The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Feck sake

So they can't look at the van today now...called out to a breakdown apparently.

Says they " should " be able to look at it tomorrow..

Course I can't go anywhere tomorrow till after this adapter arrives.

I used to work as a transport despatch coordinator lol. I could have 10-15 trucks going all over the place and it was easier than it is trying to get a few jobs done on a motorhome.

Are you sure you haven’t been cursed by the big Kilted Clansman for leaving the motherland 😱🤣

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I know and I've told them for years I look over my glasses to look at my phone but they say thats fine.

They've mentioned varifocals a few times but I'm not sure I want those. Take a while to get used to and not ideal before leaving the country .
Tam when I first had varifocals I had clear in the top as I didn’t need them for distance at that time, that has changed over the years. But it meant I did not have to have two pairs of glasses and take one off and one on it used to drive me potty when we were travelling. Personally, I don’t think they’re difficult to get used to but only you know that but I would recommend you get a pair if you don’t get them this time I would get them the next time you have a new set.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Are you sure you haven’t been cursed by the big Kilted Clansman for leaving the motherland 😱🤣
Honestly I seem to get a spell of good luck then a spell of bad luck . Always been the same . I knew everything was going to smoothly at Just smiffy with this van everything was working out well , then the last few weeks ever since the generator played up its been a nightmare trying to get the last few jobs sorted on the van. It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't so close to my ferry date ... but trying to minimise any chance of problems in Europe.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Tam when I first had varifocals I had clear in the top as I didn’t need them for distance at that time, that has changed over the years. But it meant I did not have to have two pairs of glasses and take one off and one on it used to drive me potty when we were travelling. Personally, I don’t think they’re difficult to get used to but only you know that but I would recommend you get a pair if you don’t get them this time I would get them the next time you have a new set.
Yeah I might give them a try when I'm back next spring as I know that having a pair for reading is going to annoy me too as I'll never have them when I need them.

I definitely felt like my eyes had deteriorated but he said there was only a very very slight change in one eye and recommended I just leave my distance prescription the same for now. So it saved me some money I suppose .

Bit of a swizz with the cost of lenses replaced in my spare glasses though. It was their daft ant scratch coating that was peeling off them hence needing them fixed and it's costing me £40 just for new lenses in them .

When I bought them originally it was 2 pairs of complete designer glasses for £125 ... so 40 quid seems steep. Told them not to put any coatings at all on them this time as the coating does not like heat or salt water.

The new reading glasses only cost £15 for the frames the lenses are free.

I won't be wearing them out anywhere anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I had a pair of Varifocals for years, they were great to use all day when viewing screens and reading docs and I didnt get tired eyes. Looking ahead were clear lenses, looking down to read were just slightly magnified. When I retired the frames broke, and so I just went up and bought a set of reading glasses which I still use when on screens or reading, but nothing needed for long vision yet.🤞
The varifocals were great because of the way the lenses merged into each other, no defining straight line to separate them as such.
Prepare yourself though, as to have the convenience of a pair of glasses that allows you to see long & short for reading, comes at a cost, mine were over £400 15 years ago, but looking back were well worth it.
LES

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back