Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
No one mentioned a head torch, I've got one that cost about £8 from ebay its led and rechargeable and you could light up Wembley stadium with it :LOL:

I hate head torches!

I've tried a couple, a really good one I had for sea fishing but, for some reason, I just cannot get on with them. I much prefer a bright, magnetised, LED that lights up the whole area and I can stick on anywhere. :giggle:

Tomorrow, (if I remember to photograph it) I will show you the original toolkit that was supplied with my 1989 VW Westfalia Camper.
It only consists of about 8 tools.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Not a tool exactly, but surprised no-one has mentioned WD4O. A slightly more sophisticated replacement for the hammer in Cyberyacht's post!

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
In addition to the tools listed above, a junior hacksaw is useful. I was able to fix a leaking coolant pipe by cutting off the leaking part beer the end of it and reattaching the pipe. I was in the Scottish Highlands, no phone signal and no passing traffic. Repair took 10 mins. It would have taken much longer for the RAC Etc to visit.

Also, a mains tester screw driver, electrical tape, jubilee clips, water pump pliers, WD40 and a lubricant are useful imho.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Perhaps the vehicle manufacturers should state which and what size fasteners are used on their products. Why do they use Philips/Pozidrive and TorqueX. Six and twelve sided fasteners on the same vehicle?

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
When I retired I had tools from work, tools in the workshop and my travel tool box from my Landrover days.
It started with a few things I might need that grew as things broke.Bailing wire, screwdrivers , pliers and a hammer is now three plastic boxes and a tool roll for a set of spanner’s in the motorhome.
It’s a good job we have the storage space and weight capacity for my locker .

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Varied from family car to one of the flatbeds.
P. S. Both came in handy when a spring broke in the car 🤣
Got us home 😳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Spare water pump (habitation). Twice I've had one fail. 1 whale and one shurflo. Without a working water pump you're stuffed.
I have carried a spare water pump for years and never needed it, the new caravan has a different type of pump and I hadn't got round to getting one when it failed on a site in Whitby. I had to go to Bridlington to get a pump. I carry a spare now ☹️

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back