May

Rally Thorpe le Soken 26th May - 2nd June 2025 and Stow Maries WW1 aerodrome - follows on from The Bash (8 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Hi David
Can I please be added to the list for Thorpe (only)
I am still getting LPG aggro from the fridge so can I have EHU as well
Thx
John

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
For me £25 a night per unit has to be an absolute maximum given it's pitch with limited facilities. Cost is only softened by the inclusive museum tour. After all I've been paying less than £10 for grass pitch on C&CC sites this summer (no ehu but has good toilet / shower block), making for one person some of the THS costly.

I do wonder if the museum's staffing need apparently 24 hours on site is part of the issue? They might have some concerns but perhaps out of hours when we shouldn't have access to anything other than our pitch area, all they need is someone on call, which they probably maintain already when shut in case of emergency.

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
For me £25 a night per unit has to be an absolute maximum given it's pitch with limited facilities. Cost is only softened by the inclusive museum tour. After all I've been paying less than £10 for grass pitch on C&CC sites this summer (no ehu but has good toilet / shower block), making for one person some of the THS costly.

I do wonder if the museum's staffing need apparently 24 hours on site is part of the issue? They might have some concerns but perhaps out of hours when we shouldn't have access to anything other than our pitch area, all they need is someone on call, which they probably maintain already when shut in case of emergency.
i dont disagree Rob, i had originally hoped i could soften the blow for single travellers by reducing their nightly 'rate', but that just wont work now due to the limited numbers and the costs of the venue. Its definitely worth attending in my opinion especially as it will be a one off rally.
i think one of the 'problems' is that they have to apportion 20% of any monies we pay to bloody VAT, even though the museum is a charity .... and they also want to make a small profit, which is perfectly understandable

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back