The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
So we are now parked up for the night at woodhenge , never been here before so thought I'd check it out as did stonehenge before . Dry but windy here .

Few issues today with van, gear knob came off in my hand 3 feckin times today changing from 1st to 2nd which was a right pain in the ass. I've glued it on tonight with some ob1 ...hopefully that sorts it.

I'm getting a few water drips landing on the dash which I'm really hoping is condensation from the roller blind and not a leak .. no other sign of a leak .

Still getting this vibration and pulling on front left hand side .. was really noticeable today on some roads, some road surfaces are worse than others. Need to have another look at thst as it really spoils the drive.

I lowered the tyre pressures today after I got here from 65psi to 60psi to see if that makes any difference.

B2b wasn't doing its job properly so I need to change how that's working.

Feckin dash cam also doing weird shit going on and off all the time . Not sure the way I've wired it in is agreeing with it.

Anyway all stupid stuff really

I'd like to find what's causing that vibration with front wheel , I'm wondering if maybe the shocks aren't the best on the front . Often they don't leak they just get weak . So hard to identify.

Might buy a set before I leave UK and will fit them in the sun somewhere.

Few pics from woodhenge

20241020_154343_copy_1286x872.jpg
20241020_154511_copy_1612x1149.jpg
20241020_154520_copy_1209x1403.jpg
20241020_154528_copy_1523x1163.jpg
20241020_154555_copy_1353x966.jpg
20241020_154832_copy_1612x1114.jpg
20241020_155428_copy_1470x977.jpg

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Never heard of Woodhenge before so will have to look it up.

Hope you get your minor issues sorted and get to the bottom of the pulling to one side problem.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Never heard of Woodhenge before so will have to look it up.

Hope you get your minor issues sorted and get to the bottom of the pulling to one side problem.
I had heard of it ,I'm sure it came up in history at school, I believe it existed before stonehenge. Of course what's there now isn't original as the wood rotted and they've just put concrete pillars where the stumps were .. but you get the idea I guess.

Interesting place though, if dry we can have a good walk around tomorrow

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
So we are now parked up for the night at woodhenge , never been here before so thought I'd check it out as did stonehenge before . Dry but windy here .

Few issues today with van, gear knob came off in my hand 3 feckin times today changing from 1st to 2nd which was a right pain in the ass. I've glued it on tonight with some ob1 ...hopefully that sorts it.

I'm getting a few water drips landing on the dash which I'm really hoping is condensation from the roller blind and not a leak .. no other sign of a leak .

Still getting this vibration and pulling on front left hand side .. was really noticeable today on some roads, some road surfaces are worse than others. Need to have another look at thst as it really spoils the drive.

I lowered the tyre pressures today after I got here from 65psi to 60psi to see if that makes any difference.

B2b wasn't doing its job properly so I need to change how that's working.

Feckin dash cam also doing weird shit going on and off all the time . Not sure the way I've wired it in is agreeing with it.

Anyway all stupid stuff really

I'd like to find what's causing that vibration with front wheel , I'm wondering if maybe the shocks aren't the best on the front . Often they don't leak they just get weak . So hard to identify.

Might buy a set before I leave UK and will fit them in the sun somewhere.

Few pics from woodhenge

View attachment 968014View attachment 968015View attachment 968016View attachment 968017View attachment 968018View attachment 968019View attachment 968020
Someone was mentioning some upgraded shocks which made a huge difference, some German brand?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Someone was mentioning some upgraded shocks which made a huge difference, some German brand?
I did consider them about 18 x months ago, but found them really expensive, so opted for 4 x Monroe Van Magnums which have definitely made a difference to our ride, bearing in mind we also have all round air suspension.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I did consider them about 18 x months ago, but found them really expensive, so opted for 4 x Monroe Van Magnums which have definitely made a difference to our ride, bearing in mind we also have all round air suspension.

Cheers,

These ones jock?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Yes Tam, but I can't remember if that's the same part number or not. Ours came from Ebay via a German supplier.

Cheers,

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Yes Tam, but I can't remember if that's the same part number or not. Ours came from Ebay via a German supplier.

Cheers,

Aye that's the rears though. Its front I need at present . Although I might change the rears next year

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Those blinds are insulated between the inner & outer slates don't normally get any condensation.
Feckin dash cam also doing weird shit going on and off all the time . Not sure the way I've wired it in is agreeing with it
Could be the power supply not man enough or poor quality lead resulting in a volt drop.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO 64L
Exp
Since 2012
Aye that's the rears though. Its front I need at present . Although I might change the rears next year
I was going to post about the front end shudder as I'm calling it .I drove to metal bridge inn near Carlisle today as i am going to a garage here in the morning and the front end seems shaky with alot of vibration in the mirrors as this is my first A class I was going to ask if this in a normal this as against a coach build?
I haven't felt this vibration on any van I've had before so is it common? I thought some more vibrations would be common with the bigger space in the cab in front.
I will get the balance and tracking done on the front and see if it improves and ask the garage about the condition of the shocks.
I may be looking at changing them also at a future date.

Cheers Cris 🍻.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I was going to post about the front end shudder as I'm calling it .I drove to metal bridge inn near Carlisle today as i am going to a garage here in the morning and the front end seems shaky with alot of vibration in the mirrors as this is my first A class I was going to ask if this in a normal this as against a coach build?
I haven't felt this vibration on any van I've had before so is it common? I thought some more vibrations would be common with the bigger space in the cab in front.
I will get the balance and tracking done on the front and see if it improves and ask the garage about the condition of the shocks.

Cheers Cris 🍻.
No not normal, on our 3rd A Class never had it. Also normally quiter and smoother than a standard cab due the better insulation.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95

Cheers Cris 🍻.
Mine just seems to be front driver side. It's not so bad on motorway but a roads it vibrates through steering wheel. Only rattles is the front blinds.

It's very very smooth otherwise which is why it's so noticeable to me.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tam, can I be brutally honest, I don't think your a traditional campsite Warden material.
I have to say I agree, wardens have to have the patience of a saint and I don't quite think that Tam could manage that ... more likely slightly less irritated Victor Meldrew! 🤣

However if he did his 'Mrs Doubtfire' impersonation I'm sure he'd manage to insult them without them even realising. :LOL:

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO 64L
Exp
Since 2012
No not normal, on our 3rd A Class never had it. Also normally quiter and smoother than a standard cab due the better insulation.
Ye,it needs looking into I think,
Just like Tam Northernraider a few wee things creeping in on this van that needs sorted,its not done much milage ( about a 1k or so)in the last four years.im out trying to use it as much as possible to get it all sorted for Spain in December
Once I get all things fettled it will be great van I think 😁

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B ARTO 64L
Exp
Since 2012
Mine just seems to be front driver side. It's not so bad on motorway but a roads it vibrates through steering wheel. Only rattles is the front blinds.

It's very very smooth otherwise which is why it's so noticeable to me.
Same as me coming up the Menock road over Leadhills today vibration through steering wheel and no problem on motorway.
Hopefully we'll get it figured out😁.
I'm watching with interest incase you solve it first😅.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Ye,it needs looking into I think,
Just like Tam Northernraider a few wee things creeping in on this van that needs sorted,its not done much milage ( about a 1k or so)in the last four years.im out trying to use it as much as possible to get it all sorted for Spain in December
Once I get all things fettled it will be great van I think 😁
They don't like sitting around that's the problem. So once you start using it all the wee issues come to light.

Fortunately...and fingers crossed 🤞 nothing has been major . Its just a lot of small things but all together rather than over a long period of time.

To be expected really.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Same as me coming up the Menock road over Leadhills today vibration through steering wheel and no problem on motorway.
Hopefully we'll get it figured out😁.
I'm watching with interest incase you solve it first😅.
Yours being fiat though could be completely different to mine. Mine has a truck chassis and it's all torsion beam suspension etc . The fiat is very different.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
With the gusting strong wind today, I would try driving it again when it's calmer.
Mine was all-over the place today! 🤔
I've been driving it every day. We've done 7/800 miles since leaving Cornwall 11 days ago.

But I will see how it is tomorrow with the tyre pressures lowered a little.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Your so heavy handed you pulled the gear nob off.. now you have two nobs in the cab…😉

How is the fuel consumption now anyway..🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Your so heavy handed you pulled the gear nob off.. now you have two nobs in the cab…😉

How is the fuel consumption now anyway..🤔
It's a weird push on knob and I think the splines are worn. A few times it's been a struggle to get from 1st to 2nd . Randomly. And on one of those occasions it just came off in me hand lol. And a further twice since.

Fuel consumption isn't fantastic.. about 400km from a tank.

Tank isn't huge though. I've not let it get empty so not sure how much it holds in full but approx £90- 100 I think

I just feed it when it needs it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back