LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
By chance, I spotted a 'Cuisine' sticker in a shop. It was the last one. We already have a 'Bain' sticker in the same design (courtesy of the previous owner), so I thought it might be fun to have the 'Cuisine' one, too. It was only €1.99 so not the end of the world if I chose not to actually use it. Anyway, we're away right now so I thought, while I'm sat doing nothing, I'd put it up. An easy thing, you'd think. I cleaned the wall where it was going to go, opened the pack and took out the sticker, which has two two-sided sticky pads on it. Then came the problem. It's actually mounted on a stiff piece of cardboard!! No amount of slow teasing would release the pads from the card, without the top layer of card staying stuck to the pads :mad: So, I'm now going to have to wait until I get home, to buy some sticky pads :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my 'Bain' sticker, so you know what I'm talking about :)

IMG_3883 - Copy.jpg

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Ideal! I went for the Marcle Leisure manifold with gauge instead - allows equalising both sides and/or filling one independently of the other. Although, having now installed I can see how we could easily fit a compressor and controls in the future if needed.
View attachment 895606
My 'van came with one of those on AirRide kit.
Bit puzzled - why would you want to fill one side independantly of the other?

Reactions: Les
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They have to be independently isolated . If they were interconnected when you went round a left hand corner the right bag would vent all its air into the left bag and vice versa .

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
I fitted 4 solenoid valves,2 pressure sensors and a dual digital gauge Two switches control up/ down independently..gives about 3 to 4" lift each side so a potential difference of 6 to 8 inches for levelling the van

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
They have to be independently isolated . If they were interconnected when you went round a left hand corner the right bag would vent all its air into the left bag and vice versa .
In operation yes, but I thought the comment I was responding to was about filling them independantly.
When mine need topping up I open both taps to be sure they match - so fill them together not separately (& then close the taps for driving)..

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
I fitted 4 solenoid valves,2 pressure sensors and a dual digital gauge Two switches control up/ down independently..gives about 3 to 4" lift each side so a potential difference of 6 to 8 inches for levelling the van
Ah got it. Thanks. But isn't it a bit of a faff blowing them back to level for driving?

I mean, I'd love full air suspension with automatic self levelling etc but I thought the comments were about simpler air assisters. Or maybe I presumed wrongly because that's what I have with the guage thing & two valves in the pic.

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
No operate both switches at the same time both sides fill to same pressure switches and gauge on dash)
So they're permanently connected to air source when you run the engine? I have to plug mine into a battery powered tyre pump.

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
So they're permanently connected to air source when you run the engine? I have to plug mine into a battery powered tyre pump.
Permanently connected to compressor that is switched through dash switches (when in up position) solenoid valves do the rest ( can be raised or lowered regardless of ignition on or off)

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
Permanently connected to compressor that is switched through dash switches (when in up position) solenoid valves do the rest ( can be raised or lowered regardless of ignition on or off)
Got it! Think we might put that on the long finger for sometime in future.

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
To empty the grey waste?

Scares Mrs Emmit witless when I press the button and the whole van starts to tip.
Possible, but seems a bit of faff. Do you carry a blower-upper? Maybe I'm spoilt by having a goodenough fall on the tank so it always empties well enough on level..

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I bought some yellow adhesive outdoor vinyl. I'm going to cut out several different sized stars and use them to cover up the peeled paintwork on our Fiat Ducato bonnet. A short term measure to 'pretty' it up until it gets so bad it needs a total respray. If it looks ok, I may also buy some blue and grey to match the factory applied decals. I'll upload some pics once I done it, although it won't be for a while yet :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Possible, but seems a bit of faff. Do you carry a blower-upper? Maybe I'm spoilt by having a goodenough fall on the tank so it always empties well enough on level..
No. We've got VB Full Air.
When arriving at an Aire or site, a press of the button and the van levels. It doesn't have plates to the ground.
In addition, the system can tip the van to the offside to fully drain the waste.

No faff at all..

stuartholmes

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 18, 2022
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1989
No. We've got VB Full Air.
When arriving at an Aire or site, a press of the button and the van levels. It doesn't have plates to the ground.
In addition, the system can tip the van to the offside to fully drain the waste.

No faff at all..
Cheating!!
🙂

I was thinking about oldiesontour whose system I thought we'd established was air assisters not full air.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back