The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If they haven't, can they not order it from their supplier. Speak to them Tam, they may be able to help.
I've sent the guy a message to explain that the one I've ordered hasn't turned up and asked him to check if he has one. I've also sent him the link to one on amazon.

If uncle lenny can order me one on his amazon to get here tomorrow it'll be fine . But he's got no data signal in Portugal at the minute so will need to look later.

I've gotta head off in to worthing for me eye test shortly.

Not been on a bus in years

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Why can't you just create your own amazon account?
I just never use amazon I buy everything off ebay usually. And as I'm out the UK 6 months of the year there's no point in me paying for amazon prime.

Normal amazon wouldn't get it here tomorrow.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Send me a link & DM delivery address Tam & I can order it for you if needed.
Langtoftlad has just pmd with that same offer so thanks hopefully sorted if uncle lenny can't get it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
I just never use amazon I buy everything off ebay usually. And as I'm out the UK 6 months of the year there's no point in me paying for amazon prime.

Just make sure that any delivery doesn't get put through Lenny's letter box!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
That costs money and he probably can't pay Uncle Lenny Aire parking AND more parts! 🤣
The ebay one isn't coming .. I finally got a reply from seller ... usual Chinese seller excuses

"Ah very sorry we received bad news and item has been returned to us. .. we already despatched replacement item to you ...can you please wait one or two more days"

I've told them sure I'll wait a few more days if you are willing to pay the £75 cancellation fee for the technician I have coming to do a job I need this part for.

Otherwise refund me immediately as I need to buy it elsewhere.

I use ebay all the time and very rarely have a problem but it's annoying when you need something by a certain time and it's always the item you have issues with. Never fails

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
But he's got no data signal in Portugal at the minute so will need to look later.
Omg .. he's gonna be paying for WiFi as well as EHU at this rate 😄 ... His FLT membership is well and truly shot!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
If you set up an Amazon account you can get prime free for 30 days once per year. I do it on mine and then on swmbo account to watch the football when they have it instead of sky.
Handy to know in the future.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.

I don’t have prime, it doesn’t make a difference 8 out of 10 is dropped next day, the free option is normally 3/4 days on paper but in reality it’s mostly next day or day after👍

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I don’t have prime, it doesn’t make a difference 8 out of 10 is dropped next day, the free option is normally 3/4 days in paper but in reality it’s mostly next day or day after👍
But he needs it delivered tomorrow.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ford MS-RT
Sometimes it's like the universe conspires against me. Or there's some divine intervention to stop me from having this van remapped.

So after the failed attempt last week I ordered the obd adapter cable that JockandRita had linked to off ebay... u had arranged to have remap Kings come to uncle Lenny HB address to do the remap on Wednesday... but after a think I thought that was maybe too soon and cable might not get here by then so I asked to change the remap day to Monday... the technician then contacted me saying Tuesday would be the day .. so I thought OK that'll do .

I ordered several other items on ebay last weekend and all have arrived bar the feckin adapter cable I need for this guy to do the remap.

No response from ebay seller and the tracking shows yodel ( the worst parcel company in the UK) have had it since Monday. So contacted them via there chat service this morning to see where it is and basically they haven't a clue .. its in their system somewhere but not at the local depot . And once they receive it they'll update the tracking.

If I cancel the remap less than 24 hours before the appointment I get no refund.
It's in remap kings terms ..

If I want to change the date now it would be the following week and I leave the UK a week on Tuesday.

And it's now Friday.

My only hope now is to buy another one on amazon ...and hope it can be here tomorrow.

I don't have an amazon account but uncle lenny does
Hi Tam,

I have been following your up's and down's and can understand your frustration. If you can have a look on Amazon and send me a link for the correct OBD adapter you need, I will order it next day on my account.

Hopefully you will then receive it either Saturday or Sunday and your mapping session can go ahead.

HTH

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
According to his previous post he needs it next week Tuesday 🤷🏻‍♂️
No the technician is coming Tuesday morning . If I cancel the appointment within the last 24 hours ie after 9am Monday I don't get a refund as its a mobile service and they are busy.

So I need the adapter to arrive tomorrow at the latest so i can make sure it's here and works.

Can't take the chance on it arriving Monday.

Not willing to lose £240

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Geist Phantom
Exp
MoHo since March 2018.
Because most of the vehicles will have the standard obd2 socket I imagine . To be honest they were meant to be standardised from 2001 so this van should have a normal 16 pin obd port . But it doesn't.
Well, I ended up with 2 cable adapters then the one piece Autel adapter before I found out that T1n Sprinters not only have a non standard OBD port (14 pin round) but also they don’t do OBD. Seems they use something called K-Lines or similar sounding protocol lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Well, I ended up with 2 cable adapters then the one piece Autel adapter before I found out that T1n Sprinters not only have a non standard OBD port (14 pin round) but also they don’t do OBD. Seems they use something called K-Lines or similar sounding protocol lol
Jees I really hope I don't have any of that nonsense on this one.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Tam…. You have given all the information to the man doing the remap, if he turns up and hasn’t got the equipment to do the job it’s his problem, you’ll get a refund of your deposit…. However you want it done and your doing all you can to get the correct part to assist the remap man. It’s not life or death and besides it’s all down hill to Morocco….😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back