The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
I worked for havelock Europe, they were a large shopfitting company. I was one of 4 picking and despatch team leading supervisors , I was hands on so while I was in charge of 8 fulltime and usually 5/7 agency pickers ( they picked and packed the various components) I also picked ,packed and dispatched items myself. I was also one of 4 fire marshal's, first aiders and held the licences for various height working machinery, ie cherrypickers. Scissor lifts and both counterbalance and reach truck forklifts . A little bit of computing work but mostly on their own stock control software etc.
Prior to that I've done a bit of everything. Mechanics, valeting, welder, powder coater, fabricator, saw operator etc. Basically I did any job that paid the bills and changed jobs when I could get a pay increase for them.

Get it listed on some A4 with approximate dates if you cannot recall exactly.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Yes that's my worry and why I'd prefer a smaller campsite and preferably doing mostly maintenance work away from the general public.. but I gotta take what I can get as I do need a job next spring . I get on with most folk to be honest bit I do seem to be a magnet for idiots and those are what drive me nuts

That is funny

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
You never know what he might be applying for in the future, nothing wrong in getting it right first as last.
Small steps
Appearing over qualified is as bad as being under.
Tam just needs to list his experience & skills

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
A basic cv is all you need for a wardens job, its not rocket science and they know from reading it and that at 51yrs you have life experience….

No disrespect but most people could do it except for me as dealing with the customers there be more graves then pitches….😆🤣😂

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi
I woukd add something about your enthusiasm for the motorhome/caravan life, and the pleasure in meeting and sharing knowledge and experiences with others on your travels. .
It demonstrates your people skills.
And in my experience employers won't be too bothered about ancient history, except a timeline, showing work and travel dates would be reassuring.
I do seasonal agency work, and provide a brief outline of my work and travel dates, with the offer to provide referees to confirm my work history.
As a professional person, who follows your blog, happy to offer that if needed.
I suspect campsite owners are looking for practical, reliable and flexible employees who will be happy as part of a team.
You could also reference your Internet skills, with evidence of your ability to use apps, and programs, showing your ability to transfer knowledge snd skills from one llatform to another.
Necessary for the job.

on another note the double skillet is a brilliant bit of kit. They recommend using a heat diffuser on gas hobs, because they work best at a low temperature, and the diffuser ensures the heat reaches the whole pan.

Good luck.
Also I have stayed at a fruit farm on the outskirts of Swindon. Water and toilet dump, and free.
May be helpful.

Karen

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
A basic cv is all you need for a wardens job, its not rocket science and they know from reading it and that at 51yrs you have life experience….

No disrespect but most people could do it except for me as dealing with the customers there be more graves then pitches….😆🤣😂
Well that might be the case next year too lol. 😅

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Hi
I woukd add something about your enthusiasm for the motorhome/caravan life, and the pleasure in meeting and sharing knowledge and experiences with others on your travels. .
It demonstrates your people skills.
And in my experience employers won't be too bothered about ancient history, except a timeline, showing work and travel dates would be reassuring.
I do seasonal agency work, and provide a brief outline of my work and travel dates, with the offer to provide referees to confirm my work history.
As a professional person, who follows your blog, happy to offer that if needed.
I suspect campsite owners are looking for practical, reliable and flexible employees who will be happy as part of a team.
You could also reference your Internet skills, with evidence of your ability to use apps, and programs, showing your ability to transfer knowledge snd skills from one llatform to another.
Necessary for the job.

on another note the double skillet is a brilliant bit of kit. They recommend using a heat diffuser on gas hobs, because they work best at a low temperature, and the diffuser ensures the heat reaches the whole pan.

Good luck.
Also I have stayed at a fruit farm on the outskirts of Swindon. Water and toilet dump, and free.
May be helpful.

Karen
Details of that fruit farm would be appreciated. By pm if necessary ta

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
You posted right after the post that I said the same as you.
Chaser sometimes I post, in answer something I’ve just read, but as I’m not on her all day, I’m catching up, the post sometimes actually appears a couple of pages from where I read it!

This thread moves very quickly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Tam

Not sure thar has copied across correctly, but it is Lotmead Pick your own site and shop.

They are very welcoming. I found it on Britstops I think.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
All my certs are out of date now and basically worthless.
These things need regularly renewing and unless paid for by the employer can be very very expensive.
I know, I used to be one of those employers, bloody useless Drivers CPC for example, £1000+ per driver! 😡

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back