The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
In our Arto we have a choice between roof down lights, ambient lighting or reading lights in both bedroom and lounge.
I have above cupboard lighting, below cupboard lighting and 11 spotlights in lounge , 4 spotlights in bedroom .

I rarely use them.
I tend to use the led strip lights I installed and the small table lamp .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Drove up to the bus place in pullborough, waste of time really . Put the van over the pit but the guy said he wasn't sure how to adjust the tracking on this. He wanted to pop the track rod ends out ,turn them and refitt...but was worried about damaging them. I've never seen wheel alignment done like that before . He didn't seem confident at all , he did say if I bought new track rod ends they'd "have a go " on Friday but I'm afraid he just hasn't filled me with confidence and I'm not keen on being an experiment so close to my departure over the Channel, so back to the drawing board. I've still not heard back from that mobile guy , I honestly despair at how crap uk businesses and tradesmen are . They only get work because people have little choice I imagine it certainly isn't their focus on customers or desire to do a good job .

Give the guy his due he offered to take a look.....but I feel it was a waste of 2 hours and diesel driving up there.

Got a wee look underneath though in the pit ... different view if nowt else.
20241026_133808.jpg
20241026_133815.jpg
20241026_140450.jpg
20241026_140459.jpg
20241026_140546.jpg
20241026_140654.jpg

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Drove up to the bus place in pullborough, waste of time really . Put the van over the pit but the guy said he wasn't sure how to adjust the tracking on this. He wanted to pop the track rod ends out ,turn them and refitt...but was worried about damaging them. I've never seen wheel alignment done like that before . He didn't seem confident at all , he did say if I bought new track rod ends they'd "have a go " on Friday but I'm afraid he just hasn't filled me with confidence and I'm not keen on being an experiment so close to my departure over the Channel, so back to the drawing board. I've still not heard back from that mobile guy , I honestly despair at how crap uk businesses and tradesmen are . They only get work because people have little choice I imagine it certainly isn't their focus on customers or desire to do a good job .

Give the guy his due he offered to take a look.....but I feel it was a waste of 2 hours and diesel driving up there.

Got a wee look underneath though in the pit ... different view if nowt else. View attachment 970639View attachment 970640View attachment 970641View attachment 970642View attachment 970643View attachment 970644
Yeah it's getting harder and harder to find people to do stuff these days. Too many jobs and not enough people. I wonder how that happened 🤔

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Yeah it's getting harder and harder to find people to do stuff these days. Too many jobs and not enough people. I wonder how that happened 🤔
That’s easy, too many people sat about waiting for their benefit money going in bank and not enough people willing to put a days graft in.
This is tams thread on his N&B flair, please don’t thread drift and put an opinion on my reply to Helen Ariel it’s just how I see the country going. Nobody wants to work hard anymore, it’s just too easy to play the system and get, to quote Mark Knopfler “Money for nothing”
Hope you get it sorted soon Tam, it might be a case of a truck franchise visit I’m afraid🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It fits my socket yeah ... and the other end is standard 16 pin obd so should fit whatever he uses
As advised..........and both ends of ours were connected correctly. ;)

Unlucky re your futile efforts to get your tracking checked/adjusted Tam. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That’s easy, too many people sat about waiting for their benefit money going in bank and not enough people willing to put a days graft in.
This is tams thread on his N&B flair, please don’t thread drift and put an opinion on my reply to Helen Ariel it’s just how I see the country going. Nobody wants to work hard anymore, it’s just too easy to play the system and get, to quote Mark Knopfler “Money for nothing”
Hope you get it sorted soon Tam, it might be a case of a truck franchise visit I’m afraid🤔
Tried a few truck places already Ady, they say its too small for them but what I think they mean is it isn't a job that can be charged a lot for whereas I think the trucks etc are bigger earners.

But even the mobile guy hasn't got back to me ...he told me he'd phone later that day and that was Wednesday or something . Its just really frustrating as like the brake bleeding it isn't a big or awkward job it just needs equipment I don't have to do the job properly. Not point in guessing with it as it could end up worse .

The other thing is I'm not even certain it definitely is the alignment.. I'm sure the van sits slightly down on the left hand side front .. which as I said before could indicate a weak front shock ...but unless I just replace every part on the front of the van lol there's no way of knowing.

Mot test should identify these issues when tested properly. But there's no mention of anything on any of the previous mots.

The way it's going I'm going to be leaving it as it is and having it looked at in Spain or morroco as I've tried every place I can find

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Tried a few truck places already Ady, they say its too small for them but what I think they mean is it isn't a job that can be charged a lot for whereas I think the trucks etc are bigger earners.

But even the mobile guy hasn't got back to me ...he told me he'd phone later that day and that was Wednesday or something . Its just really frustrating as like the brake bleeding it isn't a big or awkward job it just needs equipment I don't have to do the job properly. Not point in guessing with it as it could end up worse .

The other thing is I'm not even certain it definitely is the alignment.. I'm sure the van sits slightly down on the left hand side front .. which as I said before could indicate a weak front shock ...but unless I just replace every part on the front of the van lol there's no way of knowing.

Mot test should identify these issues when tested properly. But there's no mention of anything on any of the previous mots.

The way it's going I'm going to be leaving it as it is and having it looked at in Spain or morroco as I've tried every place I can find
Don’t know about the Moroccans, but the Turks would have it sorted👍

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975

Got a wee look underneath though in the pit ... different view if nowt else. View attachment 970639View attachment 970640View attachment 970641View attachment 970642View attachment 970643View attachment 970644
Interesting that, what I presume is the bottom of an airbag, is showing on the left of pics 4&5 but nothing on the right.
Is that just the angle you shoot the picture?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
it won't be the shock as that just damps the spring & rebound .it will be a weak spring that has either settled or a bit broke off.
It doesn't have springs on this van , it's torsion beam suspension on the iveco. So it has to be the shock or the tiebar or the tracking .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Is there nowhere en route to Morocco that can do it or even in Morocco given its reliance on old-fashioned skills?
I'm ruling out France as they seem to take forever to fix anything, spain I'm sure there will be places but I'd rather somewhere that someone knew than just trying at random . Morocco they will have a go at anything...whether its done right or not though is another question however.. I'd have preferred to get it sorted out before I go . But you never know maybe it prefers driving on the lhs lol

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016

So why not get an MOT from reputable garage to see?

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
So he can fit new ones and can do it…🤷🏼‍♂️ but not with the ones already on there…🤔 the trouble with most garages they just want to replace, no one fixes anything these days..

If I was a bit younger and especially fitter I think I’d start a mobile “fix it” repair business…😃 there’s firms now that solely deal in putting your flat pack furniture together 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ it’s getting to the stage that kids don’t know what a fuse is let alone changing one…😡

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
So he can fit new ones and can do it…🤷🏼‍♂️ but not with the ones already on there…🤔 the trouble with most garages they just want to replace, no one fixes anything these days..

If I was a bit younger and especially fitter I think I’d start a mobile “fix it” repair business…😃 there’s firms now that solely deal in putting your flat pack furniture together 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ it’s getting to the stage that kids don’t know what a fuse is let alone changing one…😡
No he's worried that if he tries to pop the track rods out and damages them then I'd be stuck.

Problem is I'm pretty sure that isn't how to adjust it on this vehicle.

The iveco forums seem to suggest it's the tie bar that goes diagonally from the hub to the front chassis that adjusts it.

I've never seen track rod ends removed to adjust tracking ,usually undo the lock nut and wind the bar in or out.

Iveco forum link ...tracking

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back