiler started up normally and ran for a while. I had gone through the same reset steps probably a dozen times the day before with no luck. But after a while of it running correctly, I noticed the air was no longer hot coming out of the vents, and the control panel become unresponsive when I tried to change temperatures or fan speed. I tried to reset the control panel again, and it went back to the only two icons being the spanner and the clock, so it lost connectivity again. The LEDs on the boiler were all off too.

So I'm wondering if it's:
  1. A lose connection somewhere on the boiler itself that got "fixed" due to the bumps from driving the van, or
  2. A voltage regulation/sensitivity issue where the 12vdc the Combi gets when the van isn't started isn't sufficient to keep the boiler alive, but driving it gives it enough alternator-enhanced voltage to wake it back up until the next time it runs for a while, and maybe perceives an under-voltage.
Either way it's something I think the dealership is going to have to fix, unless someone has run into this sort of situation previously and can help me avoid a trip to the service department!

-B
Hi, did you manage to get this sorted? I’ve got exactly the same problem at the moment. Done all the same tests as well.
Thanks Steve

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
bpitas did you manage to get your problem resolved. I have exactly the same issue as you.
The procedure shown at #19 worked for me. I got it wrong several times before finding out the importance of following the change of colour of the flashing leds shown in the video. My leds are very hard to see but I did it at night in the dark and could then see the reflected lights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back