The resurrection of Doc, bringing a 20 year old neismann Bischoff Flair back to life after 12 years off road.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Just put your text into ChatGDP and it came up with this. Hope it helps!

Curriculum Vitae

Personal Information

• Name: [Your Name]
  • Date of Birth: [Your Date of Birth]
  • Marital Status: Single
  • Nationality: [Your Nationality]
  • Contact Information: [Your Contact Details]

---

I am a hardworking and hands-on individual with over 34 years of experience around caravans and motorhomes. For the past seven years, I have lived and traveled full-time in my motorhome, primarily within the UK from April to October and across Europe from November to March. My work history spans multiple roles, providing me with a broad skill set, including team leadership, DIY, maintenance, and machinery operation. I am adaptable and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Although I have no formal campsite warden experience, my background and practical skills equip me well for such roles.

---

Skills
  • Over 34 years of experience with caravans and motorhomes
  • Excellent DIY and general maintenance skills
  • Team leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
  • Proficient in basic computer tasks
  • Operation of machinery such as forklifts, scissor lifts, cherry pickers, lawn tractors, and small tractors
  • Hands-on experience in mechanics, welding, fabricating, painting, and vehicle valeting
  • Grass cutting, gardening, and property maintenance
  • Full, clean C1 driving licence
  • Strong work ethic, adaptable, and able to work independently or within a team

---

Professional Experience

Team Leader – [Company Name]
Dates of Employment: [Insert Dates]
  • Managed a team of 8 full-time and 7 part-time employees in a warehouse environment.
  • Oversaw day-to-day operations, ensured productivity, and maintained high standards of safety and efficiency.
  • Responsible for coordinating tasks, delegating work, and ensuring smooth workflow.

Mechanic, Valeter, Welder, Fabricator, Painter
Various Roles – [List Companies or “Freelance”]
  • Extensive experience in mechanics, maintaining, and repairing vehicles.
  • Valeting vehicles to a high standard.
  • Welding, fabricating, and painting in various industrial and automotive settings.

---

Additional Experience
  • Travel and motorhome experience across the UK and Europe, maintaining personal vehicles and equipment.
  • Gardening and property maintenance, including grass cutting and landscaping.

---

Education and Certifications
  • [Insert relevant education, qualifications, or certifications here, if applicable.]
  • Full Clean C1 Driving Licence

---

Interests
  • Travel and exploration
  • Photography
  • Outdoor activities

---

References
Available upon request.

---

This format presents your skills, experience, and lifestyle in a clear, professional manner, emphasizing your adaptability, practical skills, and relevant experience.
That's brilliant that is

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Whatever you do don't get a job on a CMHC site then.
My ideal would be a small quiet site

That woman I spoke with earlier had the perfect place from what she said. Nothing fancy just a neat tidy little place. 25 statics and 15 touring pitches . But she's open all year and wants just one warden groundsman on site 12 months of the year. Which is no good to me.

But her sons place sounds OK too . They've 50 touring pitches 1 toilet block etc . And seasonal so hopefully he'll phone as she took my number etc to pass on to him

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
That's brilliant that is
In my first 40yrs of life, I had various jobs and positions and, until I started working for myself, nothing was constant or lasted long.

One thing that did work for me, along with my references, was to offer to work for nothing for a week THEN, if they were satisfied, they could employ and pay me.
If not satisfied, we would shake hands with no hard feelings.
This also gave ME a chance to evaluate the job.

I don't know you but, IMO the hardest part, and it IS hard, is dealing with the general public.
At times, I couldn't, so I employed a Transport Manager & Secretary and kept driving as the 'Transport Manager' with him as my boss.

To the kids & general public, this gave me authority and an excuse to enforce the rule (or I might lose my job) while allowing me to make instant decisions depending on the circumstances.

Good luck, I'm happy I'm retired! 😄

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
With Fork truck & some H&S certs you will easily walk into a job as they are always advertising for operatives in most areas & agency’s will also take you on which I would assume you’d prefer as then you can work as & when
Although they might be out of date and might need renewing? 🤔

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
In my first 40yrs of life, I had various jobs and positions and, until I started working for myself, nothing was constant or lasted long.

One thing that did work for me, along with my references, was to offer to work for nothing for a week THEN, if they were satisfied, they could employ and pay me.
If not satisfied, we would shake hands with no hard feelings.
This also gave ME a chance to evaluate the job.

I don't know you but, IMO the hardest part, and it IS hard, is dealing with the general public.
At times, I couldn't, so I employed a Transport Manager & Secretary and kept driving as the 'Transport Manager' with him as my boss.

To the kids & general public, this gave me authority and an excuse to enforce the rule (or I might lose my job) while allowing me to make instant decisions depending on the circumstances.

Good luck, I'm happy I'm retired! 😄
Yes that is the bit that slightly worries me lol but I worked with the public as a delivery driver. I only had the odd spatt with entitled muppets.

Although they might be out of date and might need renewing? 🤔

Unfortunately yes they all do need renewing now . But it should still demonstrate I've the ability to turn my hand to most things.

I'm hoping I can appeal to most as an outdoor type work person and avoid having to work in reception or shops etc taking bookings etc.

I'd rather be out cutting grass, painting fences etc

Don't mind cleaning toilet blocks etc .. just keep kids away from me lol.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Still parked up here today, will stay the night again and start heading south tomorrow. I was gonna do a few hours south today but I looked all around the area level with Oxford etc and couldn't see much worth trying to park at . I might head for the wessex downs tomorrow then arundel Monday night. Will see how it goes .

20241018_172703_copy_1405x1014.jpg
20241018_172653_copy_1378x1096.jpg

Busy place this lots of dog walkers all day only getting quiet now.

No solar today as parked under trees

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
The N&B is looking fabulous.
Thanks although it's filthy now , I've been up and down a few muddy tracks so it's needing washed. Hopefully my hard work polishing and waxing it will mean it should mostly clean up just with a good hose down.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
If you include blatant untruths on your CV, you will quickly get found out and, even more quickly, shown the door.

Unless the person spec. asks for specific warden experience, however, there is no point in giving the employer reasons to exclude your application before you even get there.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Just being honest .
Not so sure about that lol ,

I can work well as part of a team and equally well on my own “

you have told us you have traded over 700 vehicles
That’s almost 1 every 2 weeks , and full time employment
That in itself is outstanding

Put that in your CV

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
The only time I applied for a job requiring a CV I replied to the ad that I’ve always worked and could drive class 1 vehicles, diggers up to 10 tonne, qualified to operate a lorry loader ( Hiab to the uninitiated) amongst other qualities but I’d never filled in a CV.

The CEO saw my response and sent for me, I’m still working there albeit part time

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Not so sure about that lol ,

I can work well as part of a team and equally well on my own “

you have told us you have traded over 700 vehicles
That’s almost 1 every 2 weeks , and full time employment
That in itself is outstanding

Put that in your CV
My ex wife would tell you that when she worked a 4 hour shift I'd regularly drop her off in one car and collect her in another lol.

2 weeks is for amateurs 🤣 I'd bought and sold over 50 before I'd even passed my driving test , at 17 I regularly had 6/ vehicles parked outside my mum and dad's.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Tams Quote: I'd bought and sold over 50 before I'd even passed my driving test , at 17 I regularly had 6/ vehicles parked outside my mum and dad's.

Was that at the time of Exchange & Mart Tam? or later with Autotrader newspaper? :giggle:
LES

dna

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I'm trying to catch up on the posts but a quick thing I was taught about CVs was to turn skills into achievements. That way the recruiter can see the benefit of you applying those skills.
In my old world of IT management it was about showing projects / services, that I led, being delivered on time / on budget and hitting performance targets

As a fictious example, rather than say skilled in restoring motorhomes, say that you have successfully restored a number of motorhomes, including the one you currently live in which passed it's latest MOT with no advisories, and you are recognised as an expert by people in the motorhome community

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Tams Quote: I'd bought and sold over 50 before I'd even passed my driving test , at 17 I regularly had 6/ vehicles parked outside my mum and dad's.

Was that at the time of Exchange & Mart Tam? or later with Autotrader newspaper? :giggle:
LES
There was a paper you bought called supermart it was blue on Saturdays, yellow on Wednesdays. And you used to put cards in asda on a noticeboard.

That and just handwritten signs in windows.

Bare in mind these were cheap runners
circa £3 - 700 many I bought as trade ins from my work , others were bought and often sold from and too neighbours Cheapest car I ever bought £15 as at that time that was what a scrapyard payed for a scrap car. I got quite a few for free too 😁. Sometimes I only made £50 on a car other times a bit more. I often had people knock on the door asking to buy cars I had long before I put them up for sale and sometimes I was swapped other things for cars lol, tvs, fishing gear,
bikes you name it. Didn't take long to be known locally for always having different cars etc. ..in later years I was nicknamed the camper guy lol as always several vw campers, beetles etc in the drive or street.

Those were the days.

My dad ran old bangers at the time and I generally kept him in cars for years .

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
I'm trying to catch up on the posts but a quick thing I was taught about CVs was to turn skills into achievements. That way the recruiter can see the benefit of you applying those skills.
In my old world of IT management it was about showing projects / services, that I led, being delivered on time / on budget and hitting performance targets

As a fictious example, rather than say skilled in restoring motorhomes, say that you have successfully restored a number of motorhomes, including the one you currently live in which passed it's latest MOT with no advisories, and you are recognised as an expert by people in the motorhome community
I think that might be telling quite a few porkies though.

I'm no expert in anything lol.

I remember an uncle once applying to the dockyard in Rosyth as a burner , on his first day he was asked to cut some steel and couldn't light the burning torch lol

He lasted 90 minutes.

I don't want to get offered a job for next April then turn up and them expect a genius lol.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
2 weeks is for amateurs 🤣 I'd bought and sold over 50 before I'd even passed my driving test , at 17 I regularly had 6/ vehicles parked outside my mum and dad's.

Why are you looking for work ? , with those credentials you can make your own money
Easily , buy and sell , even from a mobile home , as seasonal as you like

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
N&B Flair 8000ib
Exp
AirOn and off since 95
Why are you looking for work ? , with those credentials you can make your own money
Easily , buy and sell , even from a mobile home , as seasonal as you like
Not without a base .

Anyway I'm done with all that now , I actually hate selling stuff these days it's just a lot more hassle. I just want to pick up a wage and have somewhere to park when I'm in the UK.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro 463
Exp
Not enough
Well what I mean is I don't have one that I can email etc. I haven't worked a job I needed one for since I left my warehouse supervisor position in 2017. And I worked there for 12 years so 19 years since I applied for a job lol.
Since 2017 I've only done casual self employed delivery work which required no interviews application etc ..I was head hunted for most of those.

I can't provide references as every proper company I've worked for is no longer in business.

So I don't know where to start to be honest
Start by being honest, it’s the best policy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back