Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I bought a Marcle set and fitted it meself. Piece of Pee and worked a treat.

however back to the Thread,

THIS WEEK I BOUGHT A DYSON VACUM CLEANER :moon::moon: To all those that don't agree that this is the best product on the market, my lady friends told me so :Eeek::thanks:
They must be good,,my daughter in law is on her third one in 5 years.My mother had a Hoover upright for 30 years..BUSBY.😃😃

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
MOT & full service for the Carthago including front brake pads and cleaning up rear, plus greasing Alko rear axle = £522

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 20, 2022
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 lounge
Bought 2 stainless ball valves to replace the electric dump valves that have both failed, one was new bought from seargent, has failed just outside of its warranty,easy swop to swap, no more sticking valves,easy to reach levers £17.32 for 2 stainless valves or around £150 for 2 from seargent or £230 from dealers cheap Chinese knock offs are available and appear identical to seargent/ main dealers.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Er ... welllllll .... emmmmm ... you know how we like certain things with wheels ... well ... there I was browsing the classified on Saturday when I spotted summut for sale and made the 'mistake' of telling hubby. It was only because a day earlier when we were working out front that a chap went past with one and hubby shouted out the name of it much to the chap's amusement and this got hubby thinking about having one again as he loved the one he had previously and it was only sold due to lack of use! He kept wittering on though so it was serendipitous that a classified advert popped up at the time, although our bank balance would probably disagree!

Before you ask ... no it is NOT another Smart car (although there is one for sale too but not on the forum yet and I am resisting!), but a couple of Brompton bicycles ... a green one for him and a blue one for me, my previous one was 'barbie' pink so these are little bit more subtle.

We went to collect them today (only 40 mins away) but didn't get a chance to ride them when we got home as it was hissing it down for ages ... so we've got that treat to come tomorrow ... hubby's put a bit of weight on since we last had them so should be 'interesting' to see how well he manages! :giggle:

IMG_4735.jpeg
IMG_4744.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Finally got to ride the Bromtons today - having to wait as it's been peeing it down most of the time since we got them and even when it had stopped no way were we gonna take them out and risk getting them splatted with muck off the roads! :giggle:

Getting used to the gears wasn't difficult - they aren't like normal bike ones as you have two levers, the left one is '-' & '+' and the right is gears 1, 2, & 3 ... in total they give a range of 6 levels but you need to know when to pedal and when not to as you are supposed to pedal when using '-' & '+' (derailer) but not 1, 2 & 3 (hub gears).

When changing '+' or '-' on the left = pedal
When changing: 1, 2 or 3 on the right = don't pedal (remembered by the abbreviation for 'number' being no. so 'no' pedal')

1st = - & 1
2nd = + & 1
3rd = - & 2
4th = + & 2
5th = - & 3
6th = + & 3

It's not as difficult as it seems - when you want to change up a gear, the RHS lever is pushed left, and you match it by pushing the LHS lever to the left too so it changes to '-', then when going down a gear you push the RHS lever to the right and likewise with the LHS gear push it right too ... got it! 🤪 The difficult bit is trying to decide if you should pedal or not!!! :unsure:

I shall ask questions later! :LOL:

Oh, nearly forgot, we managed fine and it was lovely riding them again, we'd forgotten just how nice they were, not everyone takes to them but we really enjoyed our little jaunt.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Bought a 200watt folding solar panel that I can angle and aim for low sun times of the year.
It hooks up to a spare Victron MPPT control I have had knocking about for a while in our spare room.

£184.99 on Amazon at present when using the £15 off voucher. (y)

Amazon product ASIN B09BRGPJS7

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
MAF sensor
crankshaft sensor
cam shaft sensor
injector wire repair kit
injector overhaul kit ( O rings for leak off pipes, copper washers for nozzles, rubber donuts for rocker cover seals)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
MAF sensor
crankshaft sensor
cam shaft sensor
injector wire repair kit
injector overhaul kit ( O rings for leak off pipes, copper washers for nozzles, rubber donuts for rocker cover seals)
Why the 3 sensors?
How do you get to the crankshaft sensor terminal? Even at the ecu end ( to stick a occillocope to)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Finally got round to buying and fitting a 'Rare Spares' handbrake extender, one of the reasons that put Mrs W off driving the moho.. very pleased with the result, works a treat.
Can you tell me how tricky this was to fit? Thanks.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Very easy to fit, the part with Rarespares on it splits in half and clamps directly over the existing handbrake, it even comes with an Allen key..

After I bought this I saw someone was selling one on this forum.. 😬
Thanks - I can only see SOLD ones in the classifieds though 👍

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Why the 3 sensors?
How do you get to the crankshaft sensor terminal? Even at the ecu end ( to stick a occillocope to)
The MAF sensor has been playing up so while I was ordering I thought I'd have the other 2 as spares also. As in the past I have both need changing on different vehicles.
The crank sensor, on my Transit,is on the top ,back side of the gear box . Cable has to be unplugged to change the clutch but sensor is left in. Hope it never needs to be changed as there is a heat shield over it that is like the krypton factor to remove.
From above the intercooler pipe would have to be removed for access plus water pipes are in the way.I've always found that removing the cable( 3 x so far) from the sensor is easier from underneath. No idea what pins it would be on the ecu?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Gusto delivery! An offer on hubby's Very Me app (Vodafone), 3 meals for 2 people for £4.99 delivered. Very nice but won't keep going with it as over £20 normally.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Finally got to ride the Bromtons today - having to wait as it's been peeing it down most of the time since we got them and even when it had stopped no way were we gonna take them out and risk getting them splatted with muck off the roads! :giggle:

Getting used to the gears wasn't difficult - they aren't like normal bike ones as you have two levers, the left one is '-' & '+' and the right is gears 1, 2, & 3 ... in total they give a range of 6 levels but you need to know when to pedal and when not to as you are supposed to pedal when using '-' & '+' (derailer) but not 1, 2 & 3 (hub gears).

When changing '+' or '-' on the left = pedal
When changing: 1, 2 or 3 on the right = don't pedal (remembered by the abbreviation for 'number' being no. so 'no' pedal')

1st = - & 1
2nd = + & 1
3rd = - & 2
4th = + & 2
5th = - & 3
6th = + & 3

It's not as difficult as it seems - when you want to change up a gear, the RHS lever is pushed left, and you match it by pushing the LHS lever to the left too so it changes to '-', then when going down a gear you push the RHS lever to the right and likewise with the LHS gear push it right too ... got it! 🤪 The difficult bit is trying to decide if you should pedal or not!!! :unsure:

I shall ask questions later! :LOL:

Oh, nearly forgot, we managed fine and it was lovely riding them again, we'd forgotten just how nice they were, not everyone takes to them but we really enjoyed our little jaunt.
Sounds like an Eaton twin split,,😄😄😄 only ex truckers will know what I am on about,,BUSBY.

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Sounds like an Eaton twin split,,😄😄😄 only ex truckers will know what I am on about,,BUSBY.
I remembr once taking one to an all Volvo fleet for demonstration. Cocky driver, knew it all. When I asked hime what he knew about the box he replied indignantly (he thought I was teaching him to drive!!) that he had driven one before in a ***********************Volvo!! So I said ok lets go for a short drive to see if you like the truck. Right bloody horlicks he made of it. Never sold the truck but I still had great deal of satisfaction after the visit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back